wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<35363738>
Why dustbowl is the future
amorphous
#721 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 10:14:06 AM

tinker wrote:
I agree the writter is way off.

Ati "Other places such as Ngong would see the same piece going for between Sh650,000 and Sh850,000".

Where in Ngong can you get a 1/8th for 850K?.
Not even in Kimuka.

So true.
New Normal!
amorphous
#722 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 10:17:48 AM

Mark my words, Jewel in the Crown is slowly becoming the entertainment mecca of Nairobi MetropolitanDrool . Call it an accident of nature or God's providence but the vast affordable space, surging creative, entrepreneurial and increasingly affluent middle class + scenic landscapes are making things boom there like a nonsense.
New Normal!
TheAlchemist
#723 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 10:43:47 AM

Seems even Mr big brains Bill Gates mwenyewe has read the signs of the times and is going looong on mugundas huko DC ya majuu Applause Applause Applause

https://www.marketwatch....r-in-america-11610818582
maka
#724 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 11:37:54 AM

https://www.sunmarineholidayciti.com/

What happened to this project?
possunt quia posse videntur
amorphous
#725 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:21:36 AM

TheAlchemist wrote:
Seems even Mr big brains Bill Gates mwenyewe has read the signs of the times and is going looong on mugundas huko DC ya majuu Applause Applause Applause

https://www.marketwatch....-in-america-11610818582

Without mugunda nothing else moves. One cannot even take a dump without mugunda to dump on.
New Normal!
Twiga
#726 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 12:52:01 PM

Amorphous, I would like to say I bit the bullet and followed your convictions re DC. I can see the potential you have always banged the drums about. Thank you for removing the wool over my eyes! Shukran.Applause Applause
Next I need handholding over a bigger deal and would love to tap into your DC networksPray
amorphous
#727 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 9:23:08 AM

Twiga wrote:
Amorphous, I would like to say I bit the bullet and followed your convictions re DC. I can see the potential you have always banged the drums about. Thank you for removing the wool over my eyes! Shukran.Applause Applause
Next I need handholding over a bigger deal and would love to tap into your DC networksPray

Smart man smile Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
DC has not disappointed me for even a single day.
These days I do not even need to bang drums much because everything is becoming self evident. Yet the real boom has not even began. In a way coronascam has helped us. Renters in Nai core have left in droves after realising that a job can be switched off at any moment so postponing one's homeownership dream is courting serious disaster. The easiest place to do so that just happens to be the place with unlimited upside, is of course DC.

New Normal!
amorphous
#728 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:23:45 AM

https://www.kenyans.co.k...nyans-move-away-nairobi

Towns to Watch as Kenyans Move Away From Nairobi

Jewel in the Crown

Quote:
The real estate market in Nairobi has witnessed an emerging trend over the last year in which more and more residents are moving away from the capital and into emerging satellite towns.

These towns are in different counties, but which border the Kenyan capital, where a rapid improvement in infrastructure and affordable housing has resulted in a mass migration from Nairobi.

Satellite cities are small or medium-sized cities near a large town, for instance; smaller towns near Nairobi, Mombasa, or Kisumu.

Most of these satellite towns predate the metropolis’ suburban expansion and are partially independent of the bigger town both economically and socially.

Some of the counties that have benefited a lot due to their proximity to the city include Kiambu, Machakos, and Kajiado, which all have satellite towns considered part of the Nairobi Metropolitan area.

According to HassConsults 2020 Land Price Index report, these satellite towns controlled approximately 60% of property transactions in 2020.

Kitengela 19.1% control, Ruiru 15.1%, Thika 9.4%, Ongata Rongai and Ngong both tied at 7.9% market share of the properties on sale.

For 2021, the investment opportunity within the Nairobi Metropolitan Area land sector lies in satellite towns such as Limuru, Thika, and Athi River; and suburbs such as Ridgeways and Kasarani supported by the relatively high annual capital appreciation of above 8.0%.

Here's a look at the satellite towns to watch in Kenya's Real Estate Market in 2021.

Ruiru

With an estimated population of at least 490,000 residents, the town is one of the most heavily populated in the country.

The rapid increase in population has been linked to the infrastructure development along the Thika Superhighway as well as the Northern and Eastern Bypass.
Traffic on a section Of Thika Super Highway as seen on November 11, 2019.
Traffic on a section Of Thika Super Highway as seen on November 11, 2019.
File

The fast-growing town has also been earmarked for the Nairobi Mass Rapid Transit System making it convenient for people who work in Nairobi's Central Business District (CBD).

Kikuyu

Following the establishment of a vast road network in the area, Kikuyu is the only town along the Southern Bypass which connects Mombasa Road to the Nairobi-Naivasha Highway.

Coupled with the ongoing expansion of Waiyaki Way, the satellite town has recorded a major boom in demand for residential houses.

Athi River

Located in Machakos County, the town has seen a massive influx of Nairobi residents over the last few years.

The mass migration into Athi River and its environs was so great at some point it was described as a key 'dormitory' for Nairobi's working population.

Satellite towns with high potential

Below are some of Kenya’s fastest-growing satellite towns in no specific order because they are dynamic: Kitengela, Thindigua, Ruaka, Juja, Ngong, Thika, Lower Kabete, Rongai, and Uthiru.

On the other hand, investor demand is expected to apply pressure on land prices in these satellite towns which could lead to a spike in prices.

There is also reduced disposable income among consumers and an oversupply in select sectors which include; the middle - high-end residential sectors.

Tulisema hizi vitu zamani sanaDrool
For the umpteenth time, I say it is a no brainer where to invest when;

1. You have the cheapest land prices in Nairobi Metro..all else being equal
2. For the highest upside due to rapidly expanding middle class moving in that will slowly cause prices to tick upwards
3. And the highest amount of available land for development (by far DC leads here)

Look at the stats on Jewel in the Crown. A city four times smaller that Ruiru yet controlling the bulk (almost 20%) of land transactions IN THE ENTIRE NAIROBI METROPOLITAN Drool

Invest in DC or perish!
New Normal!
amorphous
#729 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:35:21 AM

Incredible progress. Basic infrastructure almost complete, data centre in place!

Mark my words DC in general and Jewel in the Crown (Kitengela) to be specific, will be the biggest beneficiaries of one of Africa's biggest and most transformational projects (Konza City)smile Applause

https://www.construction...argest-projects-africa/

Nimesema!

New Normal!
amorphous
#730 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 9:56:26 AM

Applause Applause Applause

smile

#DCisTheFuture
New Normal!
Fyatu
#731 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 11:56:34 AM

amorphous wrote:

smile

#DCisTheFuture

All these Maendeleo is being implemented by H.E. Uhuru Kenyatta whom the so called wazua elders have called a failed president. In a short span of 9 years this man Uhuru has done wonders..Applause Applause
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
amorphous
#732 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 6:10:39 PM

Fyatu wrote:
amorphous wrote:

smile

#DCisTheFuture

All these Maendeleo is being implemented by H.E. Uhuru Kenyatta whom the so called wazua elders have called a failed president. In a short span of 9 years this man Uhuru has done wonders..Applause Applause

Agreed. TBH on infrastructure, ease of doing business, elec connections, title deeds issuance and projects such as these this administration has put all the previous ones combined to shame. No regime is perfect but this one has delivered big time so far. We here at Jewel in the Crown are waiting to ululate at high decibel when Kitengela Expressway (Laughing out loudly ) is officially opened in December.
New Normal!
sparkly
#733 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:44:49 PM

amorphous wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
amorphous wrote:

smile

#DCisTheFuture

Agreed. TBH on infrastructure, ease of doing business, elec connections, title deeds issuance and projects such as these this administration has put all the previous ones combined to shame. No regime is perfect but this one has delivered big time so far. We here at Jewel in the Crown are waiting to ululate at high decibel when Kitengela Expressway (Laughing out loudly ) is officially opened in December.

Meanwhile sisi tunangoja BAT dividend at 11% Dividend Yield.
Life is short. Live passionately.
amorphous
#734 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 4:48:28 PM

You did not hear it from me but OBC Kitengela, currently under construction, will have Quickmart as the anchor tenant. I predict that the stretch between Enkare to Acacia junction will see prices rise at a crazy rate in the coming few years. Mark my words, a quarter acre in this zone will be 25m kshs or more by 2028. Kitengela the new Runda? Watch this space.....

NIMESEMA!

New Normal!
amorphous
#735 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 1:51:14 AM

Diasporans flooding into Jewel in the Crown, DC big time.

"Taking note of the surrounding infrastructure that is coming up, Kitengela is a hotspot." --Landmark Holdings
New Normal!
amorphous
#736 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 8:42:07 PM

https://www.google.com/a...r-property-boom%3famp=1

Billions poured into Kitengela and Athi River over property boom

Who were those saying at the beginning of this thread ati DC can never be the future? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Invest NOW or perish! Especially in Jewel in the Crown!!
New Normal!
amorphous
#737 Posted : Saturday, March 06, 2021 6:27:30 AM

You won't find such even in Muthaiga Laughing out loudly

#DCisTheFuture

Lerruat Log resort, DC

New Normal!
sqft
#738 Posted : Sunday, March 07, 2021 12:11:21 PM

You can put such a house on your 1/8th huko dustbowl and say good bye to the landlord.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
NewMoney
#739 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 12:46:00 AM

Living in the DC is not an environmentally friendly choice, as if there not enough disadvantages. Environmentally consious people buy apartments and live near their amenities which means they can walk to most if not all, and if they have to take the car, it will be a short environment-friendly ride... also one car will be enough for the family unlike in DC where you may need upto 3 cars per household to attain the same level of flexibility
amorphous
#740 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 1:27:15 PM

NewMoney wrote:
Living in the DC is not an environmentally friendly choice, as if there not enough disadvantages. Environmentally consious people buy apartments and live near their amenities which means they can walk to most if not all, and if they have to take the car, it will be a short environment-friendly ride... also one car will be enough for the family unlike in DC where you may need upto 3 cars per household to attain the same level of flexibility

Industrial area -heaviest polluter in East and Central Africa
Nairobi River..most polluted and filthy river North of the Limpopo. Passes by all the poshest hoods in Nairobi. Drool
Talk about environmentally friendly.
As for distance and amenities..only someone who thinks the universe revolves around decaying Nairobi core says distance is an issue. Who lied to you that all of us commute to Nai core and have no amenitiesLaughing out loudly . I have more amenities in DC than I did in Nai core and at half the cost!

And wait until Kitengela Expressway is open. I will be able to get to Jewel in the Crown from the CBD faster than you can get from your office to your Umoja bedsitterLaughing out loudly (jokes)

Besides..the numbers tell it all. Wake us up when the numbers change my broda. Kenyans are voting with their feet Applause
New Normal!