wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Ruto Supports Draft--True
rasilio
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:12:04 PM

As my parting shot to wazua, just vote wisely and be very wary of politicians. They are bad, both in no and yes. However, the new internet age should help clear any cobwebs in your mind.

This is Ruto seriously campaining for the New constitution. I am sure he never expected to see this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RetVuqsm3Zk

Good luck to all
Wendz
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:58:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/w...?v=knv15hwQXAU&NR=1

see how kenyans are spoilt... after the speeches, they run for 'hand-outs' from the waheshimiwas...
masukuma
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:24:24 PM

@rasilio, i suspect you are selectively listening to what he's is saying. whats' inconsistent with what he is currently saying? people refused a YES/YES plebiscite. thats what he was pushing for.
there are people who have shifted goal posts over the period....ruto and the church are certainly not part of those.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
rasilio
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:35:33 PM

@masukuma while I would like to agree with you that he has been consistent, I would prefer to hear what bwana Ruto has to say.

my point is be wary of politicians. They say a lot of things they mean and do not mean. Both yes and no. Rather than hearing your version of what he meant,

I think the "now public" video explains his point on why the counties are bad, how the land issue is bad and other things that Mheshimiwa Ruto has to talk about.

I agree with him wholeheartedly on this video.

It was nice being on wazua, just vote wisely.
Seeders
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:39:43 PM

i am less concerned about ruto's flip flopping because his personal reasons are known. politics, land.

but other than ruto, some of the people in the no camp do have a point - If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drumbeat. —Henry David Thoreau

my biggest fear is with the 80% in yes comprised of bloody murderers, rapist financiers, anglofleecing alumni and goldenberg geezers who are now 'champions of change and proreform'. when did the transformational baptism take place because i think i missed it?

with the unanimity of this crowd, the future is not bright...quote me in 2017.

rasilio wrote:
As my parting shot to wazua, just vote wisely and be very wary of politicians. They are bad, both in no and yes. However, the new internet age should help clear any cobwebs in your mind.

This is Ruto seriously campaining for the New constitution. I am sure he never expected to see this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RetVuqsm3Zk

Good luck to all

masukuma
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:46:15 PM

things will change for the worse...you people will continue carrying the load of a bloated government [thin executive + judiciary + extra fat legislature + all those commissions without caps in numbers or tenures]. I have for the last couple of months stopped paying direct PAYE taxes (as from July 2009). my salo is now GROSS=NETT. Nyinyi mutalipia hao...shauri yenu.
Ngalaka
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:25:12 PM

Most insincere assertion.

Such an attempt to pull a fast one on us , for me is no better than what the politicians' treat us to!

Isnt it clear that Ruto was talking immediately after coming from the Naivasha PSC retreat where they had agreed on what was to be carried in the new constitution, only for the COE to come up with their own version!

It is this COE version that Ruto isn't entirely agreable to.

He obviously agress with most of the document safe for a few clauses.

Lets not pull each other's legs.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Impunity
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:38:43 AM

Ngalaka wrote:

Such an attempt to pull a fast one on us , for me is no better than what the politicians' treat us to!

Isnt it clear that Ruto was talking immediately after coming from the Naivasha PSC retreat where they had agreed on what was to be carried in the new constitution, only for the COE to come up with their own version!

He obviously agress with most of the document safe (or save!!!??)for a few clauses.

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Applause Applause Applause Applause

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

nostoppingthis
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:47:23 AM

Ngalaka wrote:

He obviously agress with most of the document safe for a few clauses.

@Ngalaka...propaganda is part of politics...you have to deal with it. The REDS should do a rejoinder (go and fish out the 2005 referendum campaign)
Wendz
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:50:04 AM

[quote=Seeders]i am less concerned about ruto's flip flopping because his personal reasons are known. politics, land.

but other than ruto, some of the people in the no camp do have a point - If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drumbeat. —Henry David Thoreau

my biggest fear is with the 80% in yes comprised of bloody murderers, rapist financiers, anglofleecing alumni and goldenberg geezers who are now 'champions of change and proreform'. when did the transformational baptism take place because i think i missed it?

@seeders
I think those described there would be less than 1% at the very most of the YES group (That would make 50,000 people of a very conservative 5m voters). What is your take when people like rev. njoya, pal ghai, manu chandaria, wangari maathai, p lumumba, prof. nzomo, majority of the private sector bigwits and like minded people who are not politicians, have never been held with any corruption charges or known to advocate any issues that are not for the good of this country and they stand with this constitution and say it is good for kenyans. what do you think about them? Do you think they are also lying or have hidden agendas like the politicians?

