wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hustlernomics by Kenya Kwanza
sparkly
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2022 8:21:50 PM

Kenya Kwanza takes over an economy that is battered by internal and external forces. The country was still struggling to recover from Covid19 slowdown then war broke out in Europe. Locally, the public debt is at historic high. A huge chunk of the tax collections go into servicing debt. Inflation is artificially suppressed. Were it not for government subsidies, fuel would be over KShs 200 per litre and unga over KShs 250 per 2 kg packet.

The big question is whether the bottom up "Hustlenomics" approach, which is tellingly silent on the management of the national level economy (macro-economics) will save Kenya.

Contemporary developmental economists like Amartya Sen advocate for high public investment in democratic and social institutions. Such is not possible without fiscal discipline and eradication of corruption.

The next 10 years will be interesting.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Much Know
#2 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2022 5:04:17 PM

sparkly wrote:
Kenya Kwanza takes over an economy that is battered by internal and external forces. The country was still struggling to recover from Covid19 slowdown then war broke out in Europe. Locally, the public debt is at historic high. A huge chunk of the tax collections go into servicing debt. Inflation is artificially suppressed. Were it not for government subsidies, fuel would be over KShs 200 per litre and unga over KShs 250 per 2 kg packet.

The big question is whether the bottom up "Hustlenomics" approach, which is tellingly silent on the management of the national level economy (macro-economics) will save Kenya.

Contemporary developmental economists like Amartya Sen advocate for high public investment in democratic and social institutions. Such is not possible without fiscal discipline and eradication of corruption.

The next 10 years will be interesting.

The next 20years, will be similar to the last 60years that the leader is from only two tribes. There is nothing else like economy happening here. If you look at KCSE data the tribes at the top are very different from IEBC data over the last 60 years and is bound to continue maybe for fifty more years. This has a serious effect on morale and performance as opportunities in Kenya are restricted by tribe. Things stand to get worse.
A New Kenya
wukan
#3 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2022 5:20:29 PM

From where I stand the issue was who got the urban vote and who got the rural vote. I see that Az got the progressive urban vote, the middle class vote, the old money and govt technocrats essentially the deep state. What he does with that constituency is up to him. I'm sure they will squander it. These are also status quo people who might not like too much push and will place all manner of obstacles on KK transformation.

KK got the rural vote and the innovative, hungry for success vote with which they can create their own deep state. They has the time, the demographic and focus to do that. The only problem is that the KK leaders will spend the next 5 years trying to rub it in. It's a bit shocking that DP elect is still talking about siasa za mlima and seeking validation from the outgoing.

The next 10 years will be interesting. As someone quipped on twitter if there were celebrations in your area you need to work really hard.
obiero
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2022 8:20:31 PM

wukan wrote:
From where I stand the issue was who got the urban vote and who got the rural vote. I see that Az got the progressive urban vote, the middle class vote, the old money and govt technocrats essentially the deep state. What he does with that constituency is up to him. I'm sure they will squander it. These are also status quo people who might not like too much push and will place all manner of obstacles on KK transformation.

KK got the rural vote and the innovative, hungry for success vote with which they can create their own deep state. They has the time, the demographic and focus to do that. The only problem is that the KK leaders will spend the next 5 years trying to rub it in. It's a bit shocking that DP elect is still talking about siasa za mlima and seeking validation from the outgoing.

The next 10 years will be interesting. As someone quipped on twitter if there were celebrations in your area you need to work really hard.

Economic emotions aside, could it be really possible that the two men won. Like really?

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#5 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2022 3:38:42 PM

obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:

Economic emotions aside, could it be really possible that the two men won. Like really?

The perplexing question is how Azimio lost, with State machinery behind them, and Uhuru being the Chairman of the Azimio Council.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Impunity
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2022 1:07:48 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:

The perplexing question is how Azimio lost, with State machinery behind them, and Uhuru being the Chairman of the Azimio Council.

Shocking.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.