Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<763764765766767>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#15281 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2021 8:36:39 PM

kmucheke wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
My position remains that instead of signing pacts with insolvent SAA, GOK should lobby other EAC countries to form a public regional airline.

sparkly wrote:
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.

Egos. Everyone wants their own airline. TZ and UG have refused to learn from KQ. The smart ones are RW who roped in Qatar as the Sugar Daddy who is also financing the new airport.

Yes RwandaAir seems to have learnt after making losses year after year and having a high CEO turnover rate.

They sold their soul. National pride is a serious thing, ask the USA

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#15282 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2021 10:10:51 PM

obiero wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
My position remains that instead of signing pacts with insolvent SAA, GOK should lobby other EAC countries to form a public regional airline.

sparkly wrote:
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.

Egos. Everyone wants their own airline. TZ and UG have refused to learn from KQ. The smart ones are RW who roped in Qatar as the Sugar Daddy who is also financing the new airport.

Yes RwandaAir seems to have learnt after making losses year after year and having a high CEO turnover rate.

None of their airlines is owned by the state/Federal government
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#15283 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2021 7:40:54 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

sparkly wrote:

You are an intelligent investor so you must know about the state support via subsidy https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52101665

VituVingiSana
#15284 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2021 9:37:18 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

sparkly wrote:

You are an intelligent investor so you must know about the state support via subsidy https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52101665
What @Ericsson said was None of their airlines is owned by the state/Federal government
*I will qualify and say no commercial airline since that's the thrust of this discussion.
The US airlines were forced into loss-making by the travel bans. Even SWA felt the pain.
To that extent - travel ban - I feel for KQ too but KQ's problems predate COVID. Losses since 2012.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#15285 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2021 10:48:05 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

sparkly wrote:

What @Ericsson said was None of their airlines is owned by the state/Federal government
*I will qualify and say no commercial airline since that's the thrust of this discussion.
The US airlines were forced into loss-making by the travel bans. Even SWA felt the pain.
To that extent - travel ban - I feel for KQ too but KQ's problems predate COVID. Losses since 2012.

Well, PPP was shot down. Now you and fellow Kenyans will have to buy my shares .. I repeat, national pride is key. Bailouts are about saving face. USA did it, Kenya will do it

snifadog
#15286 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2021 10:41:45 AM

I can't believe captain @obiero is still going on about his KQ shares. suggest to just write it off, take it out of your signature and move on. lesson learnt.. state companies issa bad bad idea. losses tupu
sparkly
#15287 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2021 6:11:06 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

sparkly wrote:

Well, PPP was shot down. Now you and fellow Kenyans will have to buy my shares.. I repeat, national pride is key. Bailouts are about saving face. USA did it, Kenya will do it

We are broke 😔
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#15288 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2021 8:27:38 PM

snifadog wrote:
I can't believe captain @obiero is still going on about his KQ shares. suggest to just write it off, take it out of your signature and move on. lesson learnt.. state companies issa bad bad idea. losses tupu

GoK will pay up. There’s no escaping this. Remember there’s a guarantee by KQLC. Money is on the way

sparkly
#15289 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2021 7:54:38 AM

obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

GoK will pay up. There’s no escaping this. Remember there’s a guarantee by KQLC. Money is on the way

Hopium
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#15290 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2021 12:41:00 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

Hopium

Why you wanna count my money! Sipangwingwi

maka
#15291 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2021 1:38:50 PM

obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

2027... Hang in there bro.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#15292 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2021 7:17:56 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

2027... Hang in there bro.

A 60 month bond? Tutangoja kaka Maka

VituVingiSana
#15293 Posted : Monday, December 06, 2021 9:42:28 AM

obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

KQLC might be paid by GoK but minorities will probably not and should not.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#15294 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 7:07:07 AM

Cruising at 32,000 feet above sea level https://www.businessdail...khartoum-flights-3648246

Ericsson
#15295 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 9:45:56 AM

[quote=obiero]Cruising at 32,000 feet above sea level https://www.businessdail...hartoum-flights-3648246[/quote]

Higher revenue equals to much higher expenses and losses widening.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#15296 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 11:24:39 AM

Ericsson wrote:
[quote=obiero]Cruising at 32,000 feet above sea level https://www.businessdail...hartoum-flights-3648246[/quote]

Higher revenue equals to much higher expenses and losses widening.

Recall the reduction in pilots per flight to Asia, plus HOTAC cuts on the back of vastly improved OTP. The bird is in the air

maka
#15297 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2021 6:42:29 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

KQLC might be paid by GoK but minorities will probably not and should not.

possunt quia posse videntur
My 2 cents
#15298 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2021 6:54:23 PM

They should just go ahead and nationalise KQ. That's the only option to keep KQ going. It will operate at a perpetual loss for years to come; only the state can do this at tax payers expense.
VituVingiSana
#15299 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2021 12:56:16 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
They should just go ahead and nationalise KQ. That's the only option to keep KQ going. It will operate at a perpetual loss for years to come; only the state can do this at tax payers expense.

No, GoK should NOT nationalize KQ. Let it die and a "New KQ" can take over the old KQ minus the debts.
Kausha
#15300 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2021 8:47:04 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

No, GoK should NOT nationalize KQ. Let it die and a "New KQ" can take over the old KQ minus the debts.

Refer to SAA and some of the America Airlines for the eventual end point!