wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<5657585960>»
Cytonn Investments
madhaquer
#1141 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 12:00:46 AM

Some rules about investing that I learnt in my short years playing with money.
1. Never count your chicks before they hatch. - You know you made money once you are out of the deal and have done the math. Looking at prices for a stock/product you are still holding doesn't mean that you will get the same on your exit day.
2. Know your place on the table - Minority shareholder means you are hanging on the tailcoats of other decision makers. If they choose to reinvest returns or divest the business, too bad for you.
3. Forget the marketing - What you see is what they want you to see. learn the scuttlebutt technique for any investment worth a substantial sum. If I don't understand how you are making money, then am a fool to be investing.
4. I know my limits - I know at what point I am willing to count an investment/deal over and count my losses. Beyond that limit, it will stress me and I don't need that.

As far a Cytonn is concerned, some people who put in a million, just couldn't stomach losing a million. Some people knew nobody in the organisation yet they believed and based their decision on what some sales staff was coached to tell them. Some people didn't understand the exit points or the lack of them.
Either way, hio ni funzo.
paulkimani
#1142 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 3:16:30 PM

Cytonn says:
“Sale of assets behind schedule” (cos who wants to buy an ugly outdated small flat for millions - its overvalued)
“Client litigation intensified”
“Fund liabilities 14.3 BILLION kshs”
“Current cash we have 21 Million kshs”
(YES MILLION, not Billion)

Link: https://twitter.com/miam...386167409409732611?s=20

Investors say:
“Question is where did our money which was a loan go to? Dande overvalued the Kilimani plot at 1.4billion! Who in his right mind will buy an empty plot of land for 1.4billion now that corruption has greatly been contained”

Link: https://twitter.com/miam...386166170122850304?s=20

paulkimani
#1143 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 3:22:33 PM

Cytonn says an option is to “liquidate the portfolio and best case is YES BEST CASE and that’s according to the ponzi - is it’ll fetch 30% THIRTY PERCENT of the value. BEST CASE. Laughable
obiero
#1144 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 6:07:12 PM

madhaquer wrote:
1. Never count your chicks before they hatch. - You know you made money once you are out of the deal and have done the math. Looking at prices for a stock/product you are still holding doesn't mean that you will get the same on your exit day.
2. Know your place on the table - Minority shareholder means you are hanging on the tailcoats of other decision makers. If they choose to reinvest returns or divest the business, too bad for you.
3. Forget the marketing - What you see is what they want you to see. learn the scuttlebutt technique for any investment worth a substantial sum. If I don't understand how you are making money, then am a fool to be investing.
4. I know my limits - I know at what point I am willing to count an investment/deal over and count my losses. Beyond that limit, it will stress me and I don't need that.

As far a Cytonn is concerned, some people who put in a million, just couldn't stomach losing a million. Some people knew nobody in the organisation yet they believed and based their decision on what some sales staff was coached to tell them. Some people didn't understand the exit points or the lack of them.

Even the way Cytonn was founded, should have been enough a red flag, you cannot steal someone’s wife to make her your own and thereafter expect loyalty

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#1145 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 3:30:45 PM

obiero wrote:
madhaquer wrote:

Even the way Cytonn was founded, should have been enough a red flag, you cannot steal someone’s wife to make her your own and thereafter expect loyalty

This is a disaster ... Waaah
possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#1146 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 4:27:54 PM

Firimbi iki pulizwa Wazua, hold your money close to your chest. It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who has been swimming naked.~ WB
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ali Baba
#1147 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 4:53:21 PM

murchr wrote:
Firimbi iki pulizwa Wazua, hold your money close to your chest. It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who has been swimming naked.~ WB
The guy who was threatening to sue us here for bad mouthing Cytonn, is he still suing??
Angelica _ann
#1148 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 5:16:03 PM

Ali Baba wrote:
murchr wrote:
The guy who was threatening to sue us here for bad mouthing Cytonn, is he still suing??

Cytonn shenanigans was obvious from the beginning. Survival was based on when you exited.

Those caught inside, poleni but with dry tears. smile

Lifetime lessons learnt. smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Mkimwa
#1149 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 5:27:24 PM

Covid has happened, there are not many buyers of apartments at ridiculous prices. Unfinished ones nevertheless.

While the assets may still exist, their value will not appreciate by more than 16% annually (The interest that Cytonn was giving).

The 16% was based on the assumption that Cytonn could develop and sell the apartments in a short time (usually 2 years). When the development and sales cycle is longer than this - the business case collapses because the finance cost eats into the margin significantly.

Any investor who is still hoping for interest payment at 16-20%, compounded is deluded. The business case is no longer valid.

Alma Phase 1 and phase 2 are already sold out. Are the profits from Alma sufficient to retire the finance costs?

Buyers of the properties are also impacted. E.g. if you bought property @the Ridge, there is currently no development going on.
- Have these people being refunded their money?
- Were the monies for the other projects ringfenced to only a specific property? Say if I invested in a project note for the Ridge - can that money be used to finance development at Alma? And If no, what about the sunk costs at The Ridge? I recall they had started development then stopped when things got thick.

Cytonn made a smart move by focussing on developing Alma only. Finish one project before moving on to the next project. Razor sharp focus - and avoids being spread out too thin.

I know people whose funds are in Cytonn. And their development plans are completely messed by the current situation.

I hope this situation is solved in an amicable way. Best way is for Cytonn to seek long term funding and sort dissenting people, the patient ones to wait it out.
murchr
#1150 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 7:04:47 PM

Ali Baba wrote:
murchr wrote:

Wueh! His silence is too loud Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#1151 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 7:08:08 PM

murchr wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:
murchr wrote:

Wueh! His silence is too loud Laughing out loudly

He would be here by now, guns blazing!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
poundfoolish
#1152 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:43:39 AM

paulkimani wrote:
Cytonn says an option is to “liquidate the portfolio and best case is YES BEST CASE and that’s according to the ponzi - is it’ll fetch 30% THIRTY PERCENT of the value. BEST CASE. Laughable

Real Estate is tough everywhere. and if such a move as a special AGM was to be called. That would be the right and proper thing for any firm worth its integrity to do.. Not go hiding like Gakuo and the many others who just disappear with investors money..

But anyway..

Sorry to disappoint you guys...

I dont know how to post an image here.. But from the CEO's Facebook page.

"Today the Cytonn WhatsApp Warrior Analysts must have had a very busy day. I admire the zeal, not sure what you concluded, but sorry to disappoint you... no liquidation, fake new! We shall build great real estate, mpende msipende.
***Stay safe, sanitize, mask up; and dial *809# to invest & withdraw anytime 24/7."

Seems like you have been attending their Saturday sessions to pick some Mucene

Meanwhile, your former sponsor has not released their financial statements for 2020.. Would you know why?
Angelica _ann
#1153 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:50:29 AM

poundfoolish wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Real Estate is tough everywhere. and if such a move as a special AGM was to be called. That would be the right and proper thing for any firm worth its integrity to do.. Not go hiding like Gakuo and the many others who just disappear with investors money..

But anyway..

"Today the Cytonn WhatsApp Warrior Analysts must have had a very busy day. I admire the zeal, not sure what you concluded, but sorry to disappoint you... no liquidation, fake new! We shall build great real estate, mpende msipende.
***Stay safe, sanitize, mask up; and dial *809# to invest & withdraw anytime 24/7."

Meanwhile, your former sponsor has not released their financial statements for 2020.. Would you know why?

However that post by Dande doesn't inspire at all. Lakini ni sawa.
poundfoolish
#1154 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 11:00:29 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

But anyway..

@angelica
You cannot just attend a meeting to pick up some juicy quote and run away with it as a story. I dont hve information, but I think this must have been a question Dande was asked by the investors.
and he outlined what should happen next as Covid continues to ravage economies..
And the statement on liquidation is very correct. anybody buying will give very little money vis a vis the investment. So that is not an option. It is a total loss.
All Developers are facing this tough questions. Talk to Centum, Vaal, Hasconsult etc.. The ones in Commercial space are even asking themselves harder questions.
paulkimani
#1155 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:39:12 PM

mkenyan
#1156 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 8:40:17 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

But anyway..

@angelica
You cannot just attend a meeting to pick up some juicy quote and run away with it as a story. I dont hve information, but I think this must have been a question Dande was asked by the investors.
and he outlined what should happen next as Covid continues to ravage economies..
And the statement on liquidation is very correct. anybody buying will give very little money vis a vis the investment. So that is not an option. It is a total loss.
All Developers are facing this tough questions. Talk to Centum, Vaal, Hasconsult etc.. The ones in Commercial space are even asking themselves harder questions.

i wish you well mate. i do wish you well
poundfoolish
#1157 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:23:02 PM

mkenyan wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

But anyway..

@angelica

i wish you well mate. i do wish you well

Its been six years friend.. six years and still counting.
Last year at such a time the naysayers were not just composing but singing the dirges and digging the grave. They left first..
tony stark
#1158 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 1:08:06 PM

obiero wrote:

May Bob Collymore rest in peace!!!Pray Pray Pray
Angelica _ann
#1159 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 1:40:19 PM

tony stark wrote:
obiero wrote:

May Bob Collymore rest in peace!!!Pray Pray Pray

?????
obiero
#1160 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 2:26:13 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
madhaquer wrote:

This is a disaster ... Waaah

Capitulation

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45