wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
sudan, sudan ,sudan..arggggggggghhhh!
marex
#1 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 2:51:38 PM

You would think southern Sudan is the 48th county of Kenya given the way local media stations are competing with each other to cover the plebiscite. dedicating 20 minutes every evening to souther sudan as if there are no issues happening in this country. I wonder whether Sudanese stations covered our referendum as much as we are covering theirs. I understand that kenya has immense interest in souther sudan but this is too much. I will watch news after this sudan nonsense dies!!
The way I am
selah
#2 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:16:45 PM

This sudan thing will affect us no matter how it goes so I don't see anything wrong with us covering something Kenya has been part of for years.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Impunity
#3 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:34:27 PM

I appreciate the way NTV covers the stuff, so resoueceful and informative.
KUDOS!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

#4 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:13:40 PM

marex wrote:
You would think southern Sudan is the 48th county of Kenya

Guess what? It actually is.

BBI will solve it
:)
TAZ
#5 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:24:46 PM

Same thing we did with Somali....wamekataa kwenda kwao even their President
MaichBlack
#6 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:33:48 PM

2012 wrote:
marex wrote:
You would think southern Sudan is the 48th county of Kenya

Guess what? It actually is.

I totally agree. There even Kenyans who are planning to start doing business in Southern Sudan and they are actually using this coverage as a preliminary study. This is probably the cheapest source of [researched] information they have.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#7 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:37:56 PM

TAZ wrote:

Big difference!!! Somalis are doing big business in Kenya - both legal and illegal. Why would they want to leave? Sudanese on the other hand rarely have jobs or run any businesses. They have nothing to make them stay in Kenya if there is peace and opportunities in their country.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
bendi3
#8 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:54:53 PM

BTW does any one know where they get that tweng? Some of them cannot even construct proper sentences but they can tweng on a mixture of misplaced words.
The early worm, is the one caught by the early bird.........
#9 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 4:57:39 PM

TAZ wrote:

S. Sudan is a virgin gold mine! The reality is Kenya gave them refuge in time of war and most importantly education. Majority of the Sudanese who will run SS are Kenyan trained and will most likely use Kenyan systems so it will be easy for Kenyans to mingle. I can bet you we will run the medical, financial and IT sectors there. That's like owning the govt. to put it bluntly.

BBI will solve it
:)
TAZ
#10 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:05:28 PM

2012 wrote:
TAZ wrote:

S. Sudan is a virgin gold mine! The reality is Kenya gave them refuge in time of war and most importantly education. Majority of the Sudanese who will run SS are Kenyan trained and will most likely use Kenyan systems so it will be easy for Kenyans to mingle. I can bet you we will run the medical, financial and IT sectors there. That's like owning the govt. to put it bluntly.

These guys are known to be quite violent, lets hope they won't start complaining about Kenyans taking over in their country because i know there are so many opportunities to be exploited in S. Sudan.
Kaigangio
#11 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:14:24 PM

the fact that the SSese are laughing with you does not mean that they like you...ask those who have been in SS before and came back...

the SSese are very conservative fellows with extreme kenyanphobia...TZans and Ugans are more acceptable in SS.
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Intelligentsia
#12 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:31:08 PM

Kaigangio wrote:

the fact that the SSese are laughing with you does not mean that they like you...ask those who have been in SS before and came back...

the SSese are very conservative fellows with extreme kenyanphobia...TZans and Ugans are more acceptable in SS.

iko wandugu TZns SS? surprise surprise!
True SSse don't like kenyans and ugandan that much - maybe because of their hardwork ethic and pure resentment for economic reasons.
yet there are over 70,000 kenyans in SS....
talk of a Tom & Jerry kind of love.
MaichBlack
#13 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:36:40 PM

TAZ wrote:
These guys are known to be quite violent, lets hope they won't start complaining about Kenyans taking over in their country because i know there are so many opportunities to be exploited in S. Sudan.

They don't have to love us. Just keep violence on the down low. We can be like Kenyans and Asians [specifically wahindi]. No much love but biashara ni biashara.
Foreman
#14 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 6:48:37 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
TAZ wrote:

They don't have to love us. Just keep violence on the down low. We can be like Kenyans and Asians [specifically wahindi]. No much love but biashara ni biashara.

@ Maich , Very helpful analogy right thereApplause
kadonye
#15 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 9:18:27 PM

@marex,sielewi the problem. Sudan really affects kenya economically and on security.imagine if there was peace in somalia.Also media covers elections whose results have no direct impact on most ordinary kenyans.e.g US polls
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Sober
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:22:35 AM

what are the requirements for one to vie there, i am really considering relocating to sudan county and become a senator, or a governor.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Sober
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:25:34 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12141520

sudan is going to lose the tittle of being the biggest country in Africa.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Um Sayala
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 1:18:37 PM

Kaigangio wrote:

I beg to differ. SSees( and sudaneese as a whole) really love Kenyans,call Nairobi the 'London of africa'. I have worked in sudan from SS to Darfur, an this I know for a fact.

But we have to agree that the SS are a pple who have worked, lived and eaten violence for over two decades. That usually affects a society and unwinding it might take some time. we only need to be patient with them and theyll be more civil.BTW the violence is never directed to anybody by virtue of being Kenyan,its to evrybody who crosses their paths, even the locals. It is a way of expression
"Peace is our profession, War is our business" ...Unknown
Ms Mkenya
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 09, 2011 7:30:55 PM

I agree with Um, these guys are not hostile to kenyans per se but yes they're mad at previous injustices. Havin encountered tz and ss i still think these guys are friendlier. In Tz u're clearly a kenyan but in ss you are one of them, esp if you take time and interact with them.
One needs to understand that in general the level of education amongst th Ssudanese is pretty low generally. A bachelors degree is what a masters is here.
Why should kenya be bothered, we do lots of business there and right now w
....above all, to stand.
Ms Mkenya
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 09, 2011 7:43:31 PM

And hence right now we're best placed to help build the country which is =economic progress.
Sorry don know why my text was not completed in one post.
....above all, to stand.