wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Poll Question : 2 weeks left: Final position on the Katiba issue?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes.......(click) 46 67 %
No.........(click) 20 29 %
None of the Above...(click) 2 2 %
Total 68 100%

4 Pages«<234
Final opinion poll
Brewer
#61 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:19:15 PM

Some of the issues Kenyayetu is referring to are very BIG and somehow Nanfor1 and many others are avoiding to FACE THEM. It baffles that one would want to avoid discussion of issues and employ vulgarities in their place seeing how serious a document the constitution is especially as those same issues if the draft is passed will STARE US IN THE FACE.

Have you seen the statistics on how many people have not read the draft? And you assume Wazuans are not part of those statistics?
nanfor1
#62 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:43:26 PM

Brewer. Maybe it is time you FACED some things.

These BIG SCARY ISSUES that you are talking about are not new neither are they unique to Kenya.

If they affect you, and make you sad, they might actually be making others happy.

This tradition of seeing doomsday and devils with little tails in each and every line in the new constitution makes you forget to FACE THE ISSUES that Kenyans are fighting with.

Understand what the choice is and maybe you might decide to FACE THE PROBLEM.

the choice is between the old constitution and the new one. If you cannot get that, then we are going round in circles.

that is why we have a referendum and the PEOPLE DECIDE.

All I am asking for is avoiding lies, misinformation and blatant scare mongering to try and convince us otherwise.

We have heard your views. Now can we get along and go vote on August 4th. My rent will be due come August 5th. I have to pay it whether you vote Yes or No.

Hata wakizima taa
McReggae
#63 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:14:20 PM

nanfor1 and Fundah have made my campaign period.........scaremongers will never find any constitution as most of their comprise issues not in the government!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
simonkabz
#64 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:19:28 PM

The well educated vuvuzelas/noists must be the most ignorant/uninformed human beings on this planet. Only a few seem to have a good grasp of the few possible negatives in this katiba. Anyone still vuvuzelaing about kadhi, abortion, gay, int'l law.... makes me a worried man. These things are already rait here with us! Do u live in holes n never comeout 4some news n sunshine? To me, voting NO coz of any of the above is LIVING IN DENIAL.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
thuks
#65 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:09:34 PM

Choice Votes Statistics
Yes.......(click) 40 65 %
No.........(click) 19 31 %
None of the Above...(click) 2 3 %
Total 61 100%

Is kimemia using this poll results? what a coincidence
I care!
McReggae
#66 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:01:43 AM

thuks, copy that!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
xtina
#67 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:29:32 AM

An X.N Iraki article on the Standard: Will the proposed new Constitution answer the following?
• Will it lead to faster economic growth? Shall we achieve Vision 2030 earlier?
• Will it accelerate East Africa Integration and the envisaged benefits? Will it make the Swahili Tiger pounce sooner?
• At individual level, will it guarantee more jobs, quality jobs, better houses, clean water, power and less drudgery? We want time for leisure to enjoy the few years we walk on this small planet.

Somebody (from any side) please answer.
Fundaah
#68 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:14:31 AM

The whole 'Yes' brigade should just pitch tent in Ukambani.....The 'No' team as really mislead the gullible peasants there.....was out on a fact finding mission in the last 2 days .....I tell you something needs to be done.....Unbeknown to the residents of Ukambani ... they are rejecting something that could make food relief something of the past.....

If the 15% allocation to the grassroots is used to solve the water problem in the area through water harvesting and boreholes.....good roads in the area will open markets and commerce....nearness to the Nairobi metropolitan gives the area a plus......

President Kibaki and Kalonzo please go to Kilome ...Athi river .... Machakos Town .... Wote Town....and convince the people there....Their major beef is taxation on property....

National Land Commission
Artcle 67. (2) The functions of the National Land Commission are—

(g) to assess tax on land and premiums on immovable property in any
area designated by law; and

They say their land will be repossessed if they wont be able to pay these taxes......

Matthew 13:24-30 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Weeds

24Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.
25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.
26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27"The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28" 'An enemy did this,' he replied.
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
annsal
#69 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:41:42 AM

@ fundah its very true what you are saying, my mum told me the same thing , that her neighbours are voting no coz they were told that if the constitution goes through they will be forced to pay tax on their land ( 5 acres). i dont understand why someone who would go round peddling lies and taking advantage of their ignorance.
anyway charles kilonzo hope you are reading this.
God loves a Trier!
Wendz
#70 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:01:11 PM

kenyayetu wrote:
Christian principles?... from where? British Law, on which our Law is predicated is based on Roman and Greek Jurisprudence, which FYI, predates Christ... so I do not agree with you on that point. To argue this way is to display selective ignorance of history. Please listen to this stream cast as objectively as you can.

I do not deny that most of the principles are based on british law, we got lots of it and with that by the way, you and i got to live with it unless you want us to go back to 19 twendia waru (thanks to Wa_ithaka). the most we can hope to do right now get the best out of it....

now, could you let me know where a clause like 26(2) originated from? Or are we in the same "selective ignorance of history class"?
kadonye
#71 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:08:01 PM

Taxation on land is allowed even under the current law
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Wendz
#72 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:34:56 PM

kadonye wrote:
The links from dia have serious info and propaganda from scaremongers.

I still think the katiba has flaws and it is one's view of how serious those flaws are that will determine his/her vote

By the way, those postings on those links belong to Kenyayetu.
Brewer
#73 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:51:58 PM

Again some people are refusing to FACE the issues.

It is a big white LIE to say the issue in this constitution is choice between between the old and the proposed constitution. Why would we need a referendum if that was the choice? Am yet to meet anyone in the NO team who says the old constitution in general is better than the proposed constitution.

I may be wrong but I get the general argument to be that there is need for a new constitution but that the proposed constitution has ISSUES which to those chosing NO are so fundamental that they fatally poison the whole document. I guess one is entitled to say that those ISSUES are his honey and vote YES or even more realistically, that they are not fundamental enough to him.

One other way, of course, is to exercise your right guaranteed even in the present constitution to totally ignore the NOists and their issues and call them scaremongers.
wanyina
#74 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:53:44 PM

yes yes
youcan'tstopusnow
#75 Posted : Sunday, August 01, 2010 12:02:19 PM

Hawa undecided ni nani? "In the battle between good and evil, to be neutral is to side with evil" (From Lumumba)
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE