wazua Sat, Apr 17, 2021
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<567
Reject This BBI Joke
masukuma
#121 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 4:51:12 PM

murchr wrote:
Ruto has a wonderful proposal.

Instead of a blanket 'Yes' or 'No', he proposes the constitutional changes be presented to the masses as propositions like in the US.

eg Question 1. Should we ammmend the constitution to include 400 more MPs in the parliament? Yes No

2. Do we introduce the office of the Judiciary ombudsman ? Yes No

3. Do we increase the County allocation from 15% to 35% Yes No

4. Do we need to create the office of the PM and official opposition in parliament?

etc

Then Kenyans will vote on whatever clauses of the constitution they need ammended.

I am assuming this is the same advisory Kivutha is seeking from the Supreme court.

Liberia did one juzi with 8 propositions.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
PeterReborn
#122 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 11:55:30 AM

HaMaina wrote:
BBI is mostly conplete nonsence, just made to please a few well connected individuals. If the county allocations are currently at 15% and are mostly being siphoned, then what will happen when they are at 30%. These counties should first account for what they have been allocated.uhuru and roto were both a big mistake in my view, but on this one i shall agree with ruto and refuse this bbi nonsense. Ill deal with him on election day next year.

Devolution is working and this is the major sweetener in this BBINonsense.
Counties are already getting over 30% of the revenue collected and therefore the impact will be minimal.
Most people want more money to the counties.
However increasing the MPs by 200 members incurring 0ver 3.5 Billions in salaries is ridiculous. Lets have multiple selections and select what we want.
'Kwa ground mambo ni tofauti sana' Prophet Muigai
Thitifini
#123 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 1:14:25 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
BBI is mostly conplete nonsence, just made to please a few well connected individuals. If the county allocations are currently at 15% and are mostly being siphoned, then what will happen when they are at 30%. These counties should first account for what they have been allocated.uhuru and roto were both a big mistake in my view, but on this one i shall agree with ruto and refuse this bbi nonsense. Ill deal with him on election day next year.

Counties are already getting over 30% of the revenue collected and therefore the impact will be minimal.
However increasing the MPs by 200 members incurring 0ver 3.5 Billions in salaries is ridiculous. Lets have multiple selections and select what we want.

I agree with you that Devolution is working very for the common man. If the duo ruled before Devolution, the country would be kaput by now.

Counties are receiving ~23% of revenue as per last audited accounts. Increasing it to 35% will mean all cash from Mins of Agriculture, Health and Youth being taken to the counties (these functions are already devolved, the cash at national level only being eaten)....

Mybe Rao has a point here.

On the mpigs, we can endure some small pain for the better good....

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
PeterReborn
#124 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 7:53:18 PM

Thitifini wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

I agree with you that Devolution is working very for the common man. If the duo ruled before Devolution, the country would be kaput by now.

Counties are receiving ~23% of revenue as per last audited accounts. Increasing it to 35% will mean all cash from Mins of Agriculture, Health and Youth being taken to the counties (these functions are already devolved, the cash at national level only being eaten)....

Mybe Rao has a point here.

On the mpigs, we can endure some small pain for the better good....

Agreed. Most of the thieving happens at the central government level, NYS, mafia house, SGR, Dams etc. Can you imagine what the 500 Billions used for white elephant SGR project could have done to the counties?
The #BBINonsense might pass after all. The increment to the counties is enticing

'Kwa ground mambo ni tofauti sana' Prophet Muigai