Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<760761762763764>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
ArrestedDev
#15221 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 4:28:09 AM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:

Mistakes all over...

Results of the consultancy firm engagement. I listed the measures above few months ago.

The planes can be easily utilized but no one within the management can figure out where to deploy.
ArrestedDev
#15222 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 4:38:42 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Waste of time and resources or is it a way for someone to pocket their fee.

Exactly. The management is the biggest impediment followed closely by vested interests.

I said herein that Mckinsey was being paid for nothing. Zero outcome.

Btw McKinsey brought zero... Even those wave thing of theirs no one is using them and in any case most of the project leads have left the company...

The Polish 6 atleast helped with HOTAC they are the ones that came up with that thing for hotels to bid for pax weekly.

Ohhh one of McKinsey's project was changing those plastic pouches for unaccompanied minors from plastic to paper....That is the only thing I can see being operational.

Yeah, it is easy to tell even if you are an outsider. The 'holy' Ngunze was already celebrating the 'successful turnaround' under his watch. What a shameful thing it was? Very incompetent individual being placed at the top of a complex business. My observations regarding Ngunze at that point in time also applies to Mr. Allan Killavuka. He is a clueless stooge planted in KQ just to protect the vested interests. His failure to get the cargo business up to mark during the pandemic is a true testament of his inexperience and poor leadership skills.

Polish 6 had very specific airline experience which is always the pre-requisite to be an Airline Consultant. The same thing applies to the current CEO - he doesn't have the necessary aviation experience and won't listen to Managers with the same in KQ. It is therefore very hard for him to get the business out of the mess it is in.

If they cannot even deploy a B737 across Africa to ferry Cargo then where will they deploy a B787.

Steer Group doesn't have any aviation related experience. The recommendations they will provide to KQ include;

1. Fleet reduction
2. Staff redundancy
3. Network reduction
4. Outsourcing of core operations including maintenance of planes

With the above in mind, this Airline will never compete at all. Court fights with staff will be the order of the day.

Just mark this post, it will come to pass. What KQ requires is an effective leadership.

All here. If we can point out these issues here then what do you think of the People at the helm of KQ?

Allan is not suitable to run this Airline. I pointed out how he failed to take advantage of Cargo Ops during a boom. There is still room to ramp up cargo operations but no one is taking the advantage.

ArrestedDev
#15223 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 4:42:22 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/shipping-logistics/kenya-airways-embraer-sign-deal-t-flying-taxis-in-nairobi-3515046

Useless initiatives by the small brains in KQ. They should concentrate on flying the aircrafts they have fully.

They should manage people at the stations to produce results.
maka
#15224 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 12:30:54 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/shipping-logistics/kenya-airways-embraer-sign-deal-t-flying-taxis-in-nairobi-3515046

Useless initiatives by the small brains in KQ. They should concentrate on flying the aircrafts they have fully.

It will be a feat of sorts if Allan stays longer... Seems like he has given up as well.
possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#15225 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 4:39:56 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

It will be a feat of sorts if Allan stays longer... Seems like he has given up as well.

He should just leave to avoid deepening the crisis with more poor strategies. Could you please confirm there was a memo send to staff as referred to by the writer of the above article?
maka
#15226 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 6:38:10 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

He should just leave to avoid deepening the crisis with more poor strategies. Could you please confirm there was a memo send to staff as referred to by the writer of the above article?

Old circular from last year June. ION

maka
#15227 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2021 5:02:41 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

maka
#15228 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2021 5:42:49 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

obiero
#15229 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2021 8:01:04 PM

Fantastic narrowing of the loss position amidst a pandemic. Long live MJ

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#15230 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2021 8:20:07 PM

obiero wrote:

Still a loss. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
How to zero out the loss.
Declare bankruptcy. Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#15231 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2021 9:25:53 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

We the people. I speak in code

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#15232 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 5:48:14 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

smile

Govt will have to send more money shortly...
VituVingiSana
#15233 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 6:04:28 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

We the people. I speak in code

My friend, just write it off like some of us did for ARM.
You will sleep better.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#15234 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 8:45:15 AM

Gosh had written a long statement seems to have disappeared.

To me the worst bit is how the company is losing properly trained staff. Two of their staff in Lusaka and Ndola have been poached by Qatar...I think only one is remaining plus an outsourced guy... So basically those two stations will have to find new people when operations get back.
So much toxicity, jostling for positions, terrible place to be working... The happy people are those that took VEP... The offer was pretty decent and at least they got their their deferred pay.
Some guy moved from SAB Miller to be a HR Partner didn't even last 6 months...From being one of the best employers to being dog poop. Guess that is the price we pay for corruption.
ArrestedDev
#15235 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 3:14:18 PM

maka wrote:
Gosh had written a long statement seems to have disappeared.

To me the worst bit is how the company is losing properly trained staff. Two of their staff in Lusaka and Ndola have been poached by Qatar...I think only one is remaining plus an outsourced guy... So basically those two stations will have to find new people when operations get back.
So much toxicity, jostling for positions, terrible place to be working... The happy people are those that took VEP... The offer was pretty decent and at least they got their their deferred pay.
Some guy moved from SAB Miller to be a HR Partner didn't even last 6 months...From being one of the best employers to being dog poop. Guess that is the price we pay for corruption.

Leadership is what is ailing this Airline. So many Ex-KQ staff are in Qatar. Smart People wont wait for the indecisive management at KQ to get things moving. Qatar Airways moved into that market since it is totally underserved. Staff jumping ship is not a big issue for a strong leadership. If immigration laws in Zambia allows they can easily send competent people from the Head Office as posted staff to manage the station.

Lagos is a gold mine considering the Nigerian diaspora is really huge. KQ should staff that station with posted staff. QR country manager is a Kenyan called Wambua, an ex-KQ employee the last time I checked and he has done a good job since he was appointed. This gentleman is now the QR South Africa Country Manager.

https://za.linkedin.com/in/isaac-wambua-b2454364
maka
#15236 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2021 11:21:29 AM

https://simpleflying.com...7-freighter-conversion/

Working with IAI, the Ethiopian Airlines Group will establish a 767-300ER passenger-to-freighter conversion program. Commenting on the exciting news, Ethiopian Airlines Group Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, said:

‘’…we have been increasing our cargo capacity in fleet, ground service infrastructure and cargo connectivity network. Accordingly, we are partnering with IAI, one of the global technology leaders in the Aerospace industry, in building a cargo conversion center in our MRO facilities in Addis Ababa Airport.”

GebreMariam adds that this conversion center will begin by converting three Ethiopian Airlines-owned 767-300s.
ArrestedDev
#15237 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2021 5:05:12 PM

maka wrote:
https://simpleflying.com/ethiopian-boeing-767-freighter-conversion/

Working with IAI, the Ethiopian Airlines Group will establish a 767-300ER passenger-to-freighter conversion program. Commenting on the exciting news, Ethiopian Airlines Group Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, said:

‘’…we have been increasing our cargo capacity in fleet, ground service infrastructure and cargo connectivity network. Accordingly, we are partnering with IAI, one of the global technology leaders in the Aerospace industry, in building a cargo conversion center in our MRO facilities in Addis Ababa Airport.”

GebreMariam adds that this conversion center will begin by converting three Ethiopian Airlines-owned 767-300s.

As it stands KQ doesn't have the cashflow to do anything constructive let alone sustain the operations.

Look at the above results, cargo revenues just rose by 50%. It is a lifeline but they haven't pursued it with the kind of dedication required. If it was to go up by even just 100% then things could have been very different.

Stations like KRT, MPM and the rest should not have been closed totally, some commercial staff should have been retained and tasked to work on cargo and KQ deploys the passenger B737 to serve those destinations.

The B787 converted to freighter, Is it still being used for Cargo or soon required for pax?

I wished KQ management instead of removing seats from this plane just leased an older B767F i.e. ATG converts and leases them to Airlines. Astral just leased a B767-200F from them a few months. I don't know the exact details i.e. the removal of seats was much more cost effective than leasing a dedicated freighter.

The ex-jambo jet B737-300 were leased out. why didn't KQ convert these equipment and ramp up the intra-africa freight business.

Ofcourse there is the vested interests. The people behind Astral installed Allan as the CEO.
Ericsson
#15238 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 11:46:13 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

As it stands KQ doesn't have the cashflow to do anything constructive let alone sustain the operations.

Look at the above results, cargo revenues just rose by 50%. It is a lifeline but they haven't pursued it with the kind of dedication required. If it was to go up by even just 100% then things could have been very different.

Stations like KRT, MPM and the rest should not have been closed totally, some commercial staff should have been retained and tasked to work on cargo and KQ deploys the passenger B737 to serve those destinations.

The B787 converted to freighter, Is it still being used for Cargo or soon required for pax?

I wished KQ management instead of removing seats from this plane just leased an older B767F i.e. ATG converts and leases them to Airlines. Astral just leased a B767-200F from them a few months. I don't know the exact details i.e. the removal of seats was much more cost effective than leasing a dedicated freighter.

The ex-jambo jet B737-300 were leased out. why didn't KQ convert these equipment and ramp up the intra-africa freight business.

Ofcourse there is the vested interests. The people behind Astral installed Allan as the CEO.

The problem with the leadership and politicians in kenya.
No one is working for the benefit of the country or the majority of the population.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
ArrestedDev
#15239 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 5:43:40 PM

Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

No one is working for the benefit of the country or the majority of the population.

Yeah, too much vested interests. What is happening with the B787 which the seats were removed? I did also check plane spotters.com and noticed only one B737-300F is flying and the other one is now parked?

Actually I might be bashing Allan too much. He is trying i.e. recovered land from African Express/ 748 Air - totally blocked them from accessing it? Hopefully he is not doing so only to be sold to the god fathers - Peter Muthoka, Kamwana and Company. I highly suspect he is doing it for his masters to get it sorted before August 2022!
maka
#15240 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 10:23:00 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Yeah, too much vested interests. What is happening with the B787 which the seats were removed? I did also check plane spotters.com and noticed only one B737-300F is flying and the other one is now parked?

Actually I might be bashing Allan too much. He is trying i.e. recovered land from African Express/ 748 Air - totally blocked them from accessing it? Hopefully he is not doing so only to be sold to the god fathers - Peter Muthoka, Kamwana and Company. I highly suspect he is doing it for his masters to get it sorted before August 2022!

There is a massive silo mentality at that company... Departments not working together nothing serious can come out of this at the moment until this issue is sorted. Allan started well but he is also now taking sides you can clearly see his demeanor has changed. Obviously when you don't have cash/ liquidity there is a lot you cannot do... When you rely on the govt to een pay salaries you cant even have the space to do a few projects.