wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Priestly advice on the constituition
FundamentAli
#1 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 11:55:12 AM

Went to church yesterday and before the end of the service the Priest told us the following story which he told us to consider before voting yes or no.

'There was a man who was lived in a village. One day while he was sleeping his house caught fire. He shouted for help and his neighbours came to put off the fire. While they were busy fighting the fire, a rat ran out of the house. The man spotted the rat and remembered that it had given him a lot of problems. He told the neighbours that he wants the rat caught. The neighbours joined him in the chase for the rat.'

The priest asked us 'Do you want to be like the man who chased the rat or do you want to put off the fire?' He then made reference to certain song that says that short people, tall people , fat people and thin people all belong to god. He went on to add that those in the Yes camp and those in the No camp all belong to god.

Good people, what advice was he trying to give us?
Fundaah
#2 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 12:03:59 PM

The wise priest ....who has seen the light

House.... Kenya
Fire ....2007/8 PEV

The rat...small issues like homosexuality lie,..abortion on demand lie...forced land acquisition of legally held lie....
Wacha panya atoroke....redcat bado in stock after Aug 4 2010....tutadeal nayeye tukizima moto....

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Spend.thrift
#3 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 12:08:24 PM

This priest was discreetly telling you to ignore the small-side issues and concentrate on the main issue. I will not use YES or NO/ Green or Red, but all rational people will know which of the two to chose come 4th. I was too in church two weeks ago, and the priest at this parish also used similar analogies to advice his congregation-it was just a word short of saying "vote yes". They can never be direct so as to stem the risk of being querried by their seniors.

The more learned the priest, the more dynamic and rational they become. Holy Family yesterday was comic, with a lawyer trying to explain the abortion clause in a self defeatist style.

kadonye
#4 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 12:08:25 PM

Nice story, Fundaah, now back to the draft.I read the transition part and I think Ngunyi might be right.We might have issues in 2012!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Magigi
#5 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 12:12:24 PM

...not a new saying...has always been there...'the funny man who chases a rat fleeing from the flames of his burning hut'

The NO people are that funny man who runs after that rat... Infact the NO people are RATS!!!
Wendz
#6 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 12:36:17 PM

Spend.thrift wrote:
This priest was discreetly telling you to ignore the small-side issues and concentrate on the main issue. I will not use YES or NO/ Green or Red, but all rational people will know which of the two to chose come 4th. I was too in church two weeks ago, and the priest at this parish also used similar analogies to advice his congregation-it was just a word short of saying "vote yes". They can never be direct so as to stem the risk of being queried by their seniors.

The more learned the priest, the more dynamic and rational they become. Holy Family yesterday was comic, with a lawyer trying to explain the abortion clause in a self defeatist style.

True. some of the No proponents think that simply because you are saying yes, you are not a christian and you actually wonder if you arent entitled to your own thoughts as a christian.

Our chairman received a letter from the head of the diocese and was told to tell the congregation the position of the church on the constitution... it was a directive, not that he had a choice. so when he spoke he said "the church has directed us to tell the congregation that ITS position on the constitution is NO. That's THE CHURCH'S position. What is YOUR position?".
nanfor1
#7 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 12:53:42 PM

Dictatorship is not a Godly thing.

Was at my church and they tried reading the directive. Church was nearly empty by the time they finished it.

This is really a rat thing. Fundamental Ali, great piece.
Hata wakizima taa
Brewer
#8 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 1:33:52 PM

I do not want to imagine what the priest reported here meant. I know what the catholic church said here: http://www.kec.or.ke/news.asp?ID=189

I refuse to characterise the danger to the unborn as a "rat". To me the wanton manner in which the issue of LIFE is treated in this constitution is a "BIG FIRE" we are called upon to put out on the referendum day. Our "rats" are the same old habits of personalising, name-calling that has characterised this debate. Ruto this, Kalonzo that, moi the other, land grabbers this, 2012 who, etc are a great deviation and distraction from the issues of this constitution.
Wendz
#9 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 1:50:27 PM

Brewer wrote:
I do not want to imagine what the priest reported here meant. I know what the catholic church said here: http://www.kec.or.ke/news.asp?ID=189

I refuse to characterise the danger to the unborn as a "rat". To me the wanton manner in which the issue of LIFE is treated in this constitution is a "BIG FIRE" we are called upon to put out on the referendum day. Our "rats" are the same old habits of personalising, name-calling that has characterised this debate. Ruto this, Kalonzo that, moi the other, land grabbers this, 2012 who, etc are a great deviation and distraction from the issues of this constitution.

Very true @Brewer. That is what the church said and that's the church stand...and am a catholic. Staunch catholic but with a different opinion.
nanfor1
#10 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 1:53:40 PM

according to some people died for a new constitution in Kenya because of abortion.

sorry not this time....we have to extinguish this fire now
Hata wakizima taa
Brewer
#11 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 2:12:53 PM

True @ Wendz. It is the position of the Catholic Church and I agree with it.