wazua Fri, Dec 3, 2021
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

765 Pages«<762763764765>
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Zichi
#15261 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 8:06:57 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 5/24/2017
Posts: 42
Cargo ops in DRC will not be on the Embraer, but on the 737 freighter. And, the rights are between South Africa and DRC.
Embraers have been wet leased to boost Congo air Capacity. The two 5YFFL/FFM are the ones Sebastian brought in to replace the damaged ones.
This should help reduce monthly maintenance bill for idle planes.
maka
#15262 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 9:11:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,495
Location: Nairobi
Zichi wrote:
Cargo ops in DRC will not be on the Embraer, but on the 737 freighter. And, the rights are between South Africa and DRC.
Embraers have been wet leased to boost Congo air Capacity. The two 5YFFL/FFM are the ones Sebastian brought in to replace the damaged ones.
This should help reduce monthly maintenance bill for idle planes.



Well noted...
possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#15263 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 3:24:47 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/29/2016
Posts: 897
Location: Nairobi
Zichi wrote:
Cargo ops in DRC will not be on the Embraer, but on the 737 freighter. And, the rights are between South Africa and DRC.
Embraers have been wet leased to boost Congo air Capacity. The two 5YFFL/FFM are the ones Sebastian brought in to replace the damaged ones.
This should help reduce monthly maintenance bill for idle planes.



It is possible for KQ to utilise the two planes instead of sending them to DRC. There are routes which need to be reactivated but the commercial and the overall management is totally not capable. We are in a post-Covid environment where things are picking up, the world is now starting to live with Covid. UK just removed Kenya from the red list. What are the implications? You need to build the connecting passengers by opening the routes in Africa in order for the routes to Europe to be viable.

There is either something wrong with the Management in terms of their capability skills to run an Airline or they are serving partisan interests. Look at what the other Airlines are doing right now and they are all in a cash strapped status but they are ramping up operations.

ET fleet are all being flown. Their aircraft utilisation rates is just mind boggling. They have reactivated 99.9% of their fleet except a few Q400. The management knows exactly what need to be done - utilise planes - build connecting traffic via Addis.
Swenani
#15264 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 5:11:15 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 13,220
Location: Vacuum
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
muandiwambeu
#15265 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 8:02:49 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/28/2015
Posts: 1,243
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#15266 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 6:11:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,996
Location: nairobi
muandiwambeu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass

Consolidation is happening even in the banking industry but when airlines embark on the same strategy we draw the line?
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,000 ABP 6.45
Swenani
#15267 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 11:06:23 AM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 13,220
Location: Vacuum
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass

Consolidation is happening even in the banking industry but when airlines embark on the same strategy we draw the line?


Like Dubai bank and imperial bank consolidating?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
maka
#15268 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:32:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,495
Location: Nairobi
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass

Consolidation is happening even in the banking industry but when airlines embark on the same strategy we draw the line?


Like Dubai bank and imperial bank consolidating?


Shida...

possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#15269 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 6:40:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/29/2016
Posts: 897
Location: Nairobi
maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass

Consolidation is happening even in the banking industry but when airlines embark on the same strategy we draw the line?


Like Dubai bank and imperial bank consolidating?


Shida...



Public relations stunts by the CEO. If he was serious enough, we should have seen him adding KQ flights out of JNB to take advantage of SAA's predicament i.e. when they ceased operations in 2020.

He did nothing at all only to emerge and sign some imaginary things like pan african airline. Ethiopian is already a pan african airline.



obiero
#15270 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 7:28:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,996
Location: nairobi
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass

Consolidation is happening even in the banking industry but when airlines embark on the same strategy we draw the line?


Like Dubai bank and imperial bank consolidating?

Yes. Small is bad. That's why Chase was bought by SBM. NBK was bought by KCB. JBB bought by COOP
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,000 ABP 6.45
obiero
#15271 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 7:30:49 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,996
Location: nairobi
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass

Consolidation is happening even in the banking industry but when airlines embark on the same strategy we draw the line?


Like Dubai bank and imperial bank consolidating?


Shida...



Public relations stunts by the CEO. If he was serious enough, we should have seen him adding KQ flights out of JNB to take advantage of SAA's predicament i.e. when they ceased operations in 2020.

He did nothing at all only to emerge and sign some imaginary things like pan african airline. Ethiopian is already a pan african airline.




Imagine KQ, SAA and FlyET as one large carrier
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,000 ABP 6.45
maka
#15272 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 9:44:15 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,495
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass

Consolidation is happening even in the banking industry but when airlines embark on the same strategy we draw the line?


