wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Affordable Car (kadudu) cheap to buy and run
mungaits
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 2:26:33 PM

Hi Wazuans,

A few friends and I are looking to buy an affordable car preferably 1000cc to drop and pick our 5-6 kids to and from school. A simple school transport frustration fix!

We are thinking of getting a used Mazda demio, Nissan note or Toyota Passo with a budget of 300k - 400k.
Ii
Kindly share any personal reviews on purchase price, fuel consumption, reliability and comfort.

I anyone is disposing one of the above, kindly share photos and details.

Asanteni
sparkly
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 6:50:23 AM

mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

A few friends and I are looking to buy an affordable car preferably 1000cc to drop and pick our 5-6 kids to and from school. A simple school transport frustration fix!

We are thinking of getting a used Mazda demio, Nissan note or Toyota Passo with a budget of 300k - 400k.
Ii
Kindly share any personal reviews on purchase price, fuel consumption, reliability and comfort.

Asanteni

Get a new tuktuk.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 9:33:22 AM

sparkly wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

Get a new tuktuk.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Somebody is asking you which is the best wheelbarrow to buy and your suggestion is for him to buy a brand new mkokoteni?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
sqft
#4 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 9:50:48 AM

mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

Just ask the uber guys coz they have thoroughly tested all those models and are thus most qualified to give you the answer.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 11:10:46 AM

Nunua probox, will come in handy in extras, is hardy and still fuel efficient.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
littledove
#6 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 12:09:11 PM

mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

i would sugest you get a 1300cc or even 1500cc if you want to keep it long term, especially ractis, demio and note can wear out very fast, a vitz is better.
For 1000cc those 6 kids wakikula vizuri utasikia ni kama umebeba giant

There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
ngapat
#7 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 9:40:38 PM

sparkly wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

Get a new tuktuk.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly dont turn this thread to the like of another where someone was selling a green house.
try get toyota aqua. may exceed that budget but will be more economical inthe long run
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
sparkly
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 9:28:28 AM

ngapat wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

Get a new tuktuk.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly dont turn this thread to the like of another where someone was selling a green house.
try get toyota aqua. may exceed that budget but will be more economical inthe long run

How is he dealing with the transport frustration in the meanwhile? Probably ferrying the kids on a motorbike, three at a time. A tuktuk is affordable, fuel efficient, cheap to run, safer, same carrying capacity as the named tududus. Drawbacks are distance, if school is far and hilly terrain.
XSK
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 4:00:49 PM

sparkly wrote:
ngapat wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

Get a new tuktuk.

How is he dealing with the transport frustration in the meanwhile? Probably ferrying the kids on a motorbike, three at a time. A tuktuk is affordable, fuel efficient, cheap to run, safer, same carrying capacity as the named tududus. Drawbacks are distance, if school is far and hilly terrain.

A tuktuk is safer than any of those dudus?Laughing out loudly
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Angelica _ann
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 6:46:10 PM

A ka Honda Fit can do the job!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:21:26 PM

XSK wrote:
sparkly wrote:
ngapat wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

Get a new tuktuk.

Safer than a motorbike.
doubletap
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 6:27:50 PM

sparkly wrote:
XSK wrote:
sparkly wrote:
ngapat wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

Get a new tuktuk.

Safer than a motorbike.

Get a vehicle they can all sit and wear a belt or move the kids to schools closer.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
mungaits
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 10:08:46 PM

Thanks everyone for the interesting and helpful feedback. Settled on a Toyota Passo, slightly used locally that was within budget. Will share in the days to come on the experience.

School transport is a complicated affair in this country. Think about crazy early pick up times (5am or earlier) late drop off (past 6pm)! Cost has also gone up (50%) thanks to Covid and the social distancing requirement although they still pack kids like sardines in the school buses!

If you have noticed, more parents are pooling resources together and organizing private transport for their kids.

Asanteni
sparkly
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 10:21:21 PM

mungaits wrote:
Thanks everyone for the interesting and helpful feedback. Settled on a Toyota Passo, slightly used locally that was within budget. Will share in the days to come on the experience.

School transport is a complicated affair in this country. Think about crazy early pick up times (5am or earlier) late drop off (past 6pm)! Cost has also gone up (50%) thanks to Covid and the social distancing requirement although they still pack kids like sardines in the school buses!

If you have noticed, more parents are pooling resources together and organizing private transport for their kids.

Asanteni

All the best to you and the kids!
sqft
#15 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 12:18:06 PM

mungaits wrote:

Asanteni

Not really complicated. My kid is still being picked up 7am and dropped back at 4pm na shoolbus at the old pre-covid transport rates. Journey to school takes 15minutes.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
mungaits
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:02:16 AM

sqft wrote:
mungaits wrote:

Asanteni

Not really complicated. My kid is still being picked up 7am and dropped back at 4pm na shoolbus at the old pre-covid transport rates. Journey to school takes 15minutes.

You and your kid are very lucky. I am sure most kids don’t have it this simple
winmak
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 5:36:59 PM

mungaits wrote:

Asanteni

You are very right. I got me a Demio but only for my 2 kids
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
sparkly
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 5:54:29 PM

mungaits wrote:
sqft wrote:
mungaits wrote:

Asanteni

You and your kid are very lucky. I am sure most kids don’t have it this simple

Kids in DC have it simple. Move to DC... imesemwa
mkenyan
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2021 9:00:56 AM

mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Ii

Asanteni

the most number you can carry safely is four kids. if they are still young enough to need car seats then probably only three comfortably