wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Raila: I killed one person not two
mulwakizito
#1 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 11:29:51 AM

Imagine the absurdity of a defendant asking a judge to dismiss a criminal proceeding against him because he only killed one person instead of the two that he had been accused of. The judge would add contempt of the court and the criminal justice system on the already damning charge of first degree murder that the defendant has already confessed to.

The principle that makes it immoral to spend Ksh 602,000 a night on a hotel suit still holds in the case of spending Ksh 137,000 on the same. It does not make it better that a smaller amount of tax-payers money was wasted on frivolous pursuits than the earlier stated amount. Ksh 602,000 is enough to feed about 50,680 IDPs with plain ugali in a single sitting and the fact that only Ksh 137,000 was spent by the Prime Minister a night only implies that only 11,176 could have been fed.

A 2kg packet of Ndovu maize meal retails at Ksh 98 at the Uchumi supermarkets. This means that Ksh 137,000 would buy 1,397 2 kg packets of this maize meal. Assuming a single person consumes a 1/4 Kg of ugali this means that 11,176 mouths could have been fed with plain ugali as indicated earlier. Multiply this over a number of about 10 days and you get just how immoral spending this money on a mattress, a pillow, two sheets and maybe a blanket is. This doesn’t even incorporate the money spent by the aides and hang-ons.

It’s actually worse now since the statement by the Prime Minister’s office is actual evidence of the claims of over-spending which prior to this were just allegations. A person interested in the pursuit of truth and not just petty politics would have held his horses at the first mention of this matter by Cherangany MP Kutuny since his move could just as well have been one motivated by the witch hunting practices of our politicians.

But now that the Prime Minister’s office has issued these statements it is actually clear that questions must be raised. If added up over the period in which the Prime Minister and his team was abroad, the money spent by the tax-payers to fulfill the whims and fancies of the Prime Minister would easily run into the 7 figures realm.

All this while the country is running out of money to deal with the multitude of issues facing her. IDPs, drought, incursions into our borders, systemic corruption and on and on the list goes.
Wendz
#2 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 12:25:50 PM

aarrgggh! moving on!
McReggae
#3 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 12:31:07 PM

Wendz wrote:
aarrgggh! moving on!

@wendz, I get you, hii ndio shida ya kukaa bundus na river road, a mere mortal like me paid 40K for a standard room on hotel protea lagos, wat watembee wachanuke!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
sanity
#4 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 12:33:29 PM

mulwakizito wrote:

Fr Kizito...I can see you are now in Wazua.why are you trying to divert our attention from your sins!!I also wonder how you managed to get internet kwa police cells..but again these things can easily be smuggled using the ******e!!
Hope is not a strategy
hoodrat
#5 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 12:49:59 PM

sanity wrote:
mulwakizito wrote:

Fr Kizito...I can see you are now in Wazua.why are you trying to divert our attention from your sins!!I also wonder how you managed to get internet kwa police cells..but again these things can easily be smuggled using the ******e!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Insanity!!
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today!
gadj
#6 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 1:11:18 PM

@ Mulwa why haven't u not calculated what Kalonzo your tribesman spent on rescuing the Ocampo 6.
Elder
#7 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 1:23:34 PM

sanity wrote:
mulwakizito wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly This has really killed me! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Forester
#8 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 1:27:39 PM

Elder wrote:
sanity wrote:
mulwakizito wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly This has really killed me! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Me too Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Lolest!
#9 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 1:55:35 PM

My biggest beef with this argument is the fact that it emanates mainly from kenyans trait of complaining about everything. They were even complaining about yesterdays prayer breakfast. If I may ask, how much should he have spent per day?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
vinii
#10 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 2:05:03 PM

sanity wrote:
mulwakizito wrote:

alah, kumbe kizito is here,,, i wonder what phone he smuggled to the cells ...eeeeerrrrrrhhhhh...whatever the make, it must have been a painful experience...
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
simonkabz
#11 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 2:15:55 PM

@vinii, I have seen larger FLOATERS that just dnt flash away.....Larger than two 3310's. Scary I tell u, I just sympathise with the former owners.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
ojwangtheo
#12 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 2:29:35 PM

Lolest! wrote:
My biggest beef with this argument is the fact that it emanates mainly from kenyans trait of complaining about everything. They were even complaining about yesterdays prayer breakfast. If I may ask, how much should he have spent per day?

This is not about how much he spent, it's about the immorality of spending such an amount when back at home Orengo is saying there is no money to settle IDPs.

Infact if it were possible I would stop the whole of government for just one day and the savings from the fuel that the government uses in its cars in a single day and the electric bills of all government offices in that particular day is enough to settle all IDPs and all squatters in Kenya. Heck, it's even enough to buy land and give to anyone else who wants. I would even give land to foreigners just to prove my point.
dossy7
#13 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 2:31:15 PM

Remove the speck in ur eyes before u look at the log in ur neighbors eye.ABK
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
nostoppingthis
#14 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 2:40:48 PM

as said above, guys please tour the world and see hotel rates!! It is crazy....Nigeria has such figures for their hotels, especially the presidential suit....and for a dignitary being in the presidential suit, that amount may actually be justified.
Querry
#15 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 9:36:54 AM

vinii wrote:
sanity wrote:
mulwakizito wrote:

alah, kumbe kizito is here,,, i wonder what phone he smuggled to the cells ...eeeeerrrrrrhhhhh...whatever the make, it must have been a painful experience...

not very painful..he is used to the boot anyway.
Impunity
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:17:03 PM

The headline of this thread read RAO killed one person,this is a serious allegation and I dont know why nobody,even admin, has raised a finger...I know it would be a different story were the heading read like Kibaki did...!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Lolest!
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:35:16 PM

Impunity wrote:
The headline of this thread read RAO killed one person,this is a serious allegation and I dont know why nobody,even admin, has raised a finger...I know it would be a different story were the heading read like Kibaki did...!

I get what youre saying but we thought its metaphorically speaking. However if u do news in a big media hse-not Payuka monthly gutter, u shouldnt post such a headline.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
mukiha
#18 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 9:53:05 AM

ojwangtheo wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

This is not about how much he spent, it's about the immorality of spending such an amount when back at home Orengo is saying there is no money to settle IDPs.

Infact if it were possible I would stop the whole of government for just one day and the savings from the fuel that the government uses in its cars in a single day and the electric bills of all government offices in that particular day is enough to settle all IDPs and all squatters in Kenya. Heck, it's even enough to buy land and give to anyone else who wants. I would even give land to foreigners just to prove my point.

What is this obsession we have with IDPs? Are they the most pressing problem facing this nation?
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
bwenyenye
#19 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 12:25:09 PM

mukiha wrote:
ojwangtheo wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

What is this obsession we have with IDPs? Are they the most pressing problem facing this nation?

@Mukiha,

Hapo umenena! Kila saa IDP this IDP that. The facts are clear that most of the guys who had land actually went back to it or sold and bought elsewhere. So the guys who are left are mostly fellows who rented in those areas prior to the PEV. I still do not undertand why I need to buy them land on my taxes! They should go back and rent just like they were before otherwise guys will always create those scenarios every election year to get land.
I Think Therefore I Am
#20 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 12:34:41 PM

Surely do you guys want our PM to spend in a lodging?
I'm not an ODM supporter but You cannot book anything other than the presidential suite for a PM.
So my friends, tuwacheni aibu ndogo ndogo.

BBI will solve it
:)