wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Makwere - No Ministry PLEASE!
MaichBlack
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:40:14 AM

This dude is one lazy Son of a #$%^&! He is not smart, he doesn't work at all, he doesn't seem concerned etc. etc.

I don't care about regional balance, political expediency or any of the b.s. that is used to appoint these good-for-nothing so called leaders. Makwere should never lead any ministry, big, medium or small company. Heck, I wouldn't let him run my kiosk!

Kibaki should have the spine to appoint someone else in place of Makwere. It's that simple!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
XSK
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:44:08 AM

@MAICHBLACK

Well said, my feelings exactly!!
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Kaigangio
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:55:38 AM

Please...Please....Please.....Please.......Please!!.....Mr President, don't give this Mwakwere any Ministry to run...make him a minister if you must, but without a portfolio!!!
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
kadonye
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:01:04 AM

Kagizzard,karibu.It has been long
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
kadonye
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:02:43 AM

Kagizzard, long time! karibu sana.
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
mukiha
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:15:58 AM

If we were under the proposed constitution, this discussion would not exist. The people of Matuga could elect anyone they wish and that would not in any way affect the membership of the cabinet.

FYI: I still have not decided which way to vote; so do not take this as support for any side.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Fundaah
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:20:55 AM

I have stopped complaining....my focus is changing the current position where the president single handedly appoints cabinet ministers regardless of their performance.....I will vote yes on 4 august instead of complaining ....If kibaki re-appoints makwere he will be legally doing what the current BAD constitution allows him to do ....
so do not blame him....

Cabinet
152. (1) The Cabinet consists of—
(a) the President;
(b) the Deputy President;
(c) the Attorney-General; and
(d) not fewer than fourteen and not more than twenty-two Cabinet
Secretaries.
(2) The President shall nominate and, with the approval of the NationalAssembly, appoint Cabinet Secretaries.
(3) A Cabinet Secretary shall not be a Member of Parliament.

who says the Draft is Bad....then just continue complaining ....whinners....Shame on you Shame on you
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Magigi
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:21:33 AM

@Kaigangio...
Where have you been man? You were missed...

I still remember this piece of wisdom your grandfather passed on to you...
'Never compete shitting with an elephant, you will tear your arse for nothing'

welcome back...
Fundaah
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:22:25 AM

salutes mukiha.....I posted without reading your post ....you took the words from my mind
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
MaichBlack
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:39:48 AM

Fundaah wrote:
(2) The President shall nominate and, with the approval of the National Assembly, appoint Cabinet Secretaries.

I like this part of the constitution. It is a step in the right direction. But I feel the CoE could have made it better by stating Anyone who runs for elective office [Mp, councillor, senate etc.] is not eligible for any government appointment during that term. For example, if you vie for any elective post in 2012, you are not eligible for ANY government appointment between 2012 and 2017! That would ensure that:-

1) We don't have people who were rejected by the electorate running any parastatals, leading or being members of any commission or even appointed as a minister!
2) Only serious people run for parliament.

But having said that, I think the section is a great improvement on the current constitution.

FYI: Just like Mukiha, I'm not yet through analyzing the proposed constitution so as of now I am not "pigaing debe" for any side.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
thuks
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:55:11 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
like this part of the constitution. It is a step in the right direction. But I feel the CoE could have made it better by stating Anyone who runs for elective office [Mp, councillor, senate etc.] is not eligible for any government appointment during that term. For example, if you vie for any elective post in 2012, you are not eligible for ANY government appointment between 2012 and 2017! That would ensure that:-

But we know the public does not vote for people on merit and potentially good leaders are not voted for reasons other than performance. Denying someone a chance because one ran for an electoral office and lost does not improve leadership in any way.
Mrs. Clinton would also not have the current post if this were the case in the US of A
I care!
mukiha
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:05:41 PM

Fundaah wrote:
I have stopped complaining....my focus is changing the current position where the president single handedly appoints cabinet ministers regardless of their performance.....I will vote yes on 4 august instead of complaining ....If kibaki re-appoints makwere he will be legally doing what the current BAD constitution allows him to do ....
so do not blame him....

