14 Pages«<23456>»
Kitengela the New Runda?
MugundaMan
#61 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 5:48:30 AM

Orly Air Park Kitengela Angel
Jon Jones, hii Runda iko nayo?Laughing out loudly

Tokyo
#62 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 9:40:59 AM

Kitengela should tackle water and access roads challenges. The ever expanding town has more potential. Residents and home owners must increase tree planting to reduce Kitengela dust.
work to prosper
My 2 cents
#63 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 9:49:53 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitengela

Notice how wikipedia describes the population of Kitengela

Quote:
Kitengela is a town in Kajiado County just 30 km (19 mi) south of Nairobi and is part of the Nairobi Metropolitan Area. Kitengela is one of the fastest growing urban areas of Kenya according to census data of 2019, having tripled in population inflows since 2009. It has an urban population of 154,436 people

What am I missing, if anything?Drool

And now I include the parts you missed out...

Kitengela is growing quickly and is expanding with a huge influx of middle class Nairobians...
As Kitengela's middle class population has boomed, so has its wide variety of high end schools and universities to cater to the children of the middle classes......
Kitengela's gated communities for the middle classes include Chuna, Milimani, Royal Gates, New Valley, Muigai Prestige, New World Gardens, Safaricom 1 & 2 estates, Police Sacco Estate, EPZ estate, Fountain View, Riverside, Upper Valley, Kenpipe Gardens, Acacia and many more.
MugundaMan
#64 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 5:33:16 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitengela

Notice how wikipedia describes the population of Kitengela

Quote:
Kitengela is a town in Kajiado County just 30 km (19 mi) south of Nairobi and is part of the Nairobi Metropolitan Area. Kitengela is one of the fastest growing urban areas of Kenya according to census data of 2019, having tripled in population inflows since 2009. It has an urban population of 154,436 people

What am I missing, if anything?Drool

And now I include the parts you missed out...

Kitengela is growing quickly and is expanding with a huge influx of middle class Nairobians...
As Kitengela's middle class population has boomed, so has its wide variety of high end schools and universities to cater to the children of the middle classes......
Kitengela's gated communities for the middle classes include Chuna, Milimani, Royal Gates, New Valley, Muigai Prestige, New World Gardens, Safaricom 1 & 2 estates, Police Sacco Estate, EPZ estate, Fountain View, Riverside, Upper Valley, Kenpipe Gardens, Acacia and many more.

We aleady exhausted this debate on the middle class vs upper class. Please define middle class (dictionary definition) halafu we talk again Drool

Creflo Gardens Kitengela
MugundaMan
#65 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 5:36:51 PM

Tokyo wrote:
Kitengela should tackle water and access roads challenges. The ever expanding town has more potential. Residents and home owners must increase tree planting to reduce Kitengela dust.

I totally agree. I think this is already happening organically as the swarms of gated communities spring up "beyond the bridge."
As soon as Kitengela becomes a municipality (very soon) and KURA funds unlock, the REAL boom will begin. Imagine Old Namanga rd, all the Kitengela CBD feeder roads on both sides and all the slip roads on both sides of Namanga road tarmacked. Mambo kwisha for naysayers at that point Drool

One idea that I am sure, given the creativity and drive of Kitengelans, will soon become a reality is an idea for a KITENGELA GOLF CLUB in the area. Land tuko nayo kwa wingi Drool. Who will take up the challenge to implement?
MugundaMan
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 8:51:13 AM

As an example, this is Acacia, Kitengela. Long term Kitengelans will remember how Acacia was just an arid, forsaken scrubland a few years ago.

As the gated communities come in, they put in base infrastructure and trees. Plot buyers then move in, build lovely mansions and no single one of them does not like trees around their property. They end up planting more and more.

The rest, as they say, is historyDrool In ten years time Kitengela will actually be a leafy urban forest like Muthaiga. Runda kandosmile

MugundaMan
#67 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 8:55:22 AM

Nairobi Baptist Kitengela. To cater to the massive hordes of Nairobians who long fled Nai core to join the swelling middle and upper classes of Kitengela Drool. I would estimate that beyond the bridge, over 85% of Kitengelan homeowners are actually former Nairobians.
MugundaMan
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 7:21:06 PM

Galaxy resort Kitengela.Every single person paid 1000/= to attend this show Drool

MugundaMan
#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 8:05:34 AM

Beautiful Almond Grove, Kitengela. In the posh Milimani suburb "behond the bridge."
cyruskulei
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 12:54:50 PM

This spamming by @mugundaman on kitengela activities/picturs is making this website boring. Do your marketing but with decorum.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

MugundaMan
#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 4:51:14 PM

cyruskulei wrote:
This spamming by @mugundaman on kitengela activities/picturs is making this website boring. Do your marketing but with decorum.

How can a single thread be spam?
And how can beautiful pictures lack decorum?
And who put a gun to your head to force you to keep opening "spam?"

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#72 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 4:59:50 PM

Celeb Alex Mwakideu starts new restaurant in Kitengela. Lakini he should upgrade it kiasi. Looks quite plain by Kitengela standards Drool

https://www.pulselive.co...d-village-video/hq2hn8g

MugundaMan
#73 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 6:51:40 AM

@JonJones, how come he did not invest the good money in Thika?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
New Runda=Kenya's fastest growing town!

Quote:

Cosmas Korir: KSh 208 Million Jackpot Winner Shows Off Impressive Apartments, Lands He Bought

Cosmas Korir received a phone call in 2018 informing him that he had won a mega jackpot worth KSh 208 million He channelled the funds into worthwhile investments, purchasing apartments and pieces of land for himself Cosmas also acquired a hotel for his wife and mother of their three children to empower her financially.

Former parliamentary aspirant from West Pokot Cosmas Korir remembers with nostalgia the phone call from Sportpesa CEO Ronald Karauri that changed his life forever. Cosmas Korir won KSh 208 million jackpot from SportPesa in 2018. Cosmas Korir now owns several apartments, pieces of land, and a hotel.

It was a call that very few people get in their lives; one informing him that he was the jackpot winner of a whopping KSh 208,733,619. Speaking on NTV's Gamblers Paradise - The House Always Wins, Cosmas revealed that he was driving around Bomet when the good news came in.

“I sat on the grass for a while. Even those who were around me kept asking whether or not it was true,” he said.

According to him, the feelings were so overwhelming that even food did not taste the same that evening.

Spending spree

As soon as the money hit his account, Cosmas walked into a car bazaar and drove out in a Toyota Landcruiser V8. “I got it at KSh 12 million, cash money, and it serves me well to date. It has no loan,” he noted. He admits that for a long while, he struggled with making the right decision over what he was going to do with the money. Having grown up in a dilapidated house, Cosmas channelled some KSh 2 million towards constructing a new permanent house in the village.

Investments

As it happened, a friend informed him that there were apartments in Kitengela that were on sale for KSh 50 million, which he quickly purchased and became a landlord. “From the following month, I started earning about KSh 400,000 through rental income,” he expressed. With the investment bug having bitten him, Cosmas went for a second apartment worth KSh 62 million, which started bringing in about KSh 500,000 monthly. Cosmas also bought a hotel for his wife Joyce in Eldoret town, something that empowered her financially, and he is currently putting up his own hotel on a 2-acre land he acquired. Downsides He reveals that the downside of the windfall is that he has become a busy man who is always traversing between Nairobi, Eldoret and Bomet to keep tabs on his investments.

"Most times I am away from my family and children, but I always ensure I create one day every week to spend with them," he underpinned. Cosmas also adds that he received so many calls from people who had become friends all of a sudden to an extend that he had to switch off his phone.

As much as that was meant to guard himself against trying to solve all the requests, which is not possible, it lost him some friends. “If it wasn’t for the jackpot I wouldn’t be here, maybe I’d still be in Bomet,” concluded the father of three. He also advised people to bet wisely and within their means, adding that he never spends more than KSh 500 on betting regardless of how much money it brings back.

Read more: https://www.tuko.co.ke/p...on-jackpot-winner-says/

Jon Jones
#74 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 4:13:24 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
@JonJones, how come he did not invest the good money in Thika?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
New Runda=Kenya's fastest growing town!

Quote:

Cosmas Korir: KSh 208 Million Jackpot Winner Shows Off Impressive Apartments, Lands He Bought

Cosmas Korir received a phone call in 2018 informing him that he had won a mega jackpot worth KSh 208 million He channelled the funds into worthwhile investments, purchasing apartments and pieces of land for himself Cosmas also acquired a hotel for his wife and mother of their three children to empower her financially.

Former parliamentary aspirant from West Pokot Cosmas Korir remembers with nostalgia the phone call from Sportpesa CEO Ronald Karauri that changed his life forever. Cosmas Korir won KSh 208 million jackpot from SportPesa in 2018. Cosmas Korir now owns several apartments, pieces of land, and a hotel.

It was a call that very few people get in their lives; one informing him that he was the jackpot winner of a whopping KSh 208,733,619. Speaking on NTV's Gamblers Paradise - The House Always Wins, Cosmas revealed that he was driving around Bomet when the good news came in.

“I sat on the grass for a while. Even those who were around me kept asking whether or not it was true,” he said.

According to him, the feelings were so overwhelming that even food did not taste the same that evening.

Spending spree

As soon as the money hit his account, Cosmas walked into a car bazaar and drove out in a Toyota Landcruiser V8. “I got it at KSh 12 million, cash money, and it serves me well to date. It has no loan,” he noted. He admits that for a long while, he struggled with making the right decision over what he was going to do with the money. Having grown up in a dilapidated house, Cosmas channelled some KSh 2 million towards constructing a new permanent house in the village.

Investments

As it happened, a friend informed him that there were apartments in Kitengela that were on sale for KSh 50 million, which he quickly purchased and became a landlord. “From the following month, I started earning about KSh 400,000 through rental income,” he expressed. With the investment bug having bitten him, Cosmas went for a second apartment worth KSh 62 million, which started bringing in about KSh 500,000 monthly. Cosmas also bought a hotel for his wife Joyce in Eldoret town, something that empowered her financially, and he is currently putting up his own hotel on a 2-acre land he acquired. Downsides He reveals that the downside of the windfall is that he has become a busy man who is always traversing between Nairobi, Eldoret and Bomet to keep tabs on his investments.

"Most times I am away from my family and children, but I always ensure I create one day every week to spend with them," he underpinned. Cosmas also adds that he received so many calls from people who had become friends all of a sudden to an extend that he had to switch off his phone.

As much as that was meant to guard himself against trying to solve all the requests, which is not possible, it lost him some friends. “If it wasn’t for the jackpot I wouldn’t be here, maybe I’d still be in Bomet,” concluded the father of three. He also advised people to bet wisely and within their means, adding that he never spends more than KSh 500 on betting regardless of how much money it brings back.

Read more: https://www.tuko.co.ke/p...on-jackpot-winner-says/

I don't want to waste time arguing with a robot from dustbowl. Not today Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
MugundaMan
#75 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 5:34:20 PM

@JonJones but you've been arguing with the DC robot since this thread began, so what's new? Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#76 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 5:39:40 PM

I told you guys. Sio MM anamanufacture hizi FACTSLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . Even if you do not like him, kindly just acknowledge FACTS because they are value-neutral. Thinking emotionally takes one nowhere.

https://www.kbc.co.ke/re...airobi-most-profitable/

Quote:

Fourteen satellite towns surrounding Nairobi City have emerged as the best performing markets for land investment with returns outstripping those within the capital’s suburbs areas.

According to Hass Land Index for the fourth quarter of the year ending December 2021, if you investment Kshs. 1 million in the 14 satellite towns in 2007, the land would be worth Kshs. 9.16 million today, Kshs. 6.32 million if invested in 18 suburbs within Nairobi and Kshs. 2.46 million if invested in property.

Investor would also earn Kshs. 3.13 million more if they invested the same amount in bonds and Kshs. 1.48 million if invested in savings and a paltry Kshs. 0.35 million return if invested in equities.

The fourteen satellite towns which include Athi River, Juja, Kiambu, Kiserian, Kitengela, Limuru, Mlolongo, Ngong, Ongata Rongai, Ruaka, Ruiru, Syokimau, Thika and Tigoni have had land values increase 9.61 fold since December 2007 compared to Nairobi suburbs where land values have increased only 6.32 fold despite being priciest.

The report indicate that the average value for land has gone from Kshs. 2.4 million in December 2007 to Kshs. 23.5 million in December 2021.

Ruaka has the highest land value where an acre will cost you an average of Kshs. 89.1 million followed by Kiambu town with Kshs. 39.3 million, Mlolongo Kshs. 31.4 million and Ruiru Kshs. 26.9 million.

Nairobi-18 suburbs which include Donholm, Gigiri, Karen, Kileleshwa, Kilimani, Kitisuru, Langata, Lavington, Loresho, Muthaiga, Nyari, Parklands, Ridgeways, Riverside, Runda, Spring Valley, Upperhill and Westlands have had the average value for an acre of land go up from Kshs. 30.3 million in December 2007 to Kshs. 191.1 million in December 2021.

HassConsult Head of Development Consulting and Research Sakina Hassanali has however noted that that the Kilimani suburb continues to cool as investors go slow on the area due to uncertainty on whether the present infrastructure will support the new wave of developments the area is now attracting, thus weakening its appeal.

“A few years ago, it was the exception for a residential building to have a lift but today it is the norm. The new developments are high density units including studio apartments which is a shift from the ample apartments and detached houses that the characterized the suburb a decade ago and it is not clear if the present infrastructure will adequately cater for all stock coming through,” said Hassanali.

Land prices in Kilimani recorded an annual drop of 1.1% drop with an acre now averaging Kshs. 409.4 million.

Spring Valley is the best performing suburb over the quarter and annually with land prices recording a 5.6% and 10% increase respectively as an acre now averages Kshs. 191.9 million.

Upperhill which has had price of an acre increase 1.78 fold within 10 years is the most expensive suburb at Kshs. 507.6 million per acre followed by Westlands with an acre costing an average of Kshs. 428.5 million after a 1.84 fold increase within a decade.

MugundaMan
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2022 9:12:16 AM

Lerruat Lodge south of Kitengela. It's like being in the Swiss Alpssmile

Jon Jones, Tony Stark na My 2 Cents, mumenyamaza sana Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#78 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2022 8:13:34 AM

My dear mblathees. Ask yourselves why Kitengela is OVERREPRESENTED in this list? Is it by accident. Mbona Thika features nowhere here @JonJones? Laughing out loudly
As I said before. It's not MM building these peoples' palatial homes in Kitengela.
Jiulize why, why why are they moving there.
Once you lose the emotions, one day mtasema MM was right all along.
By that time it might too late with an acre going for 100m beyond the bridge
Invest in Kitengela NOWW NOWW NOWWW or forever gnash teeth in BITTER REGRET!

Quote:
Palatial Homes Owned by Top Media Personalities

SOURCE: https://www.kenyans.co.k...ia-personalities-photos

Kenyan media personalities, especially those who have been around for a long time, earn good salaries and allowances.

Their hefty perks is evidenced by the pristine cars they drive, fashionable clothes they wear and exquisite houses they own and live in. They spare no cost when it comes to rewarding themselves.

Over the few years, a number of journalists have stopped living in rented houses and built or bought homes in some of the most prime estates in the country.

Kenyans.co.ke takes a look at local media personalities who own palatial homes in different parts of the country.

Oga Obinna

Former Churchill Show comedian, renowned emcee and Kiss FM presenter Oga Obinna, owns a two-bedroom house on the outskirts of Kisumu town.

He began putting up the house in 2017 and completed it in December 2019. He then held a house-warming party to celebrate the opening.

In June 2021, Obinna reportedly acquired a piece of land in Kitengela and started constructing another house. He plans to relocate to the house later this year when the construction work is done.
Nation FM presenter Oga Obinna poses for a photo in front of his house in Maseno, Kisumu County.
Nation FM presenter Oga Obinna poses for a photo in front of his house in Maseno, Kisumu County.

Linus Kaikai

Citizen TV's Director of Strategy and Innovation, Linus Kaikai, owns a lavish two-storey mansion in Rongai, Kajiado County.

Kaikai's homestead has a well-manicured lawn, a gatekeeper's court and a vegetable farm within the compound.

Kaikai, who served as the General Manager at NTV until February 2018, has another house in the countryside that he put up in 2010.
An undated image of Linus Kaikai's house in Rongai, Kajiado County.
An undated image of Linus Kaikai's house in Rongai, Kajiado County.

Massawe Jappani

Radio Jambo presenter Massawe Jappani has a beautiful home in Kitengela, Kajiado County where she lives with her husband and children.

Massawe, who has previously worked for Q FM and Milele FM, is arguably one of the most sought after Swahili presenters in the country.

As such, it does not come as a surprise that she owns a palatial two-storey mansion with her husband Tom Jappani, who is the head of Radio Maisha.

She moved into the house in 2015 and has been staying there since then. According to reports, the couple has another house in the countryside.
An undated image of Massawe Jappani's house in Kitengela, Kajiadi County.
An undated image of Massawe Jappani's house in Kitengela, Kajiadi County.

Jalang'o

Kiss FM presenter Felix Odiwuor, alias Jalang'o, who has announced his intention to vie for the Lang'ata parliamentary seat, has more than three houses.

Jalang'o, who is one of the, if not the, leading breakfast show radio hosts in Kenya, has houses in Siaya, Kitengela, Kisumu and Nairobi.

During a recent interview, the media personality revealed that he spent more than Ksh5 million to build the magnificent house in his Saiya rural home.
Jalang'o and his wife Amina Chao pose for a photo in front of their Siaya home.
Jalang'o and his wife Amina Chao pose for a photo in front of their Siaya home.

Alex Mwakideu

Just like his friend Jalang'o, Alex Mwakideu, Head of Radio at Milele FM, owns several homes across the country and this does not come as a surprise since he has been a presenter for more than a decade.

He also has another house in Kitengela, Kajiado County. He has been documenting the progress on a show dubbed #JengaNa AlexNaJalas which aired on YouTube.

The radio presenter later gave his fans an update on the house in August 2021 and at the time, it was nearing completion with only final touches remaining.

An undated image of Alex Mwakideu posing for a photo in front of his house.

Janet Mbugua

Former Citizen TV news anchor, Janet Mbugua, owns a house in one of Nairobi's leafy suburbs where she resides with her family.

Her fans got a rare chance to see her elegant mansion after Betty Kyallo featured her in an episode of the Up Close With Betty show.

Janet, a mother of two, has a beautiful home that complements her status as a media personality who has made significant achievements over the years, including working for an international media house.
Betty Kyallo interviewing former Citizen TV anchor Janet Mbugua on her porch in 2019.
Betty Kyallo interviewing former Citizen TV anchor Janet Mbugua on her porch in 2019.

Julie Gichuru

Former Citizen TV anchor Julie Gichuru and her husband Sam have a beautiful home in one of Nairobi's posh estates.

The house, which was built in 2013, reportedly has four bedrooms, a vibrantly green lawn, and a servants' quarters.

After resigning from Royal Media Services (RMS), Julie took up a job at Mastercard Foundation where she serves as the Head of Public Affairs and Communications.
An undated image of Julie Gichuru's house.
An undated image of Julie Gichuru's house.

My 2 cents
#79 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2022 3:40:11 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

Lerruat Lodge south of Kitengela. It's like being in the Swiss Alpssmile

Jon Jones, Tony Stark na My 2 Cents, mumenyamaza sana Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I was in Lerruat last week actually. Work meeting. It was nice but NOT exceptional. The natural views were stunning though.
I was appalled that right next to them is a huge mining operation that is digging up massive holes in the landscape. Seriously this country needs to amend land use laws. That mining operation seriously pulls down the value of Lerruat.

Back to Kitengela, the place - on the journey to Lerruat we traversed through much of Kitengela. This is what you call Runda Shame on you
I have no doubt that there are some good spots in Kitengela but what I saw is NOT the next Runda - not anywhere close.
My 2 cents
#80 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2022 3:44:18 PM

I contemplated taking pictures of the not so nice parts of Kitengela to post here but did not want to be insensitive to members who call Kitengela home.