wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

126 Pages«<118119120121122>»
Madness at the NSE
littledove
#2381 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2022 12:35:56 PM

even with peaceful conclusion of election the rally lasted only for two days supported by only few counters with
very weak demand, what is happening?
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
obiero
#2382 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2022 1:11:30 PM

littledove wrote:
even with peaceful conclusion of election the rally lasted only for two days supported by only few counters with

The market is a living thing, it has a heart, ears, eyes too

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#2383 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2022 1:14:09 PM

littledove wrote:

The market is a living thing, it has a heart, ears, eyes too

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2384 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2022 12:35:02 PM

littledove wrote:

Nothing is happening only that the incoming leader's past history does not inspire any confidence.
The road ahead will be long and hard akin to the Moi years.
Promotion to the highest level of incompetence is what elections in KE, and i guess the rest of Africa, is all about. Look at the crooks the masses have taken to parliament!
The stock market is a sophisticated market(not a fish market) and only works and flourishes where the Formal sector, and not the Informal sector thrives.
@SufficientlyP
xtina
#2385 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 4:32:39 PM

A certain politician (I won't Name Names is stocking up on KPLC. Not that I trust politicians so much but I can't help but feel something is up. Is there a reason why politicians are buying this 'dead' stock?
McGill
#2386 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 6:31:49 PM

xtina wrote:
A certain politician (I won't Name Names is stocking up on KPLC. Not that I trust politicians so much but I can't help but feel something is up. Is there a reason why politicians are buying this 'dead' stock?

I am also confused. I was expecting around a 20% profit then I exit. But with all this noise out here this thing might hit ksh2.00 in a few days. The stock is being hyped so much on fb and twitter streets.
cnn
#2387 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 6:46:37 PM

xtina wrote:

One Ndindi Nyoro and i did notice nil supply at the trading maximum limit @ 1.76 for the day.
McGill
#2388 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 7:10:25 PM

xtina wrote:

Maybe he knows something about the FY results due in a few weeks.
Ericsson
#2389 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 6:41:47 AM

McGill wrote:
xtina wrote:

One thing is for sure.
There will be no dividend declared
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
My 2 cents
#2390 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 7:41:54 AM

Ericsson wrote:
McGill wrote:
xtina wrote:

One thing is for sure.

Yet if they declared just 10cents per share it would cost them only 195 million - peanuts for a company that will probably report more than 5B net profit.
Announcing even this puny dividend will go a long way in signalling a change in fortunes to shareholders, which will in turn be great for share price.

Surely they can afford 195M - no matter how tight things are.
xtina
#2391 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 9:22:55 AM

McGill wrote:
xtina wrote:

I was thinking it's beyond this. The said politician has been accumulating the stock over the years and has become one of the largest shareholders (though this is only mentioned by the media and may be worth a pinch of salt. I also haven't looked at KPLC recently to see the latest shareholding structure). Is there something we are missing? Why accumulate a 'monkey' stock?
My 2 cents
#2392 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 8:36:06 PM

xtina wrote:
McGill wrote:
xtina wrote:

I was thinking it's beyond this. The said politician has been accumulating the stock over the years and has become one of the largest shareholders (though this is only mentioned by the media and may be worth a pinch of salt. I also haven't looked at KPLC recently to see the latest shareholding structure). Is there something we are missing? Why accumulate a 'monkey' stock?

Perhaps he is hoping to engineer a 'Kenyan Gamestop' situation. What better stock that KPLC to try and pull this off.
obiero
#2393 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 2:08:56 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
littledove wrote:

Nothing is happening only that the incoming leader's past history does not inspire any confidence.
Promotion to the highest level of incompetence is what elections in KE, and i guess the rest of Africa, is all about. Look at the crooks the masses have taken to parliament!
The stock market is a sophisticated market(not a fish market) and only works and flourishes where the Formal sector, and not the Informal sector thrives.

The bitter truth

Ericsson
#2394 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 8:01:43 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
McGill wrote:
xtina wrote:

One thing is for sure.

Yet if they declared just 10cents per share it would cost them only 195 million - peanuts for a company that will probably report more than 5B net profit.
Announcing even this puny dividend will go a long way in signalling a change in fortunes to shareholders, which will in turn be great for share price.

If they are asking for debt moratorium how will they pay dividend
mozenrat
#2395 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 3:08:32 AM

xtina wrote:

You mean Ndindi Nyoro? It’s not a secret, he admitted it on his social media pages.
My 2 cents
#2396 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 6:10:56 PM

Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
McGill wrote:
xtina wrote:

One thing is for sure.

If they excite the share price enough, it may be a good option to raise more equity capital to retire some of the debt.

Ericsson
#2397 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2022 8:50:17 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
McGill wrote:
xtina wrote:

One thing is for sure.

If they excite the share price enough, it may be a good option to raise more equity capital to retire some of the debt.

How will they excite the share price?
Raise more equity capital you mean a rights issue?
A significant reduction of debt will be in the figures of ksh.10 billion plus
My 2 cents
#2398 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2022 10:54:18 AM

Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
McGill wrote:
xtina wrote:

One thing is for sure.

How will they excite the share price?
Raise more equity capital you mean a rights issue?
A significant reduction of debt will be in the figures of ksh.10 billion plus

By reinstating dividends (costs only 195M for 10 cents per share) alongside other key governance improvement initiatives.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2399 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 11:15:18 AM

littledove wrote:

Extremely sad to see the Pride of Kenya for the last 2 decades(Safaricom) losing 31% of its value in 100days.
Although we can place the currency devaluation, reduction in MTR and the Ethiopian entry as some of the reasons, the biggest reason here is political interference with a view to milking the company to the ground.
I just hope it doesn't go the KPLC way, which plunged from KES.15 in 2013 to the current price of KES.1.5 when some people took over the management of the energy sector!
Extremely sad!!!
@SufficientlyP
heri
#2400 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 12:10:00 PM

littledove wrote:

Extremely sad to see the Pride of Kenya for the last 2 decades(Safaricom) losing 31% of its value in 100days.
Although we can place the currency devaluation, reduction in MTR and the Ethiopian entry as some of the reasons, the biggest reason here is political interference with a view to milking the company to the ground.
I just hope it doesn't go the KPLC way, which plunged from KES.15 in 2013 to the current price of KES.1.5 when some people took over the management of the energy sector!
Extremely sad!!!

Sad. What happened to those fairy tales that Vodacom calls the shots or have they also eaten enough?