wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
ocampo is on k24 - the bench
vinii
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 8:06:04 PM

airing now
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
vinii
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 8:18:15 PM

....according to LMO, their is alot that the 3 witnesses said in the statements which is not known to the public...
Lolest!
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:33:28 PM

He sounds confident but not convincing. Maybe his witnesses will assist him
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Frangipani
#4 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 10:56:06 AM

Fortunately, the ruling will be based on more that mere courtroom theatrics and showmanship by the defence teams. Let us not rule Ocampo out! And let us also not forget that he's on the right side of history.
masukuma
#5 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 12:19:36 PM

Frangipani wrote:
Fortunately, the ruling will be based on more that mere courtroom theatrics and showmanship by the defence teams. Let us not rule Ocampo out! And let us also not forget that he's on the right side of history.

who determines this? is this the same side of history that has Raila being the greatest beneficiary of the violence gets out smelling like a rose.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
madollar
#6 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 12:26:36 PM

what stood for me how he was worried about riftvalley mentioning ruto when decision is made it seems first case is already sealed going by his words
masukuma
#7 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 12:55:36 PM

if you listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm8tyC5gKAI, you can see he is not very sure on some cases! hii mambo ya kuweka 'common plan' in everything.
YesuWangu
#8 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 1:56:41 PM

madollar wrote:
what stood for me how he was worried about riftvalley mentioning ruto when decision is made it seems first case is already sealed going by his words

He appeared well versed with the current situation in the Rift Valley.

I can only infer that his, and their questions, that at times were ridiculed as 'not-adequately-aware-of-how-Kenya-is' were intentional, a diversion maybe.

His love for and attachment to Ruto was unmistakable nonetheless.
masukuma
#9 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:10:44 PM

YesuWangu wrote:
madollar wrote:

I can only infer that his, and their questions, that at times were ridiculed as 'not-adequately-aware-of-how-Kenya-is' were intentional, a diversion maybe.

He acknowledges that the second case is complex as It was a retaliation case. However he seemed to be asking Uhuru to dispute his "theory" - its like you are guilty unless you are proven innocent ...prove yourself innocent...no that's not how things work!
YesuWangu
#10 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:30:06 PM

Masukuma, but I think the same cycle is going to happen again. This time, he has accused Uhuru and Uhuru has to engage in some sort of retaliation again.

If Ocampo proves his 'theory' and Uhuru does not retaliate adequately, then Uhurus' decimation by Ocampo is as sure as the sun will set this evening.

So in a way, yes, the innocent-until-proven-guilty cliche may just be on paper. The opposite may be the shocking reality.

Euge
#11 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:36:14 PM

masukuma wrote:
YesuWangu wrote:
madollar wrote:

He acknowledges that the second case is complex as It was a retaliation case. However he seemed to be asking Uhuru to dispute his "theory" - its like you are guilty unless you are proven innocent ...prove yourself innocent...no that's not how things work!

Jeff was pushing him hard regarding Uhuru who is his employer anyway. I guess he was reacting to the push
Lord, thank you!
#12 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:43:21 PM

This is probably Ocampo's last case at the Hague as he's retiring soon. I don't know what you think but I think but he looks to me like a man who won't leave just like that. We know serious atrocities were committed and people want closure so expect some of these guys to go down!

BBI will solve it
:)
Euge
#13 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:50:16 PM

madollar wrote:

I got the same impression
Lord, thank you!
McReggae
#14 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 3:18:49 PM

Just watched it, the guy aint as an empty head as others would like to believe!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
masukuma
#15 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 3:59:58 PM

McReggae wrote:
Just watched it, the guy aint as an empty head as others would like to believe!!!!

I guess Kenyans always "read between the lines"...sometimes this reading between the lines makes people read none existent things. I remember that before 2005, people thought that Kibaki was a silent but calculating fellow! like a chess player who gives you something kumbe he has a hidden agenda. Kumbe! We Kenyans try to read stuff that is imaginary, perhaps due to our literature classes. We chambuad the "dark ominous cloud" in the short story 'do you know anybody' to mean that the writer was imagery to mean that death was to occur - who knows? perhaps he did not! he just wanted to say it was about to rain.

LMO is not from Kenya, he has consistently not said anything new - he has just voiced the KNHRC report! the only new thing is that he has added 'common plan' to each claim.
vinii
#16 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 5:00:14 PM

...wonder why cheff was insisting that ocampo 'had the right case but the wrong suspects'....
kyt
#17 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 5:15:32 PM

he is employed by uhuru remember?
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
masukuma
#18 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 5:55:58 PM

I guess anyone who has any sort of balanced look at matters could see the 'the right case but the wrong suspects' theme coming out during the trials.
Ocampo seems to have extracted information from dubious sources its like using Phillip Ochieng's, Kwendo Opanga or Professor Mutua's writings to crucify someone. Ati Kwendo Opanga wrote - "xyz, Why did he write that?" Best answer is - ULIZA OPANGA!
Frangipani
#19 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 8:32:57 PM

Methinks Joinange is part of Uhuru's legal strategy, hence his insistence that its the right case but the wrong suspects. Remember, "He who pays the piper call the tune?"
masukuma
#20 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 9:00:52 PM

Frangipani wrote:
Methinks Joinange is part of Uhuru's legal strategy, hence his insistence that its the right case but the wrong suspects. Remember, "He who pays the piper call the tune?"

yet again reading too much where there is none. Can u listen to his first interview! he was just as expectant as you are. but anyone with a fair amount of objectivity can see that while Okampo means well - his case is weak, he does not know what he is talking about...Statehouse controller taking instructions from Muthaura? 100 million shillings in cash, Local government ministry controlling police? its like he is groping in the dark!