Like Dubai bank and imperial bank consolidating?


Shida...



Public relations stunts by the CEO. If he was serious enough, we should have seen him adding KQ flights out of JNB to take advantage of SAA's predicament i.e. when they ceased operations in 2020.

He did nothing at all only to emerge and sign some imaginary things like pan african airline. Ethiopian is already a pan african airline.




Imagine KQ, SAA and FlyET as one large carrier


Imagine, men washing the dishes
Women gone to work
Then your wife come home drunk on payday
Beat you up, she a making joke
Imagine, women organising
Beauty contest for we
And a some hard fool fellas like me
Walking 'cross the stage in a bikini, imagine...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#15273 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2021 9:53:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,996
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
KQ and SAA form a pan african alliance Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Pass

Consolidation is happening even in the banking industry but when airlines embark on the same strategy we draw the line?


Like Dubai bank and imperial bank consolidating?


Shida...



Public relations stunts by the CEO. If he was serious enough, we should have seen him adding KQ flights out of JNB to take advantage of SAA's predicament i.e. when they ceased operations in 2020.

He did nothing at all only to emerge and sign some imaginary things like pan african airline. Ethiopian is already a pan african airline.




Imagine KQ, SAA and FlyET as one large carrier


Imagine, men washing the dishes
Women gone to work
Then your wife come home drunk on payday
Beat you up, she a making joke
Imagine, women organising
Beauty contest for we
And a some hard fool fellas like me
Walking 'cross the stage in a bikini, imagine...

Imagine https://www.businessdail...nal-airline-2023-3630180
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,000 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#15274 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 8:03:19 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 8,004
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
My position remains that instead of signing pacts with insolvent SAA, GOK should lobby other EAC countries to form a public regional airline.

sparkly wrote:
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.


Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#15275 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 9:14:43 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,495
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
My position remains that instead of signing pacts with insolvent SAA, GOK should lobby other EAC countries to form a public regional airline.

sparkly wrote:
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.





I am with you on this....
possunt quia posse videntur
HaMaina
#15276 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 2:23:02 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 843
CMA bars ailing companies from share buybacks
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#15277 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 8:53:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,996
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
My position remains that instead of signing pacts with insolvent SAA, GOK should lobby other EAC countries to form a public regional airline.

sparkly wrote:
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.





I am with you on this....

A threesome
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,000 ABP 6.45
maka
#15278 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2021 9:00:19 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,495
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
My position remains that instead of signing pacts with insolvent SAA, GOK should lobby other EAC countries to form a public regional airline.

sparkly wrote:
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.





I am with you on this....

A threesome


Smh...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#15279 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2021 11:57:44 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,637
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
My position remains that instead of signing pacts with insolvent SAA, GOK should lobby other EAC countries to form a public regional airline.

sparkly wrote:
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.


Egos. Everyone wants their own airline. TZ and UG have refused to learn from KQ. The smart ones are RW who roped in Qatar as the Sugar Daddy who is also financing the new airport.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kmucheke
#15280 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2021 12:38:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/16/2019
Posts: 278
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
My position remains that instead of signing pacts with insolvent SAA, GOK should lobby other EAC countries to form a public regional airline.

sparkly wrote:
East African Community members need to rethink their aviation sectors or thier dreams of connecting the world and national pride will remain unachievable.

EAC has a fleet size of 60 planes flying to 89 destinations (Kenya 40-53; Rwandaair 12-23; Tanzania 8-13) Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan do not have national carriers. EAC stats are dwarfed regionally by Ethiopian Airlines which has a fleet of 112 flying 125 passenger and 40 cargo destinations.

Compared to international Middle Eastern "competitors" flying regionally like Emirates (258 planes, 158 destinations) and Turkish (336 planes, 304 destinations) EAC carriers are really puny.

Debt ladden EAC carriers (where they exist) are playing in the village league under delusion that they are competing with international counterparts. Only collaborative effort will lead to meaningful impact in the sector. EAC member countries should dissolve their airlines and form an East African Airline (Call it Safari Airlines). Countries without their own airlines like Uganda and Burundi should invest in the new East African Airline.

A collaborative East African Airline will have monopoly in East & Central Africa, challenge the regional giants based on bigger capital base and economies of scale.


Egos. Everyone wants their own airline. TZ and UG have refused to learn from KQ. The smart ones are RW who roped in Qatar as the Sugar Daddy who is also financing the new airport.

Yes RwandaAir seems to have learnt after making losses year after year and having a high CEO turnover rate.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
765 Pages«<762763764765>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2021 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.