wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KENYAN HOSPITALS
dossy7
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:30:45 PM

Hey just to hear your thoughts after watching citizen tv for the past two days and seeing the state our health care system is working i do believe and pray that its time we got a change on how things work.So Rift Valley Provincial Hosp was such a disgust at how they treat taxpayers who deserve proper health care.
can we vouch for a good system? your comments please.
The ministry of medical services we are crying step up your game please.
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
mukiha
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:08:54 PM

Simple: make me President of the Nation and I will decree that all public officers and their families shall only be treated at government hospitals. Anyone going to private ones will be summarily dismissed and the private hospital's license will be cancelled for good...and the doctor who treated them will be de-registered from the KMA.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mukiha
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:10:13 PM

...but I don't think the new constitution would give me such powers....
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Fundaah
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:35:13 PM

I think kenyan doctors should be paid very well first to reduce brain drain .....they should also be encouraged to work for more hours in the public hospitals.... and well compensated for loss of income in private clinics ...

According to Kenya Medical Association (KMA) Kenya has only 600 doctors working in public hospitals in Kenya....serving 40 million kenyansShame on you Shame on you

and that brings the borne of contention on abortion....

assuming a 52% women population 600 doctors dealing with 21 million women....with various health issues .....doesnt is it make sense to include other trained medical professionals ...say to serve a case in Turkana ...where a single nurse serves 9000 people......True not heresay
http://allafrica.com/stories/201007020880.html

Right to life
26. (1) Every person has the right to life.
(2) The life of a person begins at conception.
(3) A person shall not be deprived of life intentionally, except to the extent
authorised by this Constitution or other written law.
(4) Abortion is not permitted unless, in the opinion of a trained health
professional
, there is need for emergency treatment, or the life or health of
the mother is in danger, or if permitted by any other written law.

some civic education

Economic and social rights
(2) A person shall not be denied emergency medical treatment.

Equalisation Fund
204. (1) There is established an Equalisation Fund into which shall be paid one half
per cent of all the revenue collected by the national government each year
calculated on the basis of the most recent audited accounts of revenue
received, as approved by the National Assembly.
(2) The national government shall use the Equalisation Fund only to provide
basic services including water, roads, health facilities, electricity to
marginalised areas to the extent necessary to bring the quality of those
services in those areas to the level generally enjoyed by the rest of the
nation, so far as possible.This will increase the number of dispensaries and nurses to our bros and sis in Turkana
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
dossy7
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:29:37 PM

@Mukiha if you can bring the change then just vie for presidency and show us your blueprint and i will vote for you @fundaah well said but do you think that despite all the thing the govt can still do better than currently?
the most funny thing about the whole issue is that the Ministry has a 3 hotline number which are already mteja except 1 how pathetic
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
jguru
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:30:58 PM

It is time for ObamaCare in Kenya. Or KibakiCare or RailaCare, whichever, whatever! The Kenyan Health Care System needs major reform. 600 doctors registered in Kenya by KMA is a disgrace. What is the role of NHIF in health care? What do ministers Beth Mugo and Ayang Nyongo do in their offices the whole day? Sad. Sad
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.