Cabinet
152. (1) The Cabinet consists of—
(a) the President;
(b) the Deputy President;
(c) the Attorney-General; and
(d) not fewer than fourteen and not more than twenty-two Cabinet
Secretaries.
(2) The President shall nominate and, with the approval of the NationalAssembly, appoint Cabinet Secretaries.

who says the Draft is Bad....then just continue complaining ....whinners....Shame on you Shame on you

We Kenyans are amazing: How easily we turn a thread to welcome a long lost friend into a political discussion.

Any way; back to the main subject [the politics]; I don't like the idea of approving National Assembly presidential appointments. I'd prefer the president appoints the cabinet and we move with it without have to go through approvals. After all, parliamentarians are the least trusted public officers in Kenya and therefore we shouldn't trust them to do any good with the cabinet list!

@Kaigangio; wazua hasn't changed since you left.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
nostoppingthis
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:11:51 PM

Magigi wrote:
@Kaigangio...
Where have you been man? You were missed...

I still remember this piece of wisdom your grandfather passed on to you...
'Never compete shitting with an elephant, you will tear your arse for nothing'

welcome back...

@Magigi@kaigangio...that must be borrowed from the swahili saying of "kushindana na ndovu msalani..."
MaichBlack
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:13:06 PM

mukiha wrote:
We Kenyans are amazing: How easily we turn a thread to welcome a long lost friend into a political discussion.

Are you sure you checked the title of this thread?

We Kenyans are amazing: Commenting on threads without reading the title and previous posts... Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Easy. Just messin with you Mukiha.

Back to CFC. Sorry. Back to Poli-tricks.
mukiha
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:17:21 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
mukiha wrote:

Are you sure you checked the title of this thread?

We Kenyans are amazing: Commenting on threads without reading the title and previous posts... Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Easy. Just messin with you Mukiha.

Back to CFC. Sorry. Back to Poli-tricks.

Forgive me: It's close to lunch time!
kadonye
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:31:37 PM

Maichblack,dont trust voters,especially kenyan voters.They think the rich who can afford bribes and construct new schools for them are the only ones worth of leadership.Elsewhere they rejected Winston Churchill and Abraham Lincoln
MaichBlack
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:46:57 PM

@thuks and @kadonye - I see your point. We have rejected very good leaders in the past based on party, tribe, clan and other stone age - based criterion.

Having said that, how do we deal with this issue? I foresee a scenario where the cabinet will be full of political rejects! Would some minimum qualification (e.g. a degree in a related area), experience etc. help? Parliament will always vote with their stomachs! Case in point: Kimunya (coz he said they should pay taxes), maize scandal (report rejected - political & financial reasons), Salary hike (They are now blackmailing mwana wa Jomo - As they have successfully done to other Finance Ministers before him), Media bill, Oil scandal - what ever happened with that? etc. etc.
Brewer
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:49:35 PM

@ Maichblack, lazy, not smart, does not work at all.....?

Strong words! He just won a hotly contested by-election, or is it that easy to win an election nowadays?

I agree, however, that he should not get back his ministerial post. As a Minister he did not seem to care whether people were unhappy with his failure to deliver. In a country short on humourous politicians, like Wakoli, I find Mwakwere quite interesting to listen to especially when he is throwing well targetted jibes at some people which he could still do huko kwa backbench unless he derives his humour from the waving flag on his car bonnet.

MaichBlack
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:03:05 PM

Brewer wrote:
@ Maichblack, lazy, not smart, does not work at all.....?

Strong words! He just won a hotly contested by-election, or is it that easy to win an election nowadays?

As someone said, we hardly ever elect our so called leaders on merit.
aidha
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:09:36 AM

I understand the opponent was quite frustrated. There were some "Small clothes" written “I love Mwanyoha” and which were circulated days before the election. This provoked a serious backlash from the men folk who accused Mwanyoha of trying to seduce their wives and daughters!!