Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
This man Mwai Kibaki
Angelica _ann
#81 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:29:06 AM

wukan wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Happy 86th birthday!!

Happy birthday indeed!! During his term i used to be 60% in stocks nowadays only 20%

My best investment era, nowadays d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Shak
#82 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:44:59 AM

Happy birthday MK!
Iganamagana
#83 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:29:10 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
washiku wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:
I have duly noted a consistent trend in Kenya. The former Orezo is always praised after they have been shown the door since the acting one is under-performing.

Just analyze it, Moi to Kibz, I remember hearing clearly people stating it was a mistake allowing Kibz into power. Kibz to Uhunye, now we are seeing a change of heart towards Kibz regime. I'm betting 1000% Uhunye akionyeshwa mlango, he'll be praised for the great development he did compared to his successor to be.

This is captures my thoughts exactly. I was trying to put across the same point to some people somewhere else. I remember the first years of Kibaki people really complained about him. The inflation was going up. We even had a discussion in Finance class on why inflation was going up yet we had an economist at the helm. My uncles started complaining saying they preferred Moi coz it seems huyu Kibaki amefungia pesa, ati afadhali Moi hakuwa mchoyo thus pesa was circulating. Didn't we even have very learned people like Ahmednasir saying Kibaki was bad; he only built Thika road because it goes to Central.

Haha i remember the Thika rd issue (btw it was a term 2 project)

Some MP in western asked why central wanaundiwa bararabara za gorofa ilhali wao hawana.

Complaints were there even in second term. Even from Gemans. A lot complaints about him being too quiet

On devpt, one prominent wazuan said doing roads isn't a great deal, that even the wazuan's grandma could do the same

I still rank him the best with Moi as the worst. I would rank Uhuru better than his father

uk bado hajatoka, we will either get to rate him in september 2017, or sptember 2022

September 2022 it is.
Lolest!
#84 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2022 5:55:15 PM

Prof Nyong'o
Quote:
Kibaki was never fussy. You could discern from his rather cynical smile when you had goofed with an issue you had put across rather clumsily. And this was so common in our Cabinet meetings where a minister could talk for a long time not making much sense and the President would just look at him indifferently. He would then move on to the next point without bothering to agree or disagree with the honourable minister.

The economy grew by leaps and bounds under the Kibaki administration because he restored sanity in government, helped put in place sound management of the economy and allowed ministers to do their work while insisting on positive results. A stickler for detail, he never, as far as I can remember, tried to influence minsters’ decisions to favour friends, relatives or business partners.

https://nation.africa/ke...ai-kibaki-i-knew-3792546
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#85 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2022 5:59:17 PM

Quote:
Mirugi Kariuki told me about a security council meeting at State House where one of the members said action should be taken on persons who allegedly were insulting the person of the President and gave then Makadara MP Reuben Ndolo as an example.
He told me that after the meeting, President Kibaki telephoned him to ask who Reuben Ndolo was.
Told who he was, the President had answered: “Must you people bring to the meeting issues about every mad person you meet in the streets?”

https://nation.africa/ke...kSy-vev1bmgCmP_3tYAhjfe4
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray