obiero
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 8:49:45 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
It is all about the dead market.
Dead market, low enthusiam for stock.
Low traffic into Wazua, low fees for website
Website cannot afford added services etc.

Live feed used to be free,then NSE started charging/selling.

Because of the dead market the NSE needed to diversify their income sources due to reduced commissions on share trading; hence they started charging a lot more for data.

Everything circles back to the dead market.

Expensive live feed data . Even my site could only afford the 45K annual package, for a simple price ticker! www.winda.co.ke

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Jon Jones
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 1:55:35 AM

Admin is too passive. He should pay for that data feed and initiate two threads daily about trending topics.

He/she should appeal to a younger audience. Most of us are dinosaurs Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
ARAPCHARLEE
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 2:00:13 PM

obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=My 2 cents]It is all about the dead market.

Because of the dead market the NSE needed to diversify their income sources due to reduced commissions on share trading; hence they started charging a lot more for data.

Expensive live feed data . Even my site could only afford the 45K annual package, for a simple price ticker! www.winda.co.ke

WELLDONE BRO OBIERO FOR THE GOOD WORK
sparkly
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 5:44:35 PM

obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
It is all about the dead market.

Good stuff @Obiero 👏👏.
Life is short. Live passionately.
My 2 cents
#26 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 5:36:02 PM

Who is watching the carnage in world markets today? Even crypto has been pulled in the rout. I wonder if this too will reach our already dead market too.
Jon Jones
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 12:33:04 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
Who is watching the carnage in world markets today? Even crypto has been pulled in the rout. I wonder if this too will reach our already dead market too.

Contagion is guaranteed.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
Jon Jones
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 12:42:23 AM

I have been thinking. The death of Wazua has coincided with the bear market. However, you already know that. Equity shares have rallied from the 30s to 50s and that still hasn't managed to create a buzz here. I have a different theory.

Wazua died because of the rise of crypto markets. Members exited the NSE (so they did not need Wazua anymore), and joined forums that focused on crypto where all the fun was/is.

Wazua did not evolve with the times. Crypto has sucked traffic from wazua and sucked capital from the NSE.

Kenya was once ranked as a bitcoin maximalist nation where an estimated 8.5% of the population own crypto. All that capital hidden in crypto would be in the NSE today.
McGill
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 8:47:00 AM

Jon Jones wrote:
I have been thinking. The death of Wazua has coincided with the bear market. However, you already know that. Equity shares have rallied from the 30s to 50s and that still hasn't managed to create a buzz here. I have a different theory.

Wazua died because of the rise of crypto markets. Members exited the NSE (so they did not need Wazua anymore), and joined forums that focused on crypto where all the fun was/is.

Wazua did not evolve with the times. Crypto has sucked traffic from wazua and sucked capital from the NSE.

Kenya was once ranked as a bitcoin maximalist nation where an estimated 8.5% of the population own crypto. All that capital hidden in crypto would be in the NSE today.

Crypto and forex
My 2 cents
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 10:28:36 AM

McGill wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Crypto and forex

The average Kenyan, his/her spouse, father, Mother, grandparents, siblings, his/her SACCO, friends etc. are all in buying land. That is where the interest is.