wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<456
100% solar powered maisonette possible?
sqft
#101 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:27:34 AM

amorphous wrote:
We had a blackout juzi jioni and there I was enjoying my well lit sitting room, laptop and TV running shwaaaaaaa bila msukosuko wowote for hours while I sipped my coffee. Solar backup na beautiful thing -oo. Voltage on the battery was about 12.8 and only went down to 12.5 after all that usage.

Why not use the solar for those things you have mentioned above on a daily basis instead of waiting for a black out to switch to the solar power? If solar can run those items then wire them permanently to solar and that way you utilize your solar investment 100%.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#102 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 4:55:28 PM

sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
We had a blackout juzi jioni and there I was enjoying my well lit sitting room, laptop and TV running shwaaaaaaa bila msukosuko wowote for hours while I sipped my coffee. Solar backup na beautiful thing -oo. Voltage on the battery was about 12.8 and only went down to 12.5 after all that usage.

Why not use the solar for those things you have mentioned above on a daily basis instead of waiting for a black out to switch to the solar power? If solar can run those items then wire them permanently to solar and that way you utilize your solar investment 100%.

Just seeing this today. Good question. I had not thought of that. I guess to preserve the battery and charge controller+inverter for longer? I guess I have always looked at my small size portable solar system (80w Panel, 75ah batt, 300W inverter) as backup and not as something I would use daily. I guess I could use it daily but the energy savings from my KPLC bill would not be so much, I suppose? The beauty and convenience of my compact system really emerges during blackouts IMHO.

New Normal!