wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

TELE-TEXT on KBC TV
mukiha
#1 Posted : Monday, August 09, 2010 11:37:03 AM

As you now know; I recently acquired a new LCD TV [http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&m=97603&#post97603]

I was flipping through the buttons on the remote, and landed on one labeled "TEXT". By coincidence, I was watching KBC at the time and when I pressed the TEXT button, it opened Tele-Text features...

I tried this on all other channels but, wapi? None have the service!

Way to go, KBC: Though I recall using the feature during my university days in the UK in the mid- to late 1980s!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
sky5
#2 Posted : Monday, August 09, 2010 11:44:37 AM

I think it's only KBC who have digital broadcast signal and that's why the tele-text service is available on their channel.

But when Kenya switched to digital broadcasts, the service will be available on other channels.
mukiha
#3 Posted : Monday, August 09, 2010 12:26:51 PM

Actually; all local channels are transmitting digital broadcasts using the KBC backbone. Once you get the SetTopBox, you will be able to view all channels via digital
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Digitali
#4 Posted : Monday, August 09, 2010 1:10:15 PM

@mukiha. you're right all the Tv stations are trnsmitting in Digital using Signet a subsidiary of KBC's platform. there are many functionalities which will come in once the platform is fully operational. What guys are ejoying now is just the Tv clarity but soon there will be alot of interactivity with your Tv using the remote control. What one needs to be careful is the features embbeded on a digital Tv or a digital decoder. i have seen some decoders in the market which for example are free to air and do not have the conditional access system which means that once pay channels come through one will only be able to access the free to air channels. Check out some explanations on: http://www.godigitalnow.net/Home.php
bird_man
#5 Posted : Monday, August 09, 2010 8:47:40 PM

Mukiha,which LCD model did you buy?Did you buy a digital setup box too?
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
freiks
#6 Posted : Monday, August 09, 2010 11:48:41 PM

I dont think its a very new thing. I have been accessing it on kbc with my LG lcd since 2008.
Life is an endless adventure
Gordon Gekko
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:18:35 AM

Sasa his tele-text ni nini? Inafanana na tele-tubbies?
eddyz
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:59:21 PM

@ all
teletext is a service used to retrieve information from a TV:it is an enhancement of analogue TV introduced in the 70's hence it's not new and has nothing to do with digital TV.Text based information such as sports news,TV schedules or subtitles can be presented with teletext
mukiha
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:10:29 PM

bird_man wrote:
Mukiha,which LCD model did you buy?Did you buy a digital setup box too?

Sony Bravia BX300
Not digital set top box
bird_man
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:24:35 PM

Mukiha....thanks.I think hiyo sasa ni lazima this month.I hope you have no issues with that particular BX300 model because I have noticed its the most sold model right now in Nairobi.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.