wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Asunta is a mother again
chepkel
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:42:26 PM

@My 2 cents. Sikuhizi kuna Artificial insermination. Kama ile ya Ng'ombe. Unprotected sex sio lazima
Noble
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:53:01 PM

@Chepkel
You can call it 'dry pine tree'
wanjirus
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:25:07 PM

jguru
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:35:54 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
P/S When a +ve female is seeking to get pregnant it entails having unprotected sex. So either she risks infecting another male or if the male is also +ve; they are mixing hiv strains, which is not advocated for the benefit of both.

Wrong! In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is done for a HIV+ve lady, who does not have a suitable HIV+ve partner. It does not mean she has to have unprotected sex!

Wrong again! HIV 1 is the major type of HIV found in Kenya, and in 90% of the world. HIV 2 is mostly found in male homosexual caucasians. What you mention, "mixing of hiv strains", is known as HIV Superinfection whereby a HIV+ve person acquires another HIV strain. This happens due to multiple sexual partners (from different regions of the world) or sharing of needles with persons (from different regions of the world). There are only 16 reported cases of HIV superinfection worldwide! It is an extremely rare incidence, and is therefore a moot point in respect to a HIV+ve lady preparing to have a child.
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
jguru
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:44:24 PM

slykat wrote:
@All

Thanks MaichBlack and Kusadikika for attempting to educate ignorant geniuses...

Am shocked that some peeps in Wazua as clever and educated as they are, are still so ignorant about pertinent issues about living with HIV. If the talk by some at Wazua is ill-informed, judgmental, stigmatizing and discriminative if not malicious, what of the man on the street? God help us and our 2million plus positive brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, and parents.

I am flabbergasted by the lack of HIV knowledge in Wazua. I am sure every member of Wazua has had a friend, relative, neighbour or workmate with HIV. How do we accept them as "normal" persons, if we do not understand the disease they carry?

And on a light note, Wazua Admins should, with immediate effect, organise a seminar on HIV/AIDS. And they should make sure they bring charts and diagrams, and those 16 inch wooden contraptions (and enough rubbers) for demonstration. smile
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
thuks
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:58:14 PM

@ iguru
Full support on your last proposal (not suggestion)

Everybody has a percentage chance of siring an offspring who cannot thrive (genetic or due to disease) but we still do. life is God given!
I care!
My 2 cents
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:54:42 AM

thuks wrote:
@ iguru

Everybody has a percentage chance of siring an offspring who cannot thrive (genetic or due to disease) but we still do. life is God given!

Indeed. But when you have HIV you know for sure that there is a risk of tranferring it to the baby. Of that you have no doubt. The risk is minimised by ARVs but not completely eradicated.
MaichBlack
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:21:00 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
thuks wrote:
@ iguru

Indeed. But when you have HIV you know for sure that there is a risk of tranferring it to the baby. Of that you have no doubt. The risk is minimised by ARVs but not completely eradicated.

Some people are such big hypocrites!! All the guys talking about the well being of the child, let me ask you some questions. When you are planning to get your 'next' kid, do you sit down with your spouse and agree to have a full medical to check if you have any terminal disease or any disease that can be passed to your kid? Do you evaluate your life and say things like: Given that I normally have a couple of drinks and still drive, or given that I have a mpango wa kando, or because my job involves a lot of travelling, I have a higher chance of kicking the bucket and therefore I will not get kids just in case. If we were to be sincere, for one, no one in Nairobi should get a kid!! Chances of being hit by a stray bullet or being mistaken for Mungiki or some criminal or even being killed outside your gate are very real. Do we consider that before getting kids now that we pretend to be very thoughtful? Don't preach dihydrogen oxide and drink wine!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
My 2 cents
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:30:44 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
thuks wrote:
@ iguru

Some people are such big hypocrites!! All the guys talking about the well being of the child, let me ask you some questions. When you are planning to get your 'next' kid, do you sit down with your spouse and agree to have a full medical to check if you have any terminal disease or any disease that can be passed to your kid? Do you evaluate your life and say things like: Given that I normally have a couple of drinks and still drive, or given that I have a mpango wa kando, or because my job involves a lot of travelling, I have a higher chance of kicking the bucket and therefore I will not get kids just in case. If we were to be sincere, for one, no one in Nairobi should get a kid!! Chances of being hit by a stray bullet or being mistaken for Mungiki or some criminal or even being killed outside your gate are very real. Do we consider that before getting kids now that we pretend to be very thoughtful? Don't preach dihydrogen oxide and drink wine!

All I read in you post in concerns to do with self, self self. how about those to do with baby? Stop being selfish!!!!!
Impunity
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:43:23 PM

-----------------------
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Impunity
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:47:30 PM

chepkel wrote:
@My 2 cents. Sikuhizi kuna Artificial insermination. Kama ile ya Ng'ombe. Unprotected sex sio lazima

Is there any feeling for either parties?The inseminator and inseminee!!!
If yes, then what sort of feeling?
Is it anything near comparison to actual flight?
Sad Sad Sad
Sad Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

MaichBlack
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:11:45 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
All I read in you post in concerns to do with self, self self. how about those to do with baby? Stop being selfish!!!!!

You just don't get it. Do you? Assuming you have kids, did you consider the things I mentioned? If you don't, are you planning to? Better yet can you tell us all the things you considered/will consider before getting a kid.

All I'm saying is that most people consider if they can provide for the kid financially. They don't consider the other stuff I mentioned.

From the posts here, some contributors are evidently intellectually challenged. I wonder if out of the 'goodness of their hearts' they've decided not to get kids so that they don't pass their ushenzi to them. There is no cure for ushenzi you know. Someone once said, "Elimu inaondoa ujinga lakini haiwezi ondoa ukubaff!"
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
My 2 cents
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:32:07 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

You just don't get it. Do you? Assuming you have kids, did you consider the things I mentioned? If you don't, are you planning to? Better yet can you tell us all the things you considered/will consider before getting a kid.

All I'm saying is that most people consider if they can provide for the kid financially. They don't consider the other stuff I mentioned.

From the posts here, some contributors are evidently intellectually challenged. I wonder if out of the 'goodness of their hearts' they've decided not to get kids so that they don't pass their ushenzi to them. There is no cure for ushenzi you know. Someone once said, "Elimu inaondoa ujinga lakini haiwezi ondoa ukubaff!"

And one mark of ushenzi is someone who thinks they will sell their point of view by trading insults. Stick to the facts at hand. NEVER EVER get so emotionally involved that you resort to insults. NEVER.
MaichBlack
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:43:46 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

And one mark of ushenzi is someone who thinks they will sell their point of view by trading insults. Stick to the facts at hand. NEVER EVER get so emotionally involved that you resort to insults. NEVER.

@My 2 Cents - I was not talking about you specifically but if you feel you qualify, what can I say?

Can you read all the other posts. You'll see where I'm coming from.

And you still haven't answered my questions.