wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Bamburi Cement 2019
mufasa
#61 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 10:08:11 AM

Standard Chartered seems to be heavily invested in this counter. Seems like good company to invest alongside?
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
VyaBureSiachi
#62 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 10:32:42 AM

mufasa wrote:
Standard Chartered seems to be heavily invested in this counter. Seems like good company to invest alongside?

Remember the 'british experts' in ARM?
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
Angelica _ann
#63 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 10:36:55 AM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
mufasa wrote:

Remember the 'british experts' in ARM?

Those are nominee accounts and not Standard Chartered per se!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Fyatu
#64 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 4:07:50 PM

Is Bamburi a buy at 23 bob?

Cement consumption this year in Kenya might clock 7 million metric tonnes(highest ever) as far as monthly data from Kenya National Bureau of Statistics is concerned.I have read that Bamburi has the highest market share which i doubt given the aggressive expansion by Devki's National cement in the past few years.

As far as price is concerned, Bamburi's Fundi cement is the cheapest at 495 bob, Bamburi's Tembo brand is 500 bob which is at par with Simba, Nyumba and Savannah.

So the question...is Bamburi a buy at 23 bob?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
sparkly
#65 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 1:31:44 PM

mufasa wrote:

Those are nominee accounts.
Life is short. Live passionately.
littledove
#66 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 8:38:59 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Is Bamburi a buy at 23 bob?

Cement consumption this year in Kenya might clock 7 million metric tonnes(highest ever) as far as monthly data from Kenya National Bureau of Statistics is concerned.I have read that Bamburi has the highest market share which i doubt given the aggressive expansion by Devki's National cement in the past few years.

As far as price is concerned, Bamburi's Fundi cement is the cheapest at 495 bob, Bamburi's Tembo brand is 500 bob which is at par with Simba, Nyumba and Savannah.

So the question...is Bamburi a buy at 23 bob?

Bamburi is doing well in taming competition, bamburi fundi, tembo and nguvu brands are allover the market, they are almost overthrowing Mombasa cement which for sometime was a dominant brand in almost every town
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Fyatu
#67 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 8:57:19 AM

littledove wrote:

Bamburi is doing well in taming competition, bamburi fundi, tembo and nguvu brands are allover the market, they are almost overthrowing Mombasa cement which for sometime was a dominant brand in almost every town

Thanks @littledove. From where i am located, Simba seems to be the dominant brand.

Ericsson
#68 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 9:36:53 AM

Fyatu wrote:
littledove wrote:

Thanks @littledove. From where i am located, Simba seems to be the dominant brand.

Simba + ARM cement
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#69 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2021 1:33:51 PM

https://www.standardmedi...s-sale-of-mombasa-plant

Bamburi scraps sale of Mombasa plant
cyruskulei
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 3:34:48 PM

This counter today moved 8m shares. very interesting.

Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

deadpoet
#71 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 7:38:33 AM

Should have gone with my gut and bought this thing below 30
Fyatu
#72 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:24:01 AM

deadpoet wrote:

hehehehe....hindsight is 20/20
sparkly
#73 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:27:07 PM

deadpoet wrote:

Si you buy now? It might rise to 200 bob.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Fyatu
#74 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2021 8:07:00 AM

Devki and Mombasa cement SHOULD BE STOPPED. It is quite hypocritical for these two firms whose top management and top engineers are all foreigners from rural Gujarati to claim to have the interest of Kenya at heart......treasury CS Yattani must not agree to be arm twisted by state capture operatives..DO NOT INCREASE TAX ON CLINKER IMPORTS!!

LINK

https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/kenya/2021-04-03-cement-firms-seek-treasury-meeting-over-clinker-imports/
AndyC
#75 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2021 10:21:07 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Devki and Mombasa cement SHOULD BE STOPPED. It is quite hypocritical for these two firms whose top management and top engineers are all foreigners from rural Gujarati to claim to have the interest of Kenya at heart......treasury CS Yattani must not agree to be arm twisted by state capture operatives..DO NOT INCREASE TAX ON CLINKER IMPORTS!!

LINK

https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/kenya/2021-04-03-cement-firms-seek-treasury-meeting-over-clinker-imports/

I see malice in new-comers calling for an increase in clinker import tax.There is no build Kenya motive.

Ericsson
#76 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2021 11:24:06 AM

AndyC wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

I see malice in new-comers calling for an increase in clinker import tax.There is no build Kenya motive.

They have excess production of clinker.
The companies which don't produce their own clinker prefer to import it rather than buying locally from the new-comers.
Fyatu
#77 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2021 11:56:07 AM

Ericsson wrote:

The companies which don't produce their own clinker prefer to import it rather than buying locally from the new-comers.

Wacha guesswork rafiki....how much clinker in metric tonnes do they produce? Weka numbers hapa
kmucheke
#78 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2021 6:24:34 PM

Ericsson wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

Link
Quote:
Mr Raval is pushing for the increase on the basis that although Kenya has an oversupply with a production capacity of 7.5 million tonnes per annum against a demand of four million tonnes annually, the country imports about two million tonnes every year, costing more than $100 million in foreign exchange.

From the article above, I don't whether Raval is talking about clinker or cement production.
Ali Baba
#79 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2021 3:24:45 PM

kmucheke wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

Link
Quote:
Mr Raval is pushing for the increase on the basis that although Kenya has an oversupply with a production capacity of 7.5 million tonnes per annum against a demand of four million tonnes annually, the country imports about two million tonnes every year, costing more than $100 million in foreign exchange.

From the article above, I don't whether Raval is talking about clinker or cement production.

Me thinks Devki is right. Clicker imports should be discouraged.
Ericsson
#80 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2021 4:35:23 PM

kmucheke wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

Link
Quote:

He is talking about clinker.
Cement Kenya doesn't import,production capacity is more than demand

Cement production link to the article

https://www.businessdail...ts-17-month-high-2288106