obiero
#721 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2022 11:57:12 AM

Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Sub 20 in next two weeks? Where is the Bolingo Band crew to chart this one.. The current share price of Safaricom Plc (SCOM) is KES 25.05. SCOM closed its last trading day (Thursday, June 16, 2022) at 25.05 KES per share on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), recording a 2.5% drop from its previous closing price of 25.70 KES. Safaricom began the year with a share price of 37.95 KES but has since lost 34% off that price valuation, ranking it 60th on the NSE in terms of year-to-date performance.

@my2cents. Your stock pick. It's not looking good. The current share price of Safaricom Plc (SCOM) is KES 24.30. SCOM closed its last trading day (Friday, June 17, 2022) at 24.30 KES per share on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), recording a 3% drop from its previous closing price of 25.05 KES. Safaricom began the year with a share price of 37.95 KES but has since lost 36% off that price valuation, ranking it 60th on the NSE in terms of year-to-date performance.

That is because foreigners are exiting frontier markets (after this week's FED rate hikes) and Safaricom is their biggest holding in the NSE. Safaricom remains a solid business and now's the time to load up.

36% down this year alone! What's the bottom? How about one till counter proposition that is moving deposits and transaction fees away to the banks? Remember, never rush to lower the skirt.. I speak in code

Up 14% since you wrote the post.
I learnt a long time ago to never fight the steam roller that is Safaricom's share price. I have been loading up on sub-30 levels and I hope it remains at this level for a few months longer.

Heading towards above 30 levels

Situation is really fluid.

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
My 2 cents
#722 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2022 5:02:45 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Sub 20 in next two weeks? Where is the Bolingo Band crew to chart this one.. The current share price of Safaricom Plc (SCOM) is KES 25.05. SCOM closed its last trading day (Thursday, June 16, 2022) at 25.05 KES per share on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), recording a 2.5% drop from its previous closing price of 25.70 KES. Safaricom began the year with a share price of 37.95 KES but has since lost 34% off that price valuation, ranking it 60th on the NSE in terms of year-to-date performance.

@my2cents. Your stock pick. It's not looking good. The current share price of Safaricom Plc (SCOM) is KES 24.30. SCOM closed its last trading day (Friday, June 17, 2022) at 24.30 KES per share on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), recording a 3% drop from its previous closing price of 25.05 KES. Safaricom began the year with a share price of 37.95 KES but has since lost 36% off that price valuation, ranking it 60th on the NSE in terms of year-to-date performance.

That is because foreigners are exiting frontier markets (after this week's FED rate hikes) and Safaricom is their biggest holding in the NSE. Safaricom remains a solid business and now's the time to load up.

36% down this year alone! What's the bottom? How about one till counter proposition that is moving deposits and transaction fees away to the banks? Remember, never rush to lower the skirt.. I speak in code

I learnt a long time ago to never fight the steam roller that is Safaricom's share price. I have been loading up on sub-30 levels and I hope it remains at this level for a few months longer.

Safaricom stock has crazy demand from international investors and local institutions. I once shorted the stock convinced I would buy it back cheaper and proceeded to lose my shirt. I learnt from that experience to NEVER bet against Safaricom stock.

Too bad the price has bounced back so soon. I had plans to buy it by bucketloads sub 30 and was not finished. I bought all the way from 23, 25, 26, 29.50.
I will now pause and see if it comes back down post dividend.
mlennyma
#723 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2022 10:54:42 AM

The opportunity came but doubts in the nse is making many not to cease the moments ...from 23 to 32???
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#724 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2022 8:18:02 PM

mlennyma wrote:
The opportunity came but doubts in the nse is making many not to cease the moments ...from 23 to 32???

You close your eyes,execute and hope for the best
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#725 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022 9:38:28 AM

Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

looks like coming again before elections??
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
My 2 cents
#726 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022 3:11:01 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Definitely is. I hope it gets to the 23 low. Am not buying again above 25.
littledove
#727 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022 4:15:26 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

foreign sellers have trooped back with weak demand, its likely to go below 25 especially after books closure
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#728 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 11:42:00 AM

littledove wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

foreign sellers have trooped back with weak demand, its likely to go below 25 especially after books closure

It starts trading ex dividend tomorrow.
Let's see if it will go below 25
VituVingiSana
#729 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 1:20:23 PM

John Ngugi is the new Chairman replacing the competent and able MJ. d'oh! Sad Shame on you
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#730 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 9:06:45 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
John Ngugi is the new Chairman replacing the competent and able MJ. d'oh! Sad Shame on you

His godfather has one week left,John Ngugi won't last long once he's godfather is out of power.
Vodafone will deal with this matter ruthlessly
VituVingiSana
#731 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2022 9:50:18 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

His godfather has one week left,John Ngugi won't last long once he's godfather is out of power.

*Ngumi
*Vodafone better deal with it soon given there are billions at stake
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
My 2 cents
#732 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2022 10:46:08 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

*Ngumi

Godfather might still be in power by proxy. Don't rule this out.
cyruskulei
#733 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2022 11:13:16 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

*Ngumi

Ship begining to sink Paka Power direction.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ericsson
#734 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2022 7:58:37 AM

cyruskulei wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

*Ngumi

John Ngumi has been missing in Safaricom events since KK took over.
Ericsson
#735 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2022 8:00:10 AM

Ericsson wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

*Ngumi

John Ngumi has been missing in Safaricom events since KK took over.

Vodafone will deal with this matter ruthlessly [/quote]
*Ngumi
And it has come to pass.
obiero
#736 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2023 10:24:12 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

Safaricom stock has crazy demand from international investors and local institutions. I once shorted the stock convinced I would buy it back cheaper and proceeded to lose my shirt. I learnt from that experience to NEVER bet against Safaricom stock.

Too bad the price has bounced back so soon. I had plans to buy it by bucketloads sub 30 and was not finished. I bought all the way from 23, 25, 26, 29.50.

69% down in last 22 months. What's the bottom?! The stock exchange can humble you. Remember, never rush to lower the skirt.. I speak in code

McGill
#737 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2023 1:34:08 PM

obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

69% down in last 22 months. What's the bottom?! The stock exchange can humble you. Remember, never rush to lower the skirt.. I speak in code

I thought I was getting a very good deal at ksh24
obiero
#738 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2023 12:31:37 PM

McGill wrote:
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

I thought I was getting a very good deal at ksh24

If in too deep. Averaging down can be an option

obiero
#739 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 7:13:00 PM

Who would have thought

My 2 cents
#740 Posted : Friday, November 03, 2023 4:40:42 PM

From the price action, I am guessing they will either report markedly reduced earnings and/or no interim dividends when they announce HY24 next Thursday (9th Nov). These things somehow always leak into the market.