Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages«<131415
Best Money Market fund in Kenya
aemathenge
#281 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 10:55:58 AM

Ericsson wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Balaa wrote:
Talk is cheap! Just another new broom imagining they'll sweep cleaner. Google for Muthaura's maiden speeches when he assumed office to understand his successor. They're mere toothless watchdogs!

In the days before I "discovered" "Deep State" and "State Capture", I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly.

Today, however, my conspiracy theories mind is running overtime, fast and furious.

Think about it, who in the Board would benefit from such information?

Just a thought. Just a thought.

The chairman of CMA

Quote:
CMA to regulate sale of coffee in war on cartels
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2020 10:29

Coffee trading will now be regulated by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) as the Treasury moves to tame cartels, who have been blamed for diminishing earnings by farmers.

Draft regulations published by Treasury Secretary Ukur Yatani state that coffee trading companies as well as the weekly commodity auction will now be regulated under the Capital Markets Act — a departure from the current situation where the operations are controlled under the Coffee (General) Regulations through the Agriculture and Food Authority’s Coffee Directorate.

The Treasury said the changes to be effected through Section 12(1) of the Capital Markets Act would cover all key coffee trading functions, including licensing of brokers, establishment of companies trading in the commodity, as the establishment of a direct settlement system would guarantee speedy and transparent payment of proceeds from sales.

And in a move aimed at limiting diversion of sales proceeds, the Treasury said a direct settlement system shall be established by a licensed commercial bank competitively selected by a coffee trading company subject to approval from the CMA.
doubletap
#282 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 12:47:45 PM

Good Morning members, could you please share your opinions on Zimele Money Market fund. As we stand today is this the best option [Money Market] short/long term? Is there any fund that compounds on a daily? CIC i know are monthly what about Zimele?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
NewMoney
#283 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 3:27:52 PM

doubletap wrote:
Good Morning members, could you please share your opinions on Zimele Money Market fund. As we stand today is this the best option [Money Market] short/long term? Is there any fund that compounds on a daily? CIC i know are monthly what about Zimele?

CIC Calculates interest daily too.. meaning if you make a deposit in the middle of the month, you will get about half the interest you would have gotten for a full month, yes it is added back to your account at the end of the month if that is what you mean by compounding monthly
Horton
#284 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 4:50:43 PM

NewMoney wrote:
doubletap wrote:

CIC Calculates interest daily too.. meaning if you make a deposit in the middle of the month, you will get about half the interest you would have gotten for a full month, yes it is added back to your account at the end of the month if that is what you mean by compounding monthly

Cytonn adds the interest daily
doubletap
#285 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 6:18:42 PM

Horton wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
doubletap wrote:

@NewMoney yes that was what i was asking when is the compounding done. so far, Cytonn: daily, CIC: monthly, Zimele:??
Think when the compounding is done adds to some lose change and should be considered.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
winmak
#286 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 7:14:02 PM

doubletap wrote:
Horton wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
doubletap wrote:

@NewMoney yes that was what i was asking when is the compounding done. so far, Cytonn: daily, CIC: monthly, Zimele:??
Think when the compounding is done adds to some lose change and should be considered.

All the MMFs do daily compounding, differences are in rates, standing charges and overall company reputation. There is a guy called nashX who’s done some tutorials on this topic exhaustively
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
PeterReborn
#287 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2020 12:03:22 PM

doubletap wrote:

I am a member of both zimele and Sanlam.Zimee has high interest rates and the direct integration with MPESA works like magic.Takes a few days to withdraw cash though.Sanlam offers lower interest rates and are managing a huge portfolio of about 200 Billions.They are very efficient, send monthly reports and i got my money within the same day.
Consistency is better than intensity
snifadog
#288 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2022 7:21:39 PM

Hi guys/gals, been doing some research on the best MMF, I am seeing sanlam and nabo are really good on rates, obvs I am steering clear of cytonn.. Any other solid funds with good rates? tried OM and CIC but their people never pick the phone or pick and never revert with detailed info? can I see the returns info without buying the print dailies? I see Zimele was well regarded on this thread? what is the stanchart shillingi product? a lot of buzz/pr online but no actual info of what it is
NewMoney
#289 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2022 12:16:33 PM

snifadog wrote:
Hi guys/gals, been doing some research on the best MMF, I am seeing sanlam and nabo are really good on rates, obvs I am steering clear of cytonn.. Any other solid funds with good rates? tried OM and CIC but their people never pick the phone or pick and never revert with detailed info? can I see the returns info without buying the print dailies? I see Zimele was well regarded on this thread? what is the stanchart shillingi product? a lot of buzz/pr online but no actual info of what it is

CIC is good, usually about 7.9% after taxes, and their systems are very reliable and automated (deposits, withdraws, interest payments) which is rare in this sector it might be worth it to go their office so as to get a chance to get all your questions answered face to face and establish contact with one of their staff.