wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Facebook-To be banned?
Swenani
#1 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 11:46:38 AM

I might be naive about the impact of social media but after watching Social dilema documentary on nextflic I believe facebook will be banned at some point by governments. Maybe not now or foreseeable future but my naive mind and blue balls tells me that facebook will be banned.

Quote:
Only two organization call their customers " users" illegal drugs & software

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
murchr
#2 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 5:43:07 PM

Your kind of thinking is not new
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mkenyan
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 6:33:42 AM

murchr wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Swenani
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 1:02:33 PM

murchr wrote:

Alaaa!

I still believe facebook will be banned. Though I've read and hear people saying that the next SM which will possibly kill Facebook is one with customised algorithms where users are allowed to choose what to see on their timelines rather than facebook determining what you see.

I hear and read that the current algorithms can bombard you with fake news/misinformation based on your previous searches to the extent that one starts believing the misinformation

Dennis
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
simonkabz
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 4:32:44 PM

Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:

Alaaa!

I still believe facebook will be banned. Though I've read and hear people saying that the next SM which will possibly kill Facebook is one with customised algorithms where users are allowed to choose what to see on their timelines rather than facebook determining what you see.

I hear and read that the current algorithms can bombard you with fake news/misinformation based on your previous searches to the extent that one starts believing the misinformation

Dennis

As in Dennis Itumbi?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
murchr
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 6:53:57 PM

Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:

Alaaa!

Dennis

Keep hearing.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore