wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Agip Gas
MaichBlack
#1 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:01:40 PM

I have an old 15kg Agip Gas cylinder. After a long period out of circulation I have decided to start using it again. Supermarkets will not touch it. I was advised to go to a Shell petrol station because they are the ones who acquired Agip but when I got to one, I was given a long story.

Apparently they gave a three year period for people to exchange the cylinders, then they started charging some fee for the exchange and now they no longer accept the cylinders!!!

Any wazuans who knows how I can change the cylinder. There some wazauns who were discussing the business sometime back so I'm sure I will get the actionable info.

Thank you.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Impunity
#2 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:25:08 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
I have an old 15kg Agip Gas cylinder. After a long period out of circulation I have decided to start using it again. Supermarkets will not touch it. I was advised to go to a Shell petrol station because they are the ones who acquired Agip but when I got to one, I was given a long story.

Apparently they gave a three year period for people to exchange the cylinders, then they started charging some fee for the exchange and now they no longer accept the cylinders!!!

Any wazuans who knows how I can change the cylinder. There some wazauns who were discussing the business sometime back so I'm sure I will get the actionable info.

Thank you.

What cylinder are you currently using?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

MaichBlack
#3 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:25:47 PM

And Shell's website http://www.shell.com/glo...tact/contact-kenya.html lists two email addresses - shellkenya@ksl.shell.com and csc@ksl.shell.com - that don't work. Email bounces back!!! And on calling, the phone is picked by someone with no info. who quickly switches to Swahili to try and explain herself and the lack of info. thereof.

Who runs a company like this??? They surely need to style up!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Impunity
#4 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:28:30 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
And Shell's website http://www.shell.com/glo...tact/contact-kenya.html lists two email addresses - shellkenya@ksl.shell.com and csc@ksl.shell.com - that don't work. Email bounces back!!! And on calling, the phone is picked by someone with no info. who quickly switches to Swahili to try and explain herself and the lack of info. thereof.

Who runs a company like this??? They surely need to style up!!!

Are you currently using gas for cooking?
Answer my questions if you need help!

MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:28:32 PM

Impunity wrote:

I have other cylinders which I freely interchange from one to the other - Total to K-Gas to Afrigas etc.

The one I'm talking about is a 15kg Agip gas cylinder that has been idle for quite a while.
MaichBlack
#6 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:32:57 PM

Someone tells me there are authorized companies that do "revalidation". The cylinder is cut and redone to current specifications. Who knows where I can get this done and the cost? Contacts will also be very helpful.
Impunity
#7 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:46:49 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:

I have other cylinders which I freely interchange from one to the other - Total to K-Gas to Afrigas etc.

The one I'm talking about is a 15kg Agip gas cylinder that has been idle for quite a while.

A gas cylinder cost around Kes. 3,000.
You have other cylinders you are currently using freely.
And you dont need to stock gas cylinders awaiting usage.
You want to cut the Agip cylinder, weld it, then fix the standard nozzle on it.

WHY GO ALL THESE FAR FOR JUST 3K?
PLEASE SELL THE CYLINDER TO SCRAP METAL DEALERS AND MOVE ON!
HATA KAMA NI SENTIMENTAL VALUE, THIS IS TOO MEAN!
!

Shame on you Shame on you

chevapravatdumrong
#8 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:49:44 PM

Mumbu Scrap Metal Dealers
Scrap Metals Dealers
Popo Rd, Nairobi
P.O.Box: 72164-00200 City Square
Tel: +254-206761611

Dama Scrap Metal Dealers
Scrap Metals Dealers
Kombo Munyiri Rd, Nairobi
P.O.Box: 69451-00400 Tom Mboya St
Tel: +254-206762586
Mobile: 0722387824

Equator Scrap Metal Dealers
Scrap Metals Dealers
Nairobi
P.O.Box: 23009-00604 Lower Kabete
Tel: +254-20554224

Roma Scrap Metal Dealers
Scrap Metals Dealers
Roma Scrap Metal (Bldg 12), Addis Ababa Rd, off Enterprise RdLandimawe
P.O.Box: 17889-00500 Enterprise Rd
Tel: +254-206824056
Mobile: 0722513663
You find me offensive? I find you offensive for finding me offensive
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:52:25 PM

chevapravatdumrong wrote:
Scrap Metals Dealers
Popo Rd, Nairobi

Dama Scrap Metal Dealers
Scrap Metals Dealers

Scrap Metals Dealers
Nairobi

Roma Scrap Metal Dealers
Scrap Metals Dealers

To sell the cylinder to them as scrap or to re-validate?
MaichBlack
#10 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 2:55:47 PM

Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:

!

Kuws mpole @Impunity. As of this morning, I thought I would just walk into a supermarket/petrol station with my Agip gas cylinder and walk out with a cylinder of my choice with gas. The issue of revalidation I was told after starting this thead

and finally, A 13kg cylinder does not go for 3,000/= unless you've been buying stolen ones enroute to Southern Sudan. For information sake, tell me a GENUINE outlet I can buy a 13kg cylinder for 3,000/= and you can have my 15kg Agip gas cylinder for free!!!
Siringi
#11 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 3:00:00 PM

Aisee are you related to Imran Sumra? Your knowledge of scrap metal is very yellow pagesSad d'oh!

na hiyo handle yako jo ilichomelewa no?

chevapravatdumrong wrote:
Scrap Metals Dealers
Popo Rd, Nairobi

Dama Scrap Metal Dealers
Scrap Metals Dealers

Scrap Metals Dealers
Nairobi

Roma Scrap Metal Dealers
Scrap Metals Dealers

"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Impunity
#12 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 4:04:33 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:

!

Kuws mpole @Impunity. As of this morning, I thought I would just walk into a supermarket/petrol station with my Agip gas cylinder and walk out with a cylinder of my choice with gas. The issue of revalidation I was told after starting this thead

and finally, A 13kg cylinder does not go for 3,000/= unless you've been buying stolen ones enroute to Southern Sudan. For information sake, tell me a GENUINE outlet I can buy a 13kg cylinder for 3,000/= and you can have my 15kg Agip gas cylinder for free!!!

Even if its 5K per new cylinder you cant spare that amount?
Suppose you sell the Agip cylinder at Kes. 1,500 scrap/or at Shauri moyo for making chapati pans you still cant spend Kes. 3,500?

Everyday yo carry 13kg of weight in your car boot looking for a dealer to accept your cylinder...SURELY!
Sad Sad Sad

MaichBlack
#13 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 4:40:27 PM

Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:

!

Suppose you sell the Agip cylinder at Kes. 1,500 scrap/or at Shauri moyo for making chapati pans you still cant spend Kes. 3,500?

Everyday yo carry 13kg of weight in your car boot looking for a dealer to accept your cylinder...SURELY!
Sad Sad Sad

What the hell do you smoke @Impunity? You must have had a very rough childhood!!! How many times do you want me to tell you this is something for today?? Get some counselling or something! And feel free to ignore my threads. Nothing you say is ever useful! Just juvenile yapping!!
Impunity
#14 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 4:51:39 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:

!

Sad Sad Sad

What the hell do you smoke @Impunity? You must have had a very rough childhood!!! How many times do you want me to tell you this is something for today?? Get some counselling or something! And feel free to ignore my threads. Nothing you say is ever useful! Just juvenile yapping!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Desperation nayo.
Scrap the cylinder and save yourself useless stress!

danas10
#15 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 5:38:58 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

Thank you.

Try green energy guys...I bought their gas last year and they took my old 15kg afrigas cylinder in exchange for their 13kg cylinder. Their prices were even better at the time. But i dont know if they still take other cylinders now.
MaichBlack
#16 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 6:17:15 PM

danas10 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Thank you.

Try green energy guys...I bought their gas last year and they took my old 15kg afrigas cylinder in exchange for their 13kg cylinder. Their prices were even better at the time. But i dont know if they still take other cylinders now.

Thanks. Where do I find this guys? And is their cylinder exchangeable with cylinders from other companies like K-Gas etc. or I'll be stuck with their cylinder?
danas10
#17 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 6:46:52 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
danas10 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Thank you.

Thanks. Where do I find this guys? And is their cylinder exchangeable with cylinders from other companies like K-Gas etc. or I'll be stuck with their cylinder?

here is what google gave me on their policy on cylinder exchange smile
http://www.greenenergy.c...amp;id=19&Itemid=32

the person i talked to last time gave me similar info. The best i can tell you is to get in touch with them and ask any questions you may have.

and their contacts (also from google smile

Get in touch
+254 053 8002291
+254 020 2047973
info@greenenergy.co.ke

If the above does not help, i know someone there but try the above first.

disclaimer: i do not work here neither am i an affiliate nor do i share in their profits/interests whatsoever. any damages arising thereof cannot be attributed to me. smile
King G
#18 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 8:05:40 PM

danas10 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
danas10 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Thank you.

here is what google gave me on their policy on cylinder exchange smile
http://www.greenenergy.c...amp;id=19&Itemid=32

the person i talked to last time gave me similar info. The best i can tell you is to get in touch with them and ask any questions you may have.

and their contacts (also from google smile

Get in touch
+254 053 8002291
+254 020 2047973
info@greenenergy.co.ke

If the above does not help, i know someone there but try the above first.

disclaimer: i do not work here neither am i an affiliate nor do i share in their profits/interests whatsoever. any damages arising thereof cannot be attributed to me. smile

Now this is wazua sharing information, not laughing at others .....
Thieves
Am
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:03:37 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:

!

Sad Sad Sad

@Maichblack.

Pole Bro. I do not believe though that you will Succeed in swapping your Cylinder as all Cylinders were standardized (to 6, 13 and 50 kilo) few years ago. I Know that there are a few Jua Kali Guys who still do revalidation but again the Cylinder is never the same and I would not recommend you use afterwards. If you Insist I can try get you a Contact but I do not think it is worth it. Just accept.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
Am
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:07:54 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
danas10 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Thank you.

They were doing that as they were new entrants in what is regarded by ERC as a "pool". Problem is that you will show up with their Cylinder at a TOTAL or KENOL and they will refuse to Pick the Green cylinder. Gas Business is Murky, and the big boys Monopolistic. those who are in it know what I am talking about.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..