wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kagame wins by a landslide
muganda
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:28:33 PM

So preliminary results say Kagame has outdone himself with 96.7% of the vote: http://www.newtimes.co.r...14348&article=32399

But in my long life I've come to learn some things are inevitable - such as a president who rules for a long long time, is alike to a man who's been drinking for a long long time.

In this same forum, I once estowed Kagame as a leader extraordinaire, much in the same way I was intially able to excuse Moi, even after retirement, for his shortcomings.

At the end of the day, let down by failings of man (plus more of my own), I gravely acknowledge wisdom of the few among us who accept their limitations.

vin
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:46:15 PM

You can always win when you blindfold and tie the legs of your competitors.A true African leader who ca not let the fairness prevail.
Advice is like snow.The softer it lands the harder is sticks.
poundfoolish
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:48:57 PM

im troubled with Kagame's Rwanda.. and then again im more troubled with a Rwanda without Kagame
muganda
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:55:07 PM

@poundfoolish well said. In fact, the Americans learnt the very same lesson on removing Sadaam and his army from Iraq.

But quick scan of history of Burundi and Rwanda, shows even after all Kagame has achieved, and the outrage of the genocide, dangerous chess pieces begin to align again...

Intelligentsia
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:01:57 PM

Lets call it by what it was - a selection not an election.
Main contenders were Kagame Vs Kagame.
Results were foregone & well known ab initio, designed to give hm fake democratic credentials to mask his autocratic tendencies as shown by him he sending his agents to kill a top military hgeneral in S.A.

A sham, a facade, a farce!

African leaders should know it is good to exit the dance floor while still at their best, not on their deathbed - what a lost opportunity for him to honorably join the ranks of the club of retired african statesmen still living in their countries.
McReggae
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:07:29 PM

In Africa, a sitting president rarely loses am election, infact I remember one time when Mobutu loudly wondered how on earth somebody could lose an election which he has planned himself!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nostoppingthis
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:25:27 PM

I stand corrected..but it is said this guy has achieved alot for his country, now considered one of the investment hubs in Africa (infrastructure well improved etc). The votes may actually be genuine...Any one in Rwanda?
kyt
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:14:04 PM

@non, they may be if only u watch kenyan news alone.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
nostoppingthis
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 10:52:48 AM

Did you watch the Rwandese celebrating!!! could be a case of benovelent dictatorship
MaichBlack
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:05:55 PM

I admire Kagame. He has done a lot for his country. Some of us seem to be fixated on change. And in most cases the change is just for the sake of change.

I wouldn't mind a president who rules Kenya for 20+ years if he is a progressive leader who improves the economy, health care, security, education etc. etc. At times such a leader might have to 'deal' with a few 'vinyangarika' here and there. I would also understand if he gives a few jobs [out of the millions he has helped create] to his kids, wife, cousins etc. provided they are qualified or the job has no great implications to any section of the economy.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
msotoville
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:10:33 PM

I agree with @nostoppingthis.

I'd rather a benevolent dictator who gets it right than a democracy that's a friggin' mess.

It's a fact that most civil rights/NGO types are primarily idealists with lots of theories bouncing about their very idle minds, who are really of little use to the real world.

KAGAME TOSHA!
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
bwenyenye
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:22:32 PM

Let give it to the guy. He has done well for his country.In any leadership though, there are always people who are problematic. Any leader has to deal with such characters decisively. I however think that this should be hos last term. He should now groom someone else in the next 7 years. I think Rwanda is where Kenya was in 1992. They need one more term of Kagame and they should be ready for a change of guard.
I Think Therefore I Am