ArrestedDev
#15241 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 1:54:40 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
https://simpleflying.com/ethiopian-boeing-767-freighter-conversion/

Working with IAI, the Ethiopian Airlines Group will establish a 767-300ER passenger-to-freighter conversion program. Commenting on the exciting news, Ethiopian Airlines Group Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, said:

‘’…we have been increasing our cargo capacity in fleet, ground service infrastructure and cargo connectivity network. Accordingly, we are partnering with IAI, one of the global technology leaders in the Aerospace industry, in building a cargo conversion center in our MRO facilities in Addis Ababa Airport.”

GebreMariam adds that this conversion center will begin by converting three Ethiopian Airlines-owned 767-300s.

As it stands KQ doesn't have the cashflow to do anything constructive let alone sustain the operations.

Look at the above results, cargo revenues just rose by 50%. It is a lifeline but they haven't pursued it with the kind of dedication required. If it was to go up by even just 100% then things could have been very different.

Stations like KRT, MPM and the rest should not have been closed totally, some commercial staff should have been retained and tasked to work on cargo and KQ deploys the passenger B737 to serve those destinations.

The B787 converted to freighter, Is it still being used for Cargo or soon required for pax?

I wished KQ management instead of removing seats from this plane just leased an older B767F i.e. ATG converts and leases them to Airlines. Astral just leased a B767-200F from them a few months. I don't know the exact details i.e. the removal of seats was much more cost effective than leasing a dedicated freighter.

The ex-jambo jet B737-300 were leased out. why didn't KQ convert these equipment and ramp up the intra-africa freight business.

Ofcourse there is the vested interests. The people behind Astral installed Allan as the CEO.

The problem with the leadership and politicians in kenya.
No one is working for the benefit of the country or the majority of the population.

Yeah, too much vested interests. What is happening with the B787 which the seats were removed? I did also check plane spotters.com and noticed only one B737-300F is flying and the other one is now parked?

Actually I might be bashing Allan too much. He is trying i.e. recovered land from African Express/ 748 Air - totally blocked them from accessing it? Hopefully he is not doing so only to be sold to the god fathers - Peter Muthoka, Kamwana and Company. I highly suspect he is doing it for his masters to get it sorted before August 2022!

There is a massive silo mentality at that company... Departments not working together nothing serious can come out of this at the moment until this issue is sorted. Allan started well but he is also now taking sides you can clearly see his demeanor has changed. Obviously when you don't have cash/ liquidity there is a lot you cannot do... When you rely on the govt to een pay salaries you cant even have the space to do a few projects.

Unfotunately, that is the reality to be faced by everyone including the employees. However, it is good now that most of the destinations are being resumed in September.

It looks like the land in question that I mentioned is already sold. From the Cashflow statement I can see proceeds from disposal of Property and Equipment.
maka
#15242 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 11:06:41 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Working with IAI, the Ethiopian Airlines Group will establish a 767-300ER passenger-to-freighter conversion program. Commenting on the exciting news, Ethiopian Airlines Group Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, said:

‘’…we have been increasing our cargo capacity in fleet, ground service infrastructure and cargo connectivity network. Accordingly, we are partnering with IAI, one of the global technology leaders in the Aerospace industry, in building a cargo conversion center in our MRO facilities in Addis Ababa Airport.”

GebreMariam adds that this conversion center will begin by converting three Ethiopian Airlines-owned 767-300s.

As it stands KQ doesn't have the cashflow to do anything constructive let alone sustain the operations.

Look at the above results, cargo revenues just rose by 50%. It is a lifeline but they haven't pursued it with the kind of dedication required. If it was to go up by even just 100% then things could have been very different.

Stations like KRT, MPM and the rest should not have been closed totally, some commercial staff should have been retained and tasked to work on cargo and KQ deploys the passenger B737 to serve those destinations.

The B787 converted to freighter, Is it still being used for Cargo or soon required for pax?

I wished KQ management instead of removing seats from this plane just leased an older B767F i.e. ATG converts and leases them to Airlines. Astral just leased a B767-200F from them a few months. I don't know the exact details i.e. the removal of seats was much more cost effective than leasing a dedicated freighter.

The ex-jambo jet B737-300 were leased out. why didn't KQ convert these equipment and ramp up the intra-africa freight business.

Ofcourse there is the vested interests. The people behind Astral installed Allan as the CEO.

No one is working for the benefit of the country or the majority of the population.

Yeah, too much vested interests. What is happening with the B787 which the seats were removed? I did also check plane spotters.com and noticed only one B737-300F is flying and the other one is now parked?

Actually I might be bashing Allan too much. He is trying i.e. recovered land from African Express/ 748 Air - totally blocked them from accessing it? Hopefully he is not doing so only to be sold to the god fathers - Peter Muthoka, Kamwana and Company. I highly suspect he is doing it for his masters to get it sorted before August 2022!

There is a massive silo mentality at that company... Departments not working together nothing serious can come out of this at the moment until this issue is sorted. Allan started well but he is also now taking sides you can clearly see his demeanor has changed. Obviously when you don't have cash/ liquidity there is a lot you cannot do... When you rely on the govt to een pay salaries you cant even have the space to do a few projects.

Unfotunately, that is the reality to be faced by everyone including the employees. However, it is good now that most of the destinations are being resumed in September.

It looks like the land in question that I mentioned is already sold. From the Cashflow statement I can see proceeds from disposal of Property and Equipment.

Most of the routes shelved will take a while before they resume... The results you saw HY will be... So know that the loss will be at least 18Bn....
possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#15243 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2021 3:55:44 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Most of the routes shelved will take a while before they resume... The results you saw HY will be... So know that the loss will be at least 18Bn....

Yes, I can see. Newyork is now down to 2 flights weekly but why reduce the frequency if there is sufficient cargo on the route or why not explore to go via Italy, West Africa e.g. Ghana.

How will you pay the pilots, aircraft lease costs and other operating expenses? Airlines need to fly in order to make money.

https://www.businessdail...-flights-to-two-3540880

maka
#15244 Posted : Tuesday, September 07, 2021 7:29:49 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Yes, I can see. Newyork is now down to 2 flights weekly but why reduce the frequency if there is sufficient cargo on the route or why not explore to go via Italy, West Africa e.g. Ghana.

How will you pay the pilots, aircraft lease costs and other operating expenses? Airlines need to fly in order to make money.

Strategy emanates from the CEOs office... Ebu look for him we ask him. Clueless fellow.
muandiwambeu
#15245 Posted : Thursday, September 09, 2021 10:47:32 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Strategy emanates from the CEOs office... Ebu look for him we ask him. Clueless fellow.

I have heard before, that the dead do fly in the spirits world, but jemeni, why so many willing pilots in the real world offering to fly this ghost out of the spirits world? Are you ready to crossover and enlist? It's seams that the centre titinium ballnuts can not holdd'oh!. The acorn must break for the skunk to enjoy the delicate salvoury mash inside, seams to be the payback and the drive of the the skunks and et al holding this host hostage against ur desires. Are you up to the task. ahead, are u ready to match up against the skunks willpower?
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
maka
#15246 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 8:54:02 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

obiero
#15247 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 11:32:11 AM

Goma now travel ready via Jambojet

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#15248 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 7:24:29 PM

obiero wrote:
Goma now travel ready via Jambojet

Ngunze's stupid mistakes being repeated by Allan. KQ is not in the business of leasing out the planes to other Airlines. They are meant to fly them.

Instead of ramping up services he is offloading the equipment. Airlines across the world are rebuilding their networks. BA resuming NBO, Emirates ramping up South Africa frequencies at the end of October - schedule updated for booking and press release done etc.

The clueless character in Nairobi is releasing a rubbish press release about leasing out planes and covid-19.
ArrestedDev
#15249 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 7:31:21 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Totally useless fellow. The polish CEO was better than this fellow. He will never rebuild the network to where Sebastian got it to.

I found out long ago that Allan is just a stooge planted by the cartels to hold the horses for them.

He understand nothing at all. Seriously, Is he realizing now that there are Cargo opportunities in DRC or he is just trying to fool us so that we don't see the stupid mistakes?

maka
#15250 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 8:21:24 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Totally useless fellow. The polish CEO was better than this fellow. He will never rebuild the network to where Sebastian got it to.

I found out long ago that Allan is just a stooge planted by the cartels to hold the horses for them.

He understand nothing at all. Seriously, Is he realizing now that there are Cargo opportunities in DRC or he is just trying to fool us so that we don't see the stupid mistakes?

Wote wawili ni useless kabisa... How do you expect to push cargo using Embraer's ???

obiero
#15251 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2021 5:02:33 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Wote wawili ni useless kabisa... How do you expect to push cargo using Embraer's ???

I saw a repurposing on two of the 787 to preighters. Hii maneno ya Embraer uwache kutupotosha please. Meanwhile Naikuni remains the main problem of failed KQ recovery, whereby he created bad long term strategy and left a weak corporate culture that takes time to detangle. Changing the fleet composition of any airline is not a piece of cake, and it's often better to work with what is available unless forced to purchase a new line.. Ngunze with benefit of hindsight was too quick in scaling down and stripping of assets, but Sebastian was on the right track and so is Kila https://www.cnn.com/2021...iner-spc-intl/index.html

Ericsson
#15252 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:32:06 AM

https://uzalendonews.co....msalato-airport-project/
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#15253 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2021 6:40:48 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://uzalendonews.co.ke/tanzania-lands-us-329-47-million-loan-for-msalato-airport-project/

Somebody should talk to them

maka
#15254 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 4:56:20 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

You have a Director of Comms , then appoint a Head of Comms? Then you are busy sending other people home plus crying to govt for funds. Absolute f***ery...
My 2 cents
#15255 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 5:27:30 PM

Corporate governance in Kenya is a joke
maka
#15256 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 7:28:40 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

You have a Director of Comms , then appoint a Head of Comms? Then you are busy sending other people home plus crying to govt for funds. Absolute f***ery...

maka
#15257 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 8:35:09 AM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

maka
#15258 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 8:50:13 AM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Check the fleet size.......
ArrestedDev
#15259 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2021 12:59:07 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Instead of using the cash to deploy planes he is hiring a person to feed us with bullshit. There is no reputation to be repaired when you cannot even do the basic things. It will just be seen as it is (bullshit)

I hope the pilots to be deployed to work in DRC will do something. I guess the planes leased were financed by loans from NCBA and Kamwana wants the money to flow in. You might not see it but the bank structure the finance through a special purpose vehicle and monthly lease payments are made in the name of the SPV. He was not signing the agreement for nothing with the DRC president. They are just securing / doing private deals using the tax payers money.

I expected him to appoint experienced General Cargo Manager to build the cargo network and ramp up operations in order to save the airline. KQ holidays is another underutilized subsidiary which can really rake in alot of money. Look at the Airlines lining up to serve Mombasa, Lufthansa started through Euro Wings, KLM just announced they will have a direct operation to Mombasa.

Allan doesn't know what he is doing. I observed long ago.
maka
#15260 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 11:46:45 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Instead of using the cash to deploy planes he is hiring a person to feed us with bullshit. There is no reputation to be repaired when you cannot even do the basic things. It will just be seen as it is (bullshit)

I hope the pilots to be deployed to work in DRC will do something. I guess the planes leased were financed by loans from NCBA and Kamwana wants the money to flow in. You might not see it but the bank structure the finance through a special purpose vehicle and monthly lease payments are made in the name of the SPV. He was not signing the agreement for nothing with the DRC president. They are just securing / doing private deals using the tax payers money.

I expected him to appoint experienced General Cargo Manager to build the cargo network and ramp up operations in order to save the airline. KQ holidays is another underutilized subsidiary which can really rake in alot of money. Look at the Airlines lining up to serve Mombasa, Lufthansa started through Euro Wings, KLM just announced they will have a direct operation to Mombasa.

Allan doesn't know what he is doing. I observed long ago.

Btw that leasing of those planes looks suspect. The timing is very suspect... Kamwana ring fencing their investments. Pretty interesting take.