Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<567
Farm Fencing
Forester
#121 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:12:37 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Forester wrote:

@Amoprhous

What is the scientific name of those yellow bark acacia trees and where can i get them?

Thank you.

Vachellia xanthophloea formerly Acacia xanthophloea because the Australians claim all Acacias (can you believe that?).

Anyway just go KEFRI Muguga/ or/ Tree Bio-tech in Karura (entry via Kenya Forestry HQ opposite CID Kiambu road) ask for 'Naivasha Acacia'.

Also called yellow barked acacia/fever tree/Murera(kikuyu)/ Olerai(maasai). Faily easy to grow from seed and are very fast growers. You also won't walk barefoot on your lawn as they keep dropping the thorns.

Thank you @Amorphous,

Want to plant kidogo on my 'ranch' huko greater DC (Kajiado) for my weekend getaways where i'll be keeping some goats/sheep.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
amorphous
#122 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 4:41:05 PM

Forester wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Forester wrote:

@Amoprhous

What is the scientific name of those yellow bark acacia trees and where can i get them?

Thank you.

Vachellia xanthophloea formerly Acacia xanthophloea because the Australians claim all Acacias (can you believe that?).

Anyway just go KEFRI Muguga/ or/ Tree Bio-tech in Karura (entry via Kenya Forestry HQ opposite CID Kiambu road) ask for 'Naivasha Acacia'.

Also called yellow barked acacia/fever tree/Murera(kikuyu)/ Olerai(maasai). Faily easy to grow from seed and are very fast growers. You also won't walk barefoot on your lawn as they keep dropping the thorns.

Thank you @Amorphous,

Want to plant kidogo on my 'ranch' huko greater DC (Kajiado) for my weekend getaways where i'll be keeping some goats/sheep.

Just seeing this. You should be thanking kawi254 for the nice answer.
Sounds like a plan. Mimi I am planting Cypress like a nonsense.
When harvesting time comes unipate kwa my lumberyard selling 2 by 2's at 28 bob per foot.
One tree alone will be worth hundreds of thousands.
Lakini let me not drop any more secrets lest the treasury bills and bonds geniuses on the other thread stone me further Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
New Normal!