wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<363738
Why dustbowl is the future
NewMoney
#741 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 2:14:41 PM

amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Living in the DC is not an environmentally friendly choice, as if there not enough disadvantages. Environmentally consious people buy apartments and live near their amenities which means they can walk to most if not all, and if they have to take the car, it will be a short environment-friendly ride... also one car will be enough for the family unlike in DC where you may need upto 3 cars per household to attain the same level of flexibility

Industrial area -heaviest polluter in East and Central Africa
Nairobi River..most polluted and filthy river North of the Limpopo. Passes by all the poshest hoods in Nairobi. Drool
Talk about environmentally friendly.
As for distance and amenities..only someone who thinks the universe revolves around decaying Nairobi core says distance is an issue. Who lied to you that all of us commute to Nai core and have no amenitiesLaughing out loudly . I have more amenities in DC than I did in Nai core and at half the cost!

And wait until Kitengela Expressway is open. I will be able to get to Jewel in the Crown from the CBD faster than you can get from your office to your Umoja bedsitterLaughing out loudly (jokes)

Besides..the numbers tell it all. Wake us up when the numbers change my broda. Kenyans are voting with their feet Applause

It seems you misunderstood what I mean by environment-friendly, am talking about the carbon footprint per capita been much higher in DC compared to inner cities. We may not notice the effect right now but 100 generations later will pay a very steep price for this, if we dont change
sparkly
#742 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 6:30:05 PM

NewMoney wrote:
amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Living in the DC is not an environmentally friendly choice, as if there not enough disadvantages. Environmentally consious people buy apartments and live near their amenities which means they can walk to most if not all, and if they have to take the car, it will be a short environment-friendly ride... also one car will be enough for the family unlike in DC where you may need upto 3 cars per household to attain the same level of flexibility

Nairobi River..most polluted and filthy river North of the Limpopo. Passes by all the poshest hoods in Nairobi. Drool
As for distance and amenities..only someone who thinks the universe revolves around decaying Nairobi core says distance is an issue. Who lied to you that all of us commute to Nai core and have no amenitiesLaughing out loudly . I have more amenities in DC than I did in Nai core and at half the cost!

And wait until Kitengela Expressway is open. I will be able to get to Jewel in the Crown from the CBD faster than you can get from your office to your Umoja bedsitterLaughing out loudly (jokes)

Besides..the numbers tell it all. Wake us up when the numbers change my broda. Kenyans are voting with their feet Applause

It seems you misunderstood what I mean by environment-friendly, am talking about the carbon footprint per capita been much higher in DC compared to inner cities. We may not notice the effect right now but 100 generations later will pay a very steep price for this, if we dont change

@NewMoney I wish you all the best on this engagement.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mkenyan
#743 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 6:40:22 PM

sparkly wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
amorphous
#744 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 6:54:34 PM

NewMoney wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

ehe and how did you come to that conclusion? Did you forget that
- all the AIRPLANES dropping tonnes of carbon per minute take off in Nairobi core
-The industrial area produces more CO2 per capita than the whole of Kenya outside it combined?
-That the FLATULENCE from HUMAN BEINGS in Nai core has enough Carbon to destroy the rest of our noses?
Besides, who lied to you that Carbon is bad?
Carbon is the oxygen of trees
Climategate should have taught you that but oh well. Some of this stuff is way over your heads so pointless to even discuss with you Drool
Let's not derail this beautiful thread. Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

https://www.the-star.co....-long-depressed-growth/

Quote:

House prices are on the rise after a long period of subdued prices
, a new survey by the Kenya Bankers Association(KBA) shows.

According to the KBA - House Price Index , prices rose by 0.22 per cent in quarter four of 2020, from a 0.08 percent contraction in the previous quarter.

“The uptick in the House Price Index signals stabilising market prices, which largely reflect an outcome of the demand and supply dynamics in the market,” the index says.

On the supply side, housing remains largely fixed, with adjustment to meet demand being gradual rather than immediate.

“Unlike in previous quarters where variation in house prices was mainly driven by structural factors, particularly the size of the plinth area, house prices in the fourth quarter of 2020 were largely driven by regional differences,” KBA Chief Executive Officer Habil Olaka said.

He said this is an indication that location is now playing a pivotal role.

Unlike in previous quarters where variation in house prices was mainly driven by structural factors, house prices in the fourth quarter of 2020 were largely driven by regional differences, an indication that location is now playing a pivotal role

KBA Chief Executive Officer Habil Olaka

With depressed credit to the construction and real estate sector, an under-supply of new units has triggered the rise with most sales in the period being on the already completed units from the previous periods.

The rise in prices was also compounded by homeowners’ preferences for newer buildings.

KBA Research and Policy Director, Samuel Tiriongo, indicated that while house prices rose faster with an increase in the area, number of bedrooms, number of floors, they remained relatively lower for older units.

“By house type, our analysis also reveals that prices for apartments rose faster than those of bungalows and townhouses, but were slower than those of maisonettes, reflecting emerging preferences for apartments over other house types due to their relatively lower cost of development per unit,”he said.

On transactions by house type across all the regions, the total units sold in the quarter rose by more than five times to 314 from 57 in quarter three of 2020.

This was mainly reflected in an increase in transactions on apartments and maisonettes that rose nine times and four times, respectively.

Further, house type distribution across the regions was heterogeneous. For instance, apartments accounted for 42.9 percent in Region 2, 26.7 per cent in region 1 and 1.9 percent in Region 3.

Across the regions, housing transactions were predominant in Regions 1 and 2 compared to Region 3, indicating buyers preferences andaffordability characteristics.

Region 1 includes Athi River, Mlolongo, Mavoko,Nakuru, Ngong, Ruaka,Syokimau, Embakasi, Kahawa Wendani, Thika, Mtwapa, Utange,Kitengela, Kiembeni, Nyeri, Likoni,Eldoret, Ruiru, Kilifi,Thika road (Kasarani, Roysambu, Ruaraka),Meru, Bungoma.

Thindigua (Kiambu Road),Kiambu, South B, South C,Kabete, Komarock, Imara Daima,Membley, Buruburu, Rongai,Waiyaki Way (Uthiru, Regen,Kinoo, Kikuyu), Mbagathi road,Ngong Road, Langata fall in region 2.

While region 3 includes Kileleshwa, Kilimani, Lavington,Westlands, Spring Valley,Riverside, Milimani (Kisumu),Milimani (Nakuru), Runda,Karen, Garden Estate, Parklands,Ridgeways, Muthaiga, Loresho,Kitisuru, Adams Arcade, Nyali,Mountain View, Nyari.

The number of transactions on bungalows remained largely unchanged over the period.

Out of all the transactions, apartments accounted for 71 per cent and maisonettes took up 23 per cent, as bungalows reflected much lower activity (4 per cent).

The distribution of transactions by house type across the regions was also uneven.

smile

Age and family mellows us all over time
sparkly
#745 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 7:00:25 PM

mkenyan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I spoke too soon ref post #744 🤣🤣🤣
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#746 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 11:56:17 PM

sparkly wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly To be fair to @Amorphous, 100 generations ni mbali sana and we will be long dead!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
NewMoney
#747 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 12:11:46 AM

amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

ehe and how did you come to that conclusion? Did you forget that
- all the AIRPLANES dropping tonnes of carbon per minute take off in Nairobi core
-The industrial area produces more CO2 per capita than the whole of Kenya outside it combined?
-That the FLATULENCE from HUMAN BEINGS in Nai core has enough Carbon to destroy the rest of our noses?
Besides, who lied to you that Carbon is bad?
Carbon is the oxygen of trees
Climategate should have taught you that but oh well. Some of this stuff is way over your heads so pointless to even discuss with you Drool
Let's not derail this beautiful thread. Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Hahaha man, you have got good jokes... bado we are not on the same page...
amorphous
#748 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 1:21:30 AM

NewMoney wrote:

Clearly Drool

Sh430m tomato factory boost for Kajiado farmers

Quote:
Tomato farmers in Loitokok, Kajiado County are set to benefit from a Sh430 million factory.

The Kimana modern tomato factory is funded by the national government under the Ewaso Ng’iro South Development Authority (ENSDA) after years of farmers hue and cry.

ENSDA Managing Director Ngala Oloitiptip said the Loitoktok agricultural belt produced tomatoes worth Sh1.3 billion between 2019 and 2020, becoming the second largest commercial tomato producer in the country after Kirinyaga County.

However, the farmers are said to have lost 40 percent of the total harvest amounting to Sh300 million in every four months due to middle men and market inconsistencies.

"Tomato farmers in this region have been recording colossal losses annually. Upon the completion of the tomato factory ENSDA will be buying tomatoes directly from the farmers at competitive prices," said Mr Ngala.

The factory, he said, will process the tomato “as a value addition measure” to reap more benefit in the regional market.

The ENSDA being one of the regional development authorities under the Ministry of Regional Development will advise farmers on quality of seeds and farm inputs to ensure high quality produce.

Locals will also benefit from job opportunities in the new factory.

"Towards the country’s Vision 2030, the government is encouraging tomato farmers to tap more into the regional market through processing their farm produce. We want to make the tomato agri business lucrative," he added.

The factory is expected to be up running by the end of 2022.

Currently, tomato farmers in the Rombo agricultural belt, Kajiado South Subcounty are faced with high cost of fertiliser and increased fake inputs, making them incur massive losses.

Middlemen are still using ‘turbo’ crate of tomato — comprising three normal crates —which they buy at Sh6,000 each. Farmers term the price low and oppressive.

Farmers say the county government’s tomato packaging regulations are ineffective, leaving farmers at the mercy of brokers.

Devastated farmers say unscrupulous middlemen are selling them ineffective fertilizer decreasing tomato yields.The upper belt of Loitoktok region at the foot of Mt Kilimanjaro has been the county food basket. Farm produce is ferried to Nairobi and Mombasa.

https://www.businessdail...kajiado-farmers-3312102

Did you know that 100% of the boreholes in Loitoktok produce fresh (rather than salty) water? As I said some many threads back..we may have to change one part of the title of this thread from DUSTBOWL to GREENBOWL sooner rather than later Laughing out loudly
NewMoney
#749 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 4:38:49 AM

amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Clearly Drool

Quote:
Tomato farmers in Loitokok, Kajiado County are set to benefit from a Sh430 million factory.

The Kimana modern tomato factory is funded by the national government under the Ewaso Ng’iro South Development Authority (ENSDA) after years of farmers hue and cry.

ENSDA Managing Director Ngala Oloitiptip said the Loitoktok agricultural belt produced tomatoes worth Sh1.3 billion between 2019 and 2020, becoming the second largest commercial tomato producer in the country after Kirinyaga County.

However, the farmers are said to have lost 40 percent of the total harvest amounting to Sh300 million in every four months due to middle men and market inconsistencies.

"Tomato farmers in this region have been recording colossal losses annually. Upon the completion of the tomato factory ENSDA will be buying tomatoes directly from the farmers at competitive prices," said Mr Ngala.

The factory, he said, will process the tomato “as a value addition measure” to reap more benefit in the regional market.

The ENSDA being one of the regional development authorities under the Ministry of Regional Development will advise farmers on quality of seeds and farm inputs to ensure high quality produce.

"Towards the country’s Vision 2030, the government is encouraging tomato farmers to tap more into the regional market through processing their farm produce. We want to make the tomato agri business lucrative," he added.

Currently, tomato farmers in the Rombo agricultural belt, Kajiado South Subcounty are faced with high cost of fertiliser and increased fake inputs, making them incur massive losses.

Middlemen are still using ‘turbo’ crate of tomato — comprising three normal crates —which they buy at Sh6,000 each. Farmers term the price low and oppressive.

Farmers say the county government’s tomato packaging regulations are ineffective, leaving farmers at the mercy of brokers.

Devastated farmers say unscrupulous middlemen are selling them ineffective fertilizer decreasing tomato yields.The upper belt of Loitoktok region at the foot of Mt Kilimanjaro has been the county food basket. Farm produce is ferried to Nairobi and Mombasa.

Did you know that 100% of the boreholes in Loitoktok produce fresh (rather than salty) water? As I said some many threads back..we may have to change one part of the title of this thread from DUSTBOWL to GREENBOWL sooner rather than later Laughing out loudly

I would not be so quick to term loitoktok as DC just because it is in Kajiado county, to get into loitoktok from Nairobi, you literally have to go part most of Ukambani and then add another 100KMs towards TZ, travelling a total of almost 250 KMs
amorphous
#750 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 8:16:28 AM

NewMoney wrote:
amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Clearly Drool

Quote:

I would not be so quick to term loitoktok as DC just because it is in Kajiado county, to get into loitoktok from Nairobi, you literally have to go part most of Ukambani and then add another 100KMs towards TZ, travelling a total of almost 250 KMs

Which planet are you on? No wonder Sparkles is your flowergirl cum cheerleader on this thread Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Same planet IQ wise.
sqft
#751 Posted : Friday, April 09, 2021 11:03:47 AM

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sqft
#752 Posted : Friday, April 09, 2021 3:35:12 PM

All is not rosy. Ni kubaya.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#753 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 7:49:24 AM

sqft wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Game changer. But giving us a mere "halt" (matatu stage) is a big joke for a city of the size and prestige of Jewel in the Crown. They need to build us a proper station on deliverance road. Never knew there was a station called Lukenya at the end of Muigai road. Anyone got pics of it?
amorphous
#754 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 7:51:35 AM

sqft wrote:
All is not rosy. Ni kubaya.

This was a hit job -assassination -that could happen to anyone anywhere who was a target.
RIP to the lady. Such a beautiful house she had built.
amorphous
#755 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 7:58:12 AM

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I have seen an unprecedented spike in construction activity in DC. Houses and buildings galore left right and centre. Kenyans are realising this new normal aint going nowhere anytime soon so postponing projects or paying high rent in Lavi or Kile while your job is shut down or business is harmed by lockdowns makes no economic sense. Some of us who were called crazy for moving to "far" DC where built and have zero rent are now being told we planned well by the same same crowd Laughing out loudly
Zichi
#756 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 7:40:56 PM

Is the Maasai land partitioned by Real Estate companies genuine ama italeta shida baadaye? Moved around DC yesterday and was shocked how many companies there were.
sqft
#757 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 6:58:03 PM