wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Raila Odinga gone gangsta
Magigi
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:34:44 PM

...Raila must have a read an article by a CNN political analyst, Martin Rowland, that Obama should go gangsta and do appointments on his own using his executive authority without getting into endless and fruitless discussions with GOP. This is what he said: "He has watched Republicans block many of his appointments, and now he says he made it clear to them that he will "consider" making some when the U.S. Senate goes into recess". That's going gangsta...
...Raila knew that Kibaki will not buy his idea if he approached him on this sackings. He decided to go gangsta...and man things aint playing his way.

Zakumi
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:43:09 PM

One can only hope that Rao had anticipated Baks move and is about to pull the winning card...otherwise this gangster move might just be his waterloo.

Mau was just childsplay people wil sweat this time and i ws curious at the sight of Salim lone beside Rao.
The Strong Do What They Want,The Weak Do What They Must!
poundfoolish
#3 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 6:20:05 AM

The guy must have known 'house on the hill' will almost 80% say we were not consulted...
Im i the only one who can read RAO's face?.. it was evident as he addressed the media on the suspensions, he was up to a something and quite obvious, a lie on his face, as well when he said he had consulted the Prezzy..
He then goes for a game of Football.. as if to sit and wait and watch Valentines Drama unroll...LOL!!
Magigi
#4 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 6:42:43 AM

...what options does Raila have now? Will he quit or he will fight from within. In my opinion I think Raila has come out strongly in fighting corruption and will have the support of the WEST!!!
#5 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 7:01:18 AM

Magigi wrote:
...what options does Raila have now? Will he quit or he will fight from within. In my opinion I think Raila has come out dtrongly in the fighting corruption and will have the support of the WEST!!!

RO was handed a shovel by baba Jimmy and is doing a good job digging his own grave. The west can't help him much.Shame on you

BBI will solve it
:)
Edge
#6 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 8:38:36 PM

It was well put by Mutahi Ngunyi in yesterdays Sunday Nation,RAO is not fighting any corruption and lets not lie to ourselves that he is committed to do so(I stand to be corrected).Raila is doing his job but doing it unwisely,who are his advisors?they are leading him to his political grave.
Josey
#7 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:43:14 PM

Am shocked!!!

Guys your input on this matter shows that either you dont really care on fight against corruption or you just burrying yr heads in the sand.

My opinion is that RAO aint done anything wrong by suspending his JUNIORS (RUTO and ONGERI) and this decision should stand.
After all he just 'suspended' and not 'sacked' them!

RAO's action has won confidence from Kenyans with high integrity and not those stone throwing road-blockers for hire who go screaming that RAO is targeting there community, yet they sleep hungry with no help from these MBUTAS they are actively defending.............
aemathenge
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:08:50 AM

gathinga
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:23:22 AM

RAO will live to regret losing the populous R Valley voting block so recklessly!
gathinga
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:34:43 AM

PNU will likely call RAO bluff over Annan this time round. Now they have the numbers in parliament which is the only thing they lacked to govern. In addition, they have the legal monopoly of violence (disciplined forces) and also the illegal (RV militia) both in their control. The only leverage RAO now has is threats to uproot the rail, which mr. Saitoti will clearly be bolder to address.
muganda
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:40:55 AM

@gathinga, Did RAO have to loose the voting block really?
Wasn't it easier to condone corruption, facilitate a few more scandals, and benefit in the midst of it all? Or perhaps just do nothing?

Doing the difficult thing is more often the right; but judging by our reactions (including Mutahi Ngunyi), we interprete laissez-faire as deftness. Little wonder then that Kiraitu had to fete Moi and praise his leadership many years later.
McReggae
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:22:21 AM

PEV suspects should not be tried, Mau destruction and occupancy should continue and corruption should be the norm as long as the RV votes is kept within ODM........only in Kenya!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
poundfoolish
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:46:38 AM

in my honest opinion Mutahi is tired of thinking for us, and has resolved to telling us spicey juicey tales.

and i also note the paradigm shift.. its no longer about tribal chiefs.. its all about splitting the communities into chieftains then everybody in contention goes in to find out what he can salvage.
thats why every time Kalonzo innocently mentions KKK he's met with opposite but unequal reaction, esp from ODM.
nostoppingthis
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:42:38 AM

From most of the reactions I see written here, most people are implying that RAO should have condoned corruption etc to bag the RV vote and become president...and you wonder why corruption will not cease. As someone put it kwa newpaper juzi, "If you are not corrupt, then you are not following Government of Kenya policy" and nned to step aside :)
McReggae
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:06:00 AM

With this saga,corruption is finally enshrined in the constitution of Kenya. We now need a great composer to add a 4th stanza in the national anthem extolling the virtues of corruption:
ecstacy
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:40:36 AM

It's amazing how some contributors who once referred to the PEV suspects as 'Warriors' in SK are now baying for their blood and clapping for the PM.. Is it justice you want or are you just following RAO?... fake kabisa
muganda
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:30:36 AM

@ecstacy, I've quite some respect for you. But you must answer honsetly, do you really see it as possible for RAO to be your president?

In 2007, both my parents voted for Kibaki, and most close to me really feared that RAO can be their leader. But don't you see this is the problem?
In Rwanda, how can a Tutsi be our leader?
In Germany, how can a German Jew be our leader?
In America, how can a black man be president?
In Ireland, how can a Protestant be president?

When we realise that most men are really not that much better than the next, then none has a greater claim to leadership, and it only boils down to their actions.

And intentions/motives are cryptic like the biblical "wolf in sheep's clothing". So we judge by what they bring forth alone!
McReggae
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:36:04 AM

ecstacy, nyce one,
so long as you dont forget how many among us who called Ruto 'arap milosevic'now see him as the saint and saviour who should take Raila's place!!!!!
FundamentAli
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:06:46 PM

Am trying to put two and two together. Something is not adding up. A report has been released. You want to kill the report. How do you do it? You also know kenyans forget very fast. You also know Kenyans cannot read reports and they concentrate more on the 'Infighting'. See, there is no post on the G4S heist last week although alot of money disappeared. We have all been forced to spectate and give our opinions. I hear Caroli was cleared by PWC!

Take this as a notice to invest without fear. Afterall, I hear Kenya is to host a peace conference soon as per news over lunch hour.
Magigi
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:21:34 PM

...prepare for drama in the coming days. As soon as RAO lands from Japan, he will name a Minister for Agriculture. I cant wait to see two agiculture ministers fighting it off...