wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sim card Registration
Wendz
#1 Posted : Friday, July 09, 2010 4:34:34 PM

Guys, someone told me that if i am M-pesa registered, then i do not need to register my sim card. During lunch time, i met a friend who told me i have to register that it is only the M-kesho registered cards that do not require registration... could someone please confirm which is which for me?

Also, I have not seen any one agent registering. Someone please let me know where i can get it registered preferably in town.
Wendz attached the following image(s):
simcard.jpg (7kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
youcan'tstopusnow
#2 Posted : Friday, July 09, 2010 5:51:31 PM

If you are registered for M-Pesa, you don't need to register. They already have your details. Even ZAP

http://www.businessdaily...46/-/pcqsqq/-/index.html
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
leona
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 7:47:59 AM

From safaricom's website...

...''Q13. Do I need to register if I am an M-PESA subscriber?
A13. No you do not need to register at our outlets as we already have most of your registration details. If we do require to obtain some additional details from you we shall communicate this directly to all M-PESA customers together with a simple method on how you can submit the missing information to us without having to physically go to our registration points
''...

You can also check out all info on registration here..http://www.safaricom.co.ke/index.php?id=1442

I think the same applies to ZAP subscribers..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
leona
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 7:50:17 AM

And for those with modems...Dont forget to register your modem!!

..''Q15. Do I need to register if I have a PrePay Safaricom Modem?
A15. Yes you do
''...
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
nahdy
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:22:27 AM

just wondering where do i get the number for the safaricom modem?
brightstar
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:44:47 AM

Is there a provision for transfer/deregistration in a scenario such as you no longer require the SIM card could be dead guys, migrating overseas etc. Currently the operators deactivate the SIM after some period of inactivity then resell the number. You could unknowingly buy a number previosly owned by a serial murderer on the run and then...
radio
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:59:47 AM

This registration in a bid to fight crime is bogus... I just came from registering my Orange sim card and those guys are not even verifying the details... You just pick the forms, fill in details, then handle over the form with a copy of your ID.

Cant someone with just a copy of your ID register a sim card in your name!?
Ephy
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:14:51 PM

I totally concur with you radio. A very noble idea implemented poorly and shoddily. They aren't verifying the ID copys,signature..asking how many lines one has? We just need an attitude,operational change in Kenyan institutions. The police need a resource pool of scanned ID's with a clear photo,passport details,home address,telephone numbers that should be counter-checked with data collected by the telecom operators. How can we help change the scenario is the big Q???????????
See what everyone has seen,but think what nobody has thought. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
Capri
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:18:28 PM

nahdy wrote:
just wondering where do i get the number for the safaricom modem?

One way would be to connect the modem and open the application, then send a text to your other line ....
selah
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:23:20 PM

To make matters worse the agents are paid according to the forms filled.I see a scam where pple register lines using lost and found IDs which litter back alley and then continue with the Vice which we are told the Registration will stop.

If I was one of those who Profit from sim card scams I would have registered several lines by NOw.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Mtublack
#11 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 5:43:44 PM

have they extended the deadline ? am yet to get register
Some you win some you lose
chris79
#12 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 5:52:28 PM

@Mtublack, the deadline has been extended for another 30 days. You can all relax now then come again and ask the same question on August 30th...
Mtublack
#13 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 6:42:15 PM

@chris79
thanks its the modem line, you know am just a Kenyan do everything last minute i even registered as a voter the last day after extension tho be sure will be the first person on the que on 4th
Some you win some you lose
lisaox
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 01, 2010 11:12:06 PM

Mmh, I dono about you but this extension of the deadline is just playing with peoples lives,literally. The govt-CCK-should have maintained its 30th July deadline.If in the course of the next 30 or so days,if I am unfortunately duped or somehow extorted through an unregistered phone line,I will sue the government at the very least for abetting the crime.
youcan'tstopusnow
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 04, 2010 5:01:58 PM

chris79 wrote:
@Mtublack, the deadline has been extended for another 30 days. You can all relax now then come again and ask the same question on August 30th...

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE