wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

86 Pages«<7172737475>»
Treasury Bills and Bonds
Impunity
#1441 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 2:24:01 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... IFB comes early this year.

https://www.centralbank....0DATED%2028-12-2020.pdf

Results for IFB 1/2021/16

https://www.centralbank....0DATED%2025.01.2021.pdf

Coupon 12.257

Sweeter, same like the November 2020 FXD at 13.42%
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Bree
#1442 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 8:29:39 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:

I missed it

Coupon 12.257

I missed it 😔
What is the best clean price for the IFB1/2021/016 I can get in the secondary market?
Impunity
#1443 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 8:00:09 PM

Bree wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:

I missed it

Coupon 12.257

I missed it 😔
What is the best clean price for the IFB1/2021/016 I can get in the secondary market?

@maka, can an individual CDS account hold more than Kes.20M at one time?

maka
#1444 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:33:40 AM

Impunity wrote:
Bree wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:

I missed it

Coupon 12.257

I missed it 😔

Yes...

possunt quia posse videntur
winmak
#1445 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 1:01:35 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Bree wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:

I missed it

Coupon 12.257

I missed it 😔

Yes...

Brother is doing well.... I am happy to be amongst billionaires
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
maka
#1446 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:33:36 PM

Bree wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:

I missed it

Coupon 12.257

I missed it 😔

No need... Just wait and buy this one...

https://www.centralbank....0DATED%2012-04-2021.pdf
amorphous
#1447 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 10:49:39 AM

I believed in bonds for the greater majority of my life until I discovered that bonds actually ni bure tuuu.
I remember at one point some years back I bought a 19% 1 year bond and thought I was a genius.
Until I met dudes and dudettes pulling 50%+ returns PER MONTH on various ventures Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Think about it. Example on a very small scale. If I own a kibanda/"coffee house" outright in a busy location, power it on solar, hire a pretty set of waitresses and an Utalii chef at 6k each a month, buy my furniture by the roadside on Ngong rd, put a TV screen hapo and sell a cup of coffee (NESCAFE satchet costs me 5 bob, water free from borehole, milk maybe 5-10 shillings per cup) at 100 bob a pop and a burger at 400 bob a pop jameni even with those small tu-overheads 19% a month starts to look like child's play. I was stunned when I went through the books of a very weatherbeaten looking resto in downtown Nairobi. No wonder the Somalis have taken over the CBD eatery biz. The returns are ku-razy!
Bonds are those tu-things old ladies who do not have the energy to run businesses or anything else for that matter dump their life savings in as they enjoy their sunset years.
New Normal!
maka
#1448 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 12:49:06 PM

amorphous wrote:
I believed in bonds for the greater majority of my life until I discovered that bonds actually ni bure tuuu.
I remember at one point some years back I bought a 19% 1 year bond and thought I was a genius.
Until I met dudes and dudettes pulling 50%+ returns PER MONTH on various ventures Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Think about it. Example on a very small scale. If I own a kibanda/"coffee house" outright in a busy location, power it on solar, hire a pretty set of waitresses and an Utalii chef at 6k each a month, buy my furniture by the roadside on Ngong rd, put a TV screen hapo and sell a cup of coffee (NESCAFE satchet costs me 5 bob, water free from borehole, milk maybe 5-10 shillings per cup) at 100 bob a pop and a burger at 400 bob a pop jameni even with those small tu-overheads 19% a month starts to look like child's play. I was stunned when I went through the books of a very weatherbeaten looking resto in downtown Nairobi. No wonder the Somalis have taken over the CBD eatery biz. The returns are ku-razy!
Bonds are those tu-things old ladies who do not have the energy to run businesses or anything else for that matter dump their life savings in as they enjoy their sunset years.

That is very ok... I usually say this and I believe I have posted here before. It all depends on what you want with your life... Some of us just want an easy life ....very limited hustle... Travel... Enjoy your life. It doesn't have to be a competition to amass as much as possible... Tutakufa tuwache hizi pesa zote hapa.
Ali Baba
#1449 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 1:29:17 PM

maka wrote:
amorphous wrote:

That is very ok... I usually say this and I believe I have posted here before. It all depends on what you want with your life... Some of us just want an easy life ....very limited hustle... Travel... Enjoy your life. It doesn't have to be a competition to amass as much as possible... Tutakufa tuwache hizi pesa zote hapa.

I'd rather hustle less and have more quality life than have a ton of cash and lead a dull life....
Impunity
#1450 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 5:27:14 PM

Ali Baba wrote:
maka wrote:
amorphous wrote:

I'd rather hustle less and have more quality life than have a ton of cash and lead a dull life....

There are two things in life; you can decide to work for money or you can let your money work for you.

Running a kibanda will give you the 50% return per month...but you will be there fully and daily 7 days a week. Sleep at midnight and wake up at 3am to peel waru.

Putting some cash in a good bond will give you 9hrs of night sleep,much sex,7 days a week to holiday wherever you want,peace of mind from kanjos and many more....but less returns.

Choice is yours!

Angelica _ann
#1451 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 5:32:37 PM

Impunity wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:
maka wrote:
amorphous wrote:

There are two things in life; you can decide to work for money or you can let your money work for you.

Running a kibanda will give you the 50% return per month...but you will be there fully and daily 7 days a week. Sleep at midnight and wake up at 3am to peel waru.

Putting some cash in a good bond will give you 9hrs of night sleep,much sex,7 days a week to holiday wherever you want,peace of mind from kanjos and many more....but less returns.

Choice is yours!

We are ready to be your clients in the kibanda. We can't all be doing the same stuff. Some of us want peace of mind, even 10% PA ni sawa, now you bank on volume.

Tuko sawa na T/bills & bonds.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#1452 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 9:13:09 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:
maka wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Choice is yours!

We are ready to be your clients in the kibanda. We can't all be doing the same stuff. Some of us want peace of mind, even 10% PA ni sawa, now you bank on volume.

Banks and insurance companies are the biggest investors in T-Bills and Bonds.. James Mwangi must be an idiot to invest in a bank instead of opening a kibanda in CBD.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#1453 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 10:33:47 PM

sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:
maka wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Choice is yours!

Banks and insurance companies are the biggest investors in T-Bills and Bonds.. James Mwangi must be an idiot to invest in a bank instead of opening a kibanda in CBD.

Plus who said this is the only mode of investment. Portfolio diversification!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Elephant Man
#1454 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 9:36:32 AM

And where do you deposit the 50% plus profits? And your bank promptly invests it in a T-bill or lends it back to you at some usurous rate!

BTW, during the tenure of Suresh as CEO of Uchumi Supermarkets - they made more money from investing in T-bills than in their retail operation. Lakini, this was zamani, during the fall out of Goldenberg and the Forex-C mess that CBK (read taxpayer) was forced to clean up...
amorphous
#1455 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 1:36:29 PM

maka wrote:
amorphous wrote:

You of all people, being a shrewd investor, should know that ROI is the NAME OF THE GAME. All else ni kelele tuLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Who says the guy earning 50% per month does not have peace of mind? He might have even more peace of mind than you guys because he is really enjoying what he is doing.
And he can retire early too and enjoy idling around at 50 while others wait 30 more years at 10% to achieve the same smile
New Normal!
Angelica _ann
#1456 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:58:05 PM

amorphous wrote:
maka wrote:
amorphous wrote:

You of all people, being a shrewd investor, should know that ROI is the NAME OF THE GAME. All else ni kelele tuLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Who says the guy earning 50% per month does not have peace of mind? He might have even more peace of mind than you guys because he is really enjoying what he is doing.
And he can retire early too and enjoy idling around at 50 while others wait 30 more years at 10% to achieve the same smile

Yap ROI for each his own based on risk appetite.
Queen
#1457 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 3:31:51 PM

Somebody has caused one of the most informative threads in Wazua to get mutilated and start going south.
amorphous
#1458 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 4:32:50 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Yap ROI for each his own based on risk appetite.

Exactemente. Wondering what all the kelele is for then? Looks like I crushed some people who thought 10% was a big deal's dreams Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
New Normal!
winmak
#1459 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 6:17:26 PM

Queen wrote:
Somebody has caused one of the most informative threads in Wazua to get mutilated and start going south.

Guys even have energy to respond to these rebel-without-a-cause-types Brick wall Brick wall
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
amorphous
#1460 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 6:22:54 PM

winmak wrote:
Queen wrote:

Guys even have energy to respond to these rebel-without-a-cause-types Brick wall Brick wall

They can't resist. Ask Sparkles. He has never seen an amorphous post (however mundane) he did not itch to respond to with gusto Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
And they respond because I destroy their dogmas to smithereens and they actually know what I am saying is true but cannot bring themselves to accept it (cognitive dissonance) Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
New Normal!