Fundaah
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:05:41 PM

masukuma wrote:
@rasilio, i suspect you are selectively listening to what he's is saying. whats' inconsistent with what he is currently saying? people refused a YES/YES plebiscite. thats what he was pushing for.
there are people who have shifted goal posts over the period....ruto and the church are certainly not part of those.

.....KRA is watching....wait till they come knocking....utalia
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
masukuma
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:29:12 PM

@Fundaah...watanitafuta wanikose!!! Mutalipia hizo costs zote above peke yenu!!! Shauri Yenu!
amwitu
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:33:49 PM

The masses think it is true, the wise know it is false and the leaders find it useful....Thats the paradox the COE has put us in. I pray for God's will to prevail.
AM BETTER OFF BEING A REPENTANT SINNER THAN A RELIGIOUS HYPOCRITE.
theman192000
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:48:49 PM

Ngalaka wrote:

A man goes to see a doctor because he is not feeling well. After a thorough consultation and numerous tests, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment and hands a prescription over to the man.

On the way to the chemist, the man alters the prescription although he is not a medical expert. On handing over the prescription to the pharmacist, the chemist notes the alterations and corrects them. He then hands over the prescribed medication to the man who promptly refuses to take the medicine.

Question is, if the man knew what he wanted, why did he hire the services of a doctor in the first place? Was it to give legitimacy to the altered prescription?
Fundaah
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:05:18 PM

masukuma wrote:
@Fundaah...watanitafuta wanikose!!! Mutalipia hizo costs zote above peke yenu!!! Shauri Yenu!

Serikali ina mkono mrefu....be fearful...and with computerisation ....it is just a matter of time...
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Seeders
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:32:55 PM

same argument could be used by the no camp. moi, ruto and co represent less than 0.1% of the people voting no. with due respect to your list:
----dont mistake a person's visibility as a gauge of their patriotism. you probably know many maumau heroes that went to the grave penniless and unknown despite being on the front line. and dont get me started on the 'private sector big wigs'
----because you were right on one thing does not make you eternally infallible. i may respect what njoya did but i am not bound to agree with his positions for life.

in the no camp are good people too who have paid a personal price and been selfless for the country - just that they did not make it to the headlines of your daily nation.

that is why i dont understand:

----the dogmatic pontification from people voting yes that anyone who criticizes a spelling, word or dot on the draft is a landgrabber or a religious nut. take a quick poll of the 220 thieves and see where that god-forsaken crowd leans. let me know if you arrive at less than 80%. the dark black pot calling the grey kettle black...

----the amusing statements i repeatedly see here that the new constitution is the end-all of mps salaries, corruption, violence, extrajudicial killing, post poll violence, tribalism or even rape. yes, the constitution is changing. but it is being spearheaded by the people who abused the old one. i really want to see this 'change we can believe in' that everyone is so excited about.

i just dont see it happening.

Wendz wrote:
[quote=Seeders]i am less concerned about ruto's flip flopping because his personal reasons are known. politics, land.

@seeders
I think those described there would be less than 1% at the very most of the YES group (That would make 50,000 people of a very conservative 5m voters). What is your take when people like rev. njoya, pal ghai, manu chandaria, wangari maathai, p lumumba, prof. nzomo, majority of the private sector bigwits and like minded people who are not politicians, have never been held with any corruption charges or known to advocate any issues that are not for the good of this country and they stand with this constitution and say it is good for kenyans. what do you think about them? Do you think they are also lying or have hidden agendas like the politicians?

kadonye
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:57:36 PM

I believe Ruto is just playing politics

What is the BIG difference between Naivasha and CoE drafts?

He does not sound convinced, just fighting for political relevance and scoring goals against Raila
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Kusadikika
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:32:30 PM

Forgive my ignorance. What exactly do people mean when they say "pesa itatoka Nairobi ikuje hapa mashinani." This appears to be one of the biggest selling points of the draft by the "Yes" camp.

Somebody please explain to me like am a 2 year old exactly what this means. How is this money that is in Nairobi get there and how is it now being used? How will this money get to Nairobi after the referendum and how will it leave Nairobi for "mashinani" and how differently will it be used assuming Yes wins? What will the money be used for that it is not being used for now? Can Counties levy and collect their own taxes? If so which ones, Income tax, VAT, Property tax etc?
Seeders
#19 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 11:17:18 AM

@seeders, stop spreading fear.

http://www.standardmedia...loose%20in%20Government

Seeders wrote:
my biggest fear is with 80% of the political class in yes comprised of bloody murderers, rapist financiers, anglofleecing alumni and goldenberg geezers who are now 'champions of change and proreform'. when did the transformational baptism take place because i think i missed it?

#20 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 11:45:36 AM

Guys please let Ruto and Moi remain in the NO camp. With the two saying NO, my conscious to voting YES is very clear and affirmed.

BBI will solve it
:)