wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
No Siasa week
newfarer
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:41:39 AM

Wazuans , can we give politics in this forum a blackout for a full week from say Monday 18 to Monday 26 April 2011.We discuss issues like Economy , health , easter get away, airports , aeroplanes stocks property etc but avoid the politics section just for one week?
Anybody who starts a thread on politics we refuse to reply to it no matter how burning or provoking it is ?
We make the politcians feel very important

With support ,I volunteer to start the political fast on Monday 18th April 2011 and open the fast on 26th april 2011.

punda amecheka
Lolest!
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:53:24 AM

No way. We should then hav a no-landings week. I hate such threads.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Njung'e
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:21:58 AM

@Newfarer,
I am with you.I promise myself not to post or comment on any of our jiga politicians from now til after elections.I realise they are not worth my time.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Magigi
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:26:27 AM

newfarer
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:27:11 AM

No Njung'e not till erections .We are opinion setters.we have a duty to enlighten Kenyans including not so few Wazuans, if we keep quiet we will have conspired with the dirty politicians..

I'm asking for only one week.

and after that we continue with mature discussion on the future of this country.
Guka Please if you say its till after the 2012 erections ,in protest, I will delete this thread.Your input is much required.
punda amecheka
MaichBlack
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:36:26 AM

newfarer wrote:
Wazuans , can we give politics in this forum a blackout for a full week from say Monday 18 to Monday 26 April 2011.We discuss issues like Economy , health , easter get away, airports , aeroplanes stocks property etc but avoid the politics section just for one week?
Anybody who starts a thread on politics we refuse to reply to it no matter how burning or provoking it is ?

With support ,I volunteer to start the political fast on Monday 18th April 2011 and open the fast on 26th april 2011.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

I am with you on this 248%. But a week is too short. How about we do a month?

It will be a piece of cake for me coz I decided long time ago to keep off those politics threads. They add absolutely no value to my life.

The whole of this year I have probably made less than 5 comments on political threads. And even then, it's on threads like "Gbagbo Nabbed" etc. None of that Raila-Ruto-Uhuru threads. At times I log in and see up to three or four active Raila threads and I'm just perplexed.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
ecstacy
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:49:23 AM

What do you seek to achieve by this? Politicians don't read Wazua.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

As a taxpayer and patriot, I am determined to see the potential of this nation unleashed. This will not happen with me burying my head in the sand or calling for a truce when my man is on the ropes.

Kibaki's tenure in 10years will have accomplished more than Moi's 24 years. The country deserves an even better leader. In slightly over an year, Kenya decides, based on what? Let wazua remain interrogative.
McReggae
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:51:34 AM

This I support....!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
newfarer
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:55:37 AM

ecstacy wrote:
What do you achieve by this? Politicians don't read Wazua.

Agreed, but they watch the News on our TVs and read the papers.

The kenyan media borrow alot from Wazua if you never knew.
Like below was the picture of the moment on NTV last night.

Surealligator posted it yesterday

http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...2036&p=2#post166926

Isnt this influence?

Dont forget that 'Star'published muliro garden sex pictures , after 'User'/'impunity' had given us a link.
punda amecheka
ecstacy
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:02:40 PM

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

As a taxpayer and patriot, I am determined to see the potential of this nation unleashed. This will not happen with me burying my head in the sand or calling for a truce when my man is on the ropes.

Kibaki's tenure in 10years will have accomplished more than Moi's 24 years. The country deserves an even better leader. In slightly over an year, Kenya decides, based on what? My friend, let wazua remain interrogative.
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:14:05 PM

Politicians are our employees. They are our business. Would you give your employees a black out and pay them at the end of the month? I doubt. My advice is keep watching them make fools of themselves and get rid of the stupidest (90% so far). If you don't watch this guys they will rob us of everything we own!

BBI will solve it
:)
MaichBlack
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:15:23 PM

ecstacy wrote:

You seriously believe this? Shrewd politicians keep their ears 'on the ground'. Wazua is one such 'ground'.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
ecstacy
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:23:05 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
ecstacy wrote:

You seriously believe this? Shrewd politicians keep their ears 'on the ground'. Wazua is one such 'ground'.

I find this statement "We make the politcians feel very important" an exaggeration of the impact Wazua has on "the politicians".

Unfortunately, Kenyan politics is about personalities not principles. In this event the former dictate the agenda, masses follow. Hence, any interrogation will delve into these personalities - what they do, say and plan for. To attain the reality of a better Kenya we have no choice but interrogate these persons and hopefully elect one who via self-sacrifice in interests, work from within the system and allow systems take center stage not personality.
newfarer
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:24:03 PM

ecstacy wrote:
What do you seek to achieve by this?

If you remove focus from politicians , they have have nothing to say since no one is listening , then we can focus on development issues .This is what can add sufurias in our kitchens.

Tell me how will going to Uhuru park in solidarity with suspects of crime against humanity add any plate in my kitchen? Suppose they went to Uhuru park and found no one waiting for them ? do you think they would repeat it again?
This diversion of focus from politicking day and night is what I want to achieve.

We need to start focusing on(development) issues

punda amecheka
Njung'e
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:27:14 PM

@newfarer,
Unfortunately,my mind is made up.I do not have a problem engaging leaders/Kenyans,who in my opinion,have the interest of this country at heart....what i do not wish to do,is give my time to idiots who've made us fight,are corrupt and they roam this country as if it belonged to their mothers...I won't until after elections and trust me to keep my word.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
sanity
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:34:54 PM

Politics like religion is the opium of the masses.how do we change our politics if we dont discuss them.we should promote mature and progressive politics.and again wazua site has several sections.politics is a small section.lets just make it healthy.
Hope is not a strategy
MaichBlack
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:41:29 PM

ecstacy wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
ecstacy wrote:

I find this statement "We make the politcians feel very important" an exaggeration of the impact Wazua has on "the politicians".

Unfortunately, Kenyan politics is about personalities not principles. In this event the former dictate the agenda, masses follow.

I believe by "we" @newfarer meant all of us as a people not wazuans. I totally agree with that.

If politicians told "us" to kill one another and "we" ignored them, they come back from the Hague and "we" don't go to welcome them nor attend their "prayer meeting" at Uhuru Park, they call a political meeting to peddle their nonsense and "we" don't go, they say "our people are being finished" and "we" ignore them etc. we would have made such a big change in/to our country the only way would be up!
ecstacy
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:47:42 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
ecstacy wrote:

Unfortunately, Kenyan politics is about personalities not principles. In this event the former dictate the agenda, masses follow.

I believe by "we" @newfarer meant all of us as a people not wazuans. I totally agree with that.

@MaichBlack, pls re-read and understanstand the post description
"Wazuans , can we give politics in this forum a blackout for a full week from say Monday 18 to Monday 26 April 2011.We discuss issues like Economy , health , easter get away, airports , aeroplanes stocks property etc but avoid the politics section just for one week?

With support ,I volunteer to start the political fast on Monday 18th April 2011 and open the fast on 26th april 2011. "
ecstacy
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:52:45 PM

Anyway, in a foreign investor dominated NSE, ignore political risk at your own peril. They don't.
Ja-Kom
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:54:15 PM

In the meantime,this should help......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6kGJgmzq14&feature.
May God's Grace be sufficient as always.
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. Romans 5:19