wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenya's missed New Dawns
kadonye
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:52:08 AM

First it was under Jomo in 1963.He had the whole country behind him even convincing the opposition to join him.In the years that followed,tribalism and corruption reigned.There were a few gains though

In 1978,Jomo died and Moi took over.There was hope that this guy would stop the rot and give Kenyans new hope.What followed was 24 years of dictatorship,massive corruption tribalism and nepotism

1991-Kenya ushered in multi party democracy.Many thought the bad days were over but were proven wrong by a continuation of corruption and deepening tribalism.

2002-Kenya votes in NARC with Kibaki as President.Some good things here and there but tribalism grew and corruption still thrived.

2008-After stupid Kenyans slaughtered each other,a grand coalition gvt is formed bvut it turns into a competition of who is better than the other in corruption

2010-Will the passing of the draft constitution herald a new dawn?Or will we end up being disappointed as before?
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:04:58 PM

kadonye wrote:
will we end up being disappointed as before?

Who is 'we'?
The only way 'we' can be disappointed is if 'we' allow ourselves to.

BBI will solve it
:)
JkMwatha
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:46:48 PM

kadonye wrote:
.....In 1979,Jomo died and Moi took over.........

More like 1978.

kadonye
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:55:57 PM

You're right 1978 it was!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
masukuma
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:31:06 PM

why is Kenya the only country that seems to think it can recreate itself through some shaking a wand and printing a document? the same people are everywhere. people hate working, people love eating. people don't have National Values (not documented but ingrained). you can be given a constitution as big as India's or none like UK and still be where you are.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!