wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Quarry Business
Nelson
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:38:53 AM

Hallo good people, I have about 10 acres of granite rock, is it wise to start a quarry business? How can one start on a small scale? Like with 700k
Impunity
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 3:05:30 PM

Nelson wrote:
Hallo good people, I have about 10 acres of granite rock, is it wise to start a quarry business? How can one start on a small scale? Like with 700k

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Chaka
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 3:29:26 PM

Impunity wrote:
Nelson wrote:

The laughter must be because you have already decided it is wise...
Xymalos
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 3:57:26 PM

Nelson wrote:

Nelson - visit a quarry business and see equipment and personnel being used to give you a good idea whether 700K would be enough. And with some courage - ask them how much it cost to get started or get a list/cost of basic needs to get started.
Niko Salama
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 4:31:55 AM

700k is kidogo coz a stone cutting machine goes for 7 million and you have to add generator costs, cables rails etc - What you can do is enter into a partnership with a machine owner and split the proceeds from the sale of stone - most machine owners do not own the quarries that they operate in and keep on moving to new quarries as soon as they exhaust one - once you exhaust the quarry you can put up buildings on it or reclaim it by dumping red or clay soil from construction sites
Sober
#6 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 7:44:18 PM

Nelson wrote:

How deep is the rock? Do your maths in terms of the volume of rock that you can manage, at what price you will be selling the products(consider wastage)and the initial set up fee. What you have is the amount to cover administrative costs for the start up
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Sober
#7 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 7:48:56 PM

Impunity wrote:
Nelson wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Ati hio ni pesa ya bill ya stima.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
amorphous
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 3:11:49 PM

Nelson wrote:

This is a dated thread but my friend, you are sitting on a gold mine hapa. 10 acres? If I were you I would do kokoto, forget about machine cuts. With a 20t lorry going for 28-40k depending on region, you can literally mine millions a day. Alternative ni uniuzie nifanye justice nayo.
Age and family mellows us all over time