wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<2728293031>»
KCB 2018 and Beyond
Ericsson
#561 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 7:55:24 PM

https://ke.kcbgroup.com/...laire-du-rwanda-plc-bpr

KCB Group completes acquisition of BPR Rwanda for ksh.4.6 billion ($42.4mn).
Integration with KCB Rwanda to start and the merged entity will be called BPR
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#562 Posted : Thursday, September 02, 2021 2:46:38 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://ke.kcbgroup.com/about-us/news-room/business/kcb-group-plc-completes-acquisition-of-banque-populaire-du-rwanda-plc-bpr

KCB spends Sh6.3bn to buy Rwanda bank
KCB Group spent Sh6.3 billion to acquire Banque Populaire du Rwanda Plc (BPR) from London-listed Atlas Mara Limited and other investors.
Atlas Mara received $33 million (Sh3.6 billion)for its 62.06 percent stake in the lender.
Former minority investors of BPR, who owned a combined 37.94 percent equity, got $21.9 million (Sh2.4 billion).
Atlas Mara will get an additional $2.8 million (Sh311 million) which has been deferred.

https://www.businessdail...-buy-rwanda-bank-3534734
My 2 cents
#563 Posted : Saturday, September 04, 2021 9:56:23 PM

I do hope that this acquisition was done at good value. With no access to BPR's balance sheet, I have no way of making this assessment. My hope is that there is no procurement shenanigans in these acqusitions e.g. managemnt and board paying way above value and then together with 'supplier' splitting the difference. The kind of mess that plays out in State Owned Enterprises like KPLC
Ericsson
#564 Posted : Sunday, September 05, 2021 12:11:21 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
I do hope that this acquisition was done at good value. With no access to BPR's balance sheet, I have no way of making this assessment. My hope is that there is no procurement shenanigans in these acqusitions e.g. managemnt and board paying way above value and then together with 'supplier' splitting the difference. The kind of mess that plays out in State Owned Enterprises like KPLC

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement
Interest Income Ksh.2.22bn
Profit before tax ksh 367mn.
Profit after tax Ksh.236.65mn

Balance Sheet
Investment in government securities Ksh.14.22bn
Loans and advances to customers Ksh.20.36bn
Customer deposits Ksh.26.4bn.
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn
Retained earnings Ksh.445mn
Total Assets Ksh 44.496bn.

Net interest income:
YoY Growth of 15.7% on the back of 8.3% growth in Loans and Advances and 13.0% on Government Securities.

Non-Interest Income:
YoY Growth of 17.6% due to increased customer transactions following an improved operating environment post-Covid-19 lockdowns that were in place in H1 of 2020.

Operating Expenses:
Down YoY by 0.8% as a result of ongoing improvements in operational efficiencies and enhanced deployment of technology to serve our customers.

Digital Transformation:
Customer initiated transactions accounts for 53.2% of the total number of transactions compared with 49.4% in June 2020.

PAT:
Down YoY by 0.9% as a result of increased credit related losses(up 262.2%) because of the impact of Covid-19 on the cashflows of many borrowing customers.While Loans and Advances increased by 8.3%, there was an increase in Non-Performing Loans by 67.8% during the period which resulted in an NPL ratio of 7.2% compared with 4.7% in June 2020.

Total Assets:
YoY Growth of 8.7% supported by a 10.8% growth in customer deposits. This demonstrates continued confidence that our customers have in the bank
obiero
#565 Posted : Sunday, September 05, 2021 12:38:07 PM

Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:
YoY Growth of 15.7% on the back of 8.3% growth in Loans and Advances and 13.0% on Government Securities.

Non-Interest Income:
YoY Growth of 17.6% due to increased customer transactions following an improved operating environment post-Covid-19 lockdowns that were in place in H1 of 2020.

Operating Expenses:
Down YoY by 0.8% as a result of ongoing improvements in operational efficiencies and enhanced deployment of technology to serve our customers.

Digital Transformation:
Customer initiated transactions accounts for 53.2% of the total number of transactions compared with 49.4% in June 2020.

PAT:
Down YoY by 0.9% as a result of increased credit related losses(up 262.2%) because of the impact of Covid-19 on the cashflows of many borrowing customers.While Loans and Advances increased by 8.3%, there was an increase in Non-Performing Loans by 67.8% during the period which resulted in an NPL ratio of 7.2% compared with 4.7% in June 2020.

Total Assets:
YoY Growth of 8.7% supported by a 10.8% growth in customer deposits. This demonstrates continued confidence that our customers have in the bank

Seems proper

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ebenyo
#566 Posted : Monday, September 06, 2021 12:16:10 PM

Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

This sound like a good acquisition unless something else which we are not yet aware
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#567 Posted : Monday, September 06, 2021 5:53:27 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

This sound like a good acquisition unless something else which we are not yet aware
Bad debts not shown?
Equity got whacked with bad debts after it bought UML (Uganda) which is why it shied away from acquisitions until DRC.

Though after seeing what happened with Equity in UG, KCB may have done better due diligence and the BNR may have kept an eye on BPR.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#568 Posted : Monday, September 06, 2021 6:18:04 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

Bad debts not shown?
Equity got whacked with bad debts after it bought UML (Uganda) which is why it shied away from acquisitions until DRC.

Though after seeing what happened with Equity in UG, KCB may have done better due diligence and the BNR may have kept an eye on BPR.

In Tanzania BancABC has an asset base of ksh.15bn which they will be acquiring.
Ericsson
#569 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 11:47:06 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://ke.kcbgroup.com/about-us/news-room/business/kcb-group-plc-completes-acquisition-of-banque-populaire-du-rwanda-plc-bpr

Completion of the acquisition process for BancABC in Tanzania is taking too long
obiero
#570 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 5:51:05 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Completion of the acquisition process for BancABC in Tanzania is taking too long

Good things come to those who wait

VituVingiSana
#571 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 9:30:45 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

Bad debts not shown?

Tiny bank. And really tiny when one considers KCB's size.
Even small Sidian has 2x the assets.
What's the game plan for KCB for BancABC in TZ?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#572 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 9:54:58 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

Bad debts not shown?

By consolidating KCB Tanzania with BancABC it will push them to top 10 largest banks in Tanzania.
KCB Tanzania Assets base is about 2x that of BancABC
VituVingiSana
#573 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 11:14:46 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

Bad debts not shown?

By consolidating KCB Tanzania with BancABC it will push them to top 10 largest banks in Tanzania.

So total would be 45-50bn.
BancABC will contribute about 1.5% of its balance sheet.

TZ is tough for most Kenyan banks since they can't get GoT's business which is the largest employer and "business" in TZ.
Ericsson
#574 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 5:31:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

Bad debts not shown?

TZ is tough for most Kenyan banks since they can't get GoT's business which is the largest employer and "business" in TZ.

Yes the total asset base of KCB Tanzania post consolidation would be at that range of ksh.45-50bn

CRDB and NMB are the major players there.
The third largest bank (NBC) is 1/3 the size of NMB which is the second largest
VituVingiSana
#575 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 5:28:49 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

Bad debts not shown?

Yes the total asset base of KCB Tanzania post consolidation would be at that range of ksh.45-50bn

So KCB being #10 in TZ is like Sidian's market share in Kenya! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
NCBA + KCB + I&M + Equity should merge their TZ business to gain some heft! Laughing out loudly

How big is DTB in TZ?
Ericsson
#576 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 8:28:54 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

Bad debts not shown?

So KCB being #10 in TZ is like Sidian's market share in Kenya! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
NCBA + KCB + I&M + Equity should merge their TZ business to gain some heft! Laughing out loudly

How big is DTB in TZ?

As per June 30 2021 financial statements
DTB Tanzania has an asset base of Ksh.64.3bn
It's profit before tax was ksh.133.7mn
obiero
#577 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 6:16:13 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

BPR Half Year 2021
Income Statement

Balance Sheet
Borrowings Ksh.487.43mn

Net interest income:

Non-Interest Income:

Operating Expenses:

Digital Transformation:

PAT:

Total Assets:

Bad debts not shown?

How big is DTB in TZ?

As per June 30 2021 financial statements
DTB Tanzania has an asset base of Ksh.64.3bn
It's profit before tax was ksh.133.7mn

The main aim of most KE banks operating in sister countries is not to be the biggest/topmost banks in the foreign states but to ring fence it's KE diaspora clients businesses

aemathenge
#578 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 8:43:42 AM

Quote of the day:

obiero wrote:
The main aim of most KE banks operating in sister countries is not to be the biggest/topmost banks in the foreign states but to ring fence it's KE diaspora clients businesses

Ericsson
#579 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2021 8:50:02 AM

https://www.businessdail...obi-villa-buyer-3568654

Auctioneers find ex-Nakumatt CEO’s Nairobi villa buyer
Auctioneers have found a buyer for a high-end home repossessed from former chief executive officer of the fallen retail giant Nakumatt, Atul Shah over a Sh2 billion debt.

The KCB Group through Phillips International Auctioneers, said an interested individual had sealed a deal with the lender to take up the four-bedroom villa with a servant’s quarter.

The home in Nairobi’s Lavington was put up for sale in July, barely three months after the High Court dismissed a petition seeking to overturn the forced sale by KCB Group to recover the debt.

“There is an individual who has entered into a deal with the bank to buy the house,” a representative of Phillips International Auctioneers told the Business Daily Thursday declining to give more details.

“The buyer is willing to raise the Sh30 million we were looking for when we floated the house for sale in August.”

The property known as LR No. 5/134 (IR No. 49802) is easily identified as House number 3 located at Elite Gardens Estate in Muthangari.

The title is held on a leasehold interest for a term of 45 years with effect from September 1, 1989.

The property is a four-bedroom villa with a domestic servant quarters and a semi-permanent generator room.
Ericsson
#580 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 10:46:12 PM

https://www.businessdail...ith-tata-africa--3614414