wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
animosity towards muslims of somali origin
murenj
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 9:29:01 AM

well well well. it appears that the somalis are replacing the kikuyus to become the next objects of annimosity. for the very first time in kenyan history the civilians joined the kenya police to dissperse rioting muslim youths. the message is clearly written on the wall. enough is enough. perhaps a common stand against the invaders will unite other kenyan tribes, ushering in the new dawn.
aemathenge
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:32:18 PM

I find no reason whatsoever to invoke Tribe when it comes to the issue at hand.

Do not use this thread to indulge in your pathetic inclinations and animosity towards members of any tribe.

murenj
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 11:36:01 AM

ask teacher guka...... he learnt the hard way that harsh words do not break any bones.......if echoing the sentiments of the society make me a tribalist, then I guess I am not alone.
aemathenge
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:02:47 PM

Tribalism exists in every facet of our society. That is life for nobody choose to be borne into any tribe.

Tribalism can be used positively and effectively to develop and grow wealth which we must for the sake of our nation. I give you Somalia.

The author of this thread however practices negative tribalism, nay, tribal hatred.

His/Her vision is the total annihilation of a certain tribe and after that, the next tribe that shall be the object of his/her hatred.

I believe this site has clearly stated its vision and objectives as being the serious growth of wealth.

If you deem it fit not to abide by this vision and objective, then please leave us in peace and patronize sites that conform to your hatred.

Nothing further.
murenj
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:21:21 PM

WEEE MATHENGEE......must you come after my neck just because I have pointed out reality to you? MUNDU WAKWA, NIKI WANIRA?
aemathenge
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:56:53 PM

Define what is reality.

And get your Gikuyu right!

If tribal animosity is reality to you then May the Good Lord have mercy on your miserable soul.
muganda
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 2:37:31 PM

Answer true of false: "I am a tribalist"
If you answered "false," here's an uncomfortable fact: You probably are. Most of us believe that we are ethical and unbiased. We objectively size up a job candidate or venture deals and reach fair and rational conclusions.

But the turth is we harbor many uncouncious-and unethical-biases that derail our decisions. In-group favoritism is granting favours to people with your same background-your nationality, your tribe or alma matter-effectively discriminating against those who are different from you. In-group favoritism is tenancious when membership confers clear advantages, as it does, for instance among whites and other dominant social groups.

[end of quoted text]

Don't get me wrong, my argument is we can make wiser decisions if we all become mindful of our unconcious biases. It seems to me that it's easy to slip into a bias against our muslim or somali brothers; obvious challenges notwithstanding.

murenj
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:43:10 PM

it is laughable that two contributors allege to represent the larger kikuyu community.....ha ha ha haaaa. over sensitive k**ks..... SK ADMN.. kindly delete that post that has the word "stupid" in it for fairness sake.... not that it matters to me, but some sensitive readers may read more tribalism in the matter
wazua
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:26:31 PM

Dear Members,
We request you desist from direct personal attacks towards your fellow members in the community. Much as we appreciate some sentiments are controversial, should you choose to contribute, please engage the issue and not the personality.

Kindly note the following:
-on moderating content, reason for amendment will be shown
-for deleted posts, only posting user is notified with reasons shown

Welcome to Wazua

Ondiek
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:44:13 PM

The fact that members of the public participated in fighting off the demonstrators is an indictment against the police for not taking charge of the situation.Having said that,I believe that the public was reacting against the demonstrators for disturbing the peace over a matter that is quite petty.It had nothing to do with any tribe only that the issue was sparked by SOME muslims.
kenmac
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:08:10 PM

>> babu yangu aliniambia;... Never argue with a ____, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience.... tafakari hayo....am off to fly a kite... he he he he he
......Ecclesiastes
Magigi
#12 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 6:41:18 AM

The recent clash between people (Police and Citizens) against muslims speaks volumes about where the muslim community is placed in Kenya. For the first time citizens supported the police in making it clear to the muslim community that terrorism in the name of religion is and will not be tolerated in Kenya. Anybody who ties bombs around his genitals ready to explode them at 40,000 feet above sea level is nothing but an animal-some animals even behave in a better way... This is the way to go. I am not sure but I am of the opinion that the world will be a better place if all these animals are deface from the surface of the earth. I HATE you that much and have no reservations about it.
Njung'e
#13 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 7:25:02 AM

The AP who was shot by one "peaceful unarmed" protester passed away yesteday of his own wounds.......Good to see though that some muslim brothers have come out strongly against the idiots who are for this Jamaican crap...!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
akowally
#14 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 7:35:32 AM

As we are commenting, let us make sure that we are not breeding hate between the Christians and Muslims. Like it has been well said it is not Islam that is the problem, but RADICAL ISLAM...these are the suicide bombers and all...Hate is what brought us Post Election Violence, and it all starts by whispers against a whole group due to a few individuals...

JOIN MY FREE MINI-COURSE FOR WRITERS. CLICK HERE
Magigi
#15 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 7:54:37 AM

...Is there a muslim who believes that christianity is a religion just like any other... Show me one...
simonkabz
#16 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 8:19:42 AM

The seed of hatred towards muslims was planted on that unfortunate day. How can they xplain their wayward actions to the common mwananchi?? Ugonjwa wa kujitakia....
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Jangwa la Jangili
#17 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 9:13:37 AM

The biggest problem is not radical Islam. No.

The biggest problem is that moderate Islam rarely if ever comes out to condemn the actions of radical Islam. Even when they do, it is lukewarm. In fact, what we initially consider moderate Islam will often surprise us when they come out to defend the rights of radical Islam even when the evidence is overwhelming.

Which then leads to the inevitable conclusion that moderate Islam and radical Islam share the same ideology; just that radical Islam is a little more sincere about it.

Seriously, the good Muslims need to come out a little more strongly and consistently to condemn their evil twin.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Gordon Gekko
#18 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 9:39:05 AM

Speech originally given by John Howard, but commonly (and mistakenly attributed to Kevin Rudd):

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Now, replace to word Australia with Kenya....
Njung'e
#19 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 9:55:23 AM

Speech originally written by Gordon Gekko, but commonly (and mistakenly attributed to Njung'e...smile ):

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT KENYANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on US Embassy and Kikambala , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Kenyans. '

'This culture has been developed over 40 years of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly KISWAHILI,not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian.Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Almost all Kenyans believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider any other non-christian country your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Kenyan freedom, 'POTEA..!!...Kwani Uta-do??'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

.....I wish i could print this and pin it in all mosque entrances.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ngalaka
#20 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 10:43:39 AM

This is one community that is very difficult to deal with.

These so called Muslim leaders who are now making noise after the damage is done should have been proactive enough to discourage their subjects from holding the demo in the first place.

They remained conveniently quiet while Kanjwang was struggling to rid us of this Faisal guy.

@Ondiek

Give the police a breather for once. When they engage Rioters/demonstarors, we we brand them brutal bla bla.
Then we ask them to go slow, and when they do we accuse of doing nothing!
Which way.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu