wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Auctions website
deadpoet
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 3:35:29 PM

Thinking out loud, but these auctioneers should put up websites that allow people to bid for properties/cars/furniture, etc. remotely. There are so many auctions these days.
sparkly
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 4:06:09 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Thinking out loud, but these auctioneers should put up websites that allow people to bid for properties/cars/furniture, etc. remotely. There are so many auctions these days.

https://www.eauqtion.com/

This one is by a good friend of mine. They are doing brisk business.
Life is short. Live passionately.
deadpoet
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 6:51:18 AM

Good plug, but it seems to focus on salvages only.
sparkly
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 12:06:01 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Good plug, but it seems to focus on salvages only.

1. He is not a court sanctioned auctioneer, he works directly with asset owners to auction the assets;
2. Court sanctioned auctioneers may be limited from doing online auctions by the Auctioneers Regulations.
Life is short. Live passionately.
deadpoet
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 1:18:18 PM

Once again, regulations standing in the way of progress. I read somewhere that auctioneers are struggling to offload assets because they legally can't go below a certain price.

Either way, shows that there's a market for online auctions. Partnering with banks could be another avenue.
simonkabz
#6 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 9:15:41 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Once again, regulations standing in the way of progress. I read somewhere that auctioneers are struggling to offload assets because they legally can't go below a certain price.

Either way, shows that there's a market for online auctions. Partnering with banks could be another avenue.

You make it sound like auctions are wedding parties full of song and dance for everybody.... Auctions kill dreams, even kill people in real life, pun intended!!.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
deadpoet
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:07:10 AM

simonkabz wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

You make it sound like auctions are wedding parties full of song and dance for everybody.... Auctions kill dreams, even kill people in real life, pun intended!!.

Is there a market for online auctions - yay or nay?

Apologies for sounding cavalier, but nature is red in tooth and claw. Would you have someone pay full price for something when an equivalent can be sourced cheaper at an auction? Someone's loss is nearly always somebody's else's win.
radio
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:44:14 PM

McGill
#9 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 7:57:09 PM

deadpoet wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

Apologies for sounding cavalier, but nature is red in tooth and claw. Would you have someone pay full price for something when an equivalent can be sourced cheaper at an auction? Someone's loss is nearly always somebody's else's win.

I think you should go for it. Anza tu polepole. I think iko na chance ya kuwork out.
cyruskulei
#10 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2021 12:53:48 PM

McGill wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

I think you should go for it. Anza tu polepole. I think iko na chance ya kuwork out.

I have been participating in auctions since 2005 and i must tell you the crooks there are on another level. Though once you have aquinted well over time with each other you become ONE. But its a good place to get low priced items at your own risk.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Angelica _ann
#11 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2021 1:42:02 PM

cyruskulei wrote:
McGill wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

I have been participating in auctions since 2005 and i must tell you the crooks there are on another level. Though once you have aquinted well over time with each other you become ONE. But its a good place to get low priced items at your own risk.

What are some of the crooked ways?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
deadpoet
#12 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2021 6:34:13 PM

Came across this channel back when I was researching the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/...C5l7q4z3eWBrnkrPfXhZVNg

Interesting to watch if you are bored at work.