wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
80 by 50 plot size - One Bedroom apartments
tegemeo
#1 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 11:22:27 AM

Hi Wazuans,

I am looking to venture into Real Estate and I really need your expertise in an area that is green to me.
I am looking forward to set up one bedroom apartments in a place called Kibos in Kisumu County.
The land size is approx 80ft by 50ft. I will be using Concrete blocks but the partitioning will be done using bricks.

So here are my questions:
1. How may units can I achieve per floor?
2. Can this land size give me 2 apartment building?
3. What is the cost of construction per sq meter unit?
4. How many meter square can the units be?
5. What ways can I use to reduce the construction cost without compromising on quality?
UpcomingPaperChaser
#2 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 1:25:56 PM

Let's assume a permitted Ground Coverage of 70%, that means you will be allowed to optimally build on 2800 square feet per floor.

Most 1-bedrooms are often about 600 square feet, and that means that, by squeezing, you can build about 6-7 units per floor. So for the ground and first floor, assuming 12-14 units.

Depending with the state of finishes that you intend to use, a good, fairly nicely finished house, and considering the cheapness of labor, sand, and water, a rate of Kshs. 2,400 per square foot is feasible.

So, the cost of building the ground and first floor should be roughly in the region of

Kshs. 2,400 per foot X 5,600 square feet = 13 million.

N/B So may assumptions have been made above.
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
tegemeo
#3 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 1:41:57 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
Let's assume a permitted Ground Coverage of 70%, that means you will be allowed to optimally build on 2800 square feet per floor.

Most 1-bedrooms are often about 600 square feet, and that means that, by squeezing, you can build about 6-7 units per floor. So for the ground and first floor, assuming 12-14 units.

Depending with the state of finishes that you intend to use, a good, fairly nicely finished house, and considering the cheapness of labor, sand, and water, a rate of Kshs. 2,400 per square foot is feasible.

So, the cost of building the ground and first floor should be roughly in the region of

1 bedroom about 600 sq ft, 6-7 units per floor in a 80ft length land ? Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
UpcomingPaperChaser
#4 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 1:56:58 PM

tegemeo wrote:

1 bedroom about 600 sq ft, 6-7 units per floor in a 80ft length land ? Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

It is possible. for instance, most 1-bedrooms in Zimmerman, Githurai, and other middle income estates are usually about 6 by 8 meters.

8 meters lenght is about 24 feet, 3 end to end units will be covered in 72 feet
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
tegemeo
#5 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 2:46:22 PM

It is possible. for instance, most 1-bedrooms in Zimmerman, Githurai, and other middle income estates are usually about 6 by 8 meters.

8 meters lenght is about 24 feet, 3 end to end units will be covered in 72 feet

3 end to end units I now get it smile smile
amorphous
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 9:10:28 AM

Was in Roysa juzi and it hit me big time that tiny bedsitters ndiyo mambo yote..forget about 1 br, 2br etc. Kiinya is a bedsitter nation for hasoras through and through as this is a very price conscious society. The jomba I visited with a block on 80x50 is LIVING LIKE A KING humo humo.

The bedsitters are tiny..barely enough space to walk around comfortably. Kitchen sink is a concrete slab with cheap tap. Hiyo tu. Bathroom/toilet combi is a squeezed ka thing with of course Lorenzetti Blinducha instant shower. Building these things is easy as the plinth is basically almost a perfect square and the plumbing outlay is all very close to each other which saves big.

The only big expense I saw was large windows - a smart move by him because it makes those cramped rooms feel bigger than they really are, and the apartment block looks nicer than the others - which attracts more clients.

So the guy lives hapo on site and collects a clean 10k per B/S live live pesha taslimu. And all I saw were slay queens walking around twi twi twi and hanging their undergarments on the clothes lines on the balconies pwaaaa. Imagine 10k x10 units per floor = 100k kash monee as the Naija brodas say, x 5 floors!

These bedsitter apartments are cash flow heavy tu sana. Tunjamaa ananjienyoy jiiii in fact his biggest nightmares are only 2:

1) To ward off the young, tight, slim, fit 20 something tusupuu slayqueens who want to pay "in kind" yet his bibi is also on site.
2) To keep a very low profile and cover his door with a bit of dust while parking his benz very far away so that his tenants do not think "ako na pesa."

Wacha pia sisi tunjege zetu.

Ni hayo tu.

NIMESEMA!
New Normal!
NewMoney
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 9:26:32 PM

amorphous wrote:
Was in Roysa juzi and it hit me big time that tiny bedsitters ndiyo mambo yote..forget about 1 br, 2br etc. Kiinya is a bedsitter nation for hasoras through and through as this is a very price conscious society. The jomba I visited with a block on 80x50 is LIVING LIKE A KING humo humo.

The bedsitters are tiny..barely enough space to walk around comfortably. Kitchen sink is a concrete slab with cheap tap. Hiyo tu. Bathroom/toilet combi is a squeezed ka thing with of course Lorenzetti Blinducha instant shower. Building these things is easy as the plinth is basically almost a perfect square and the plumbing outlay is all very close to each other which saves big.

The only big expense I saw was large windows - a smart move by him because it makes those cramped rooms feel bigger than they really are, and the apartment block looks nicer than the others - which attracts more clients.

So the guy lives hapo on site and collects a clean 10k per B/S live live pesha taslimu. And all I saw were slay queens walking around twi twi twi and hanging their undergarments on the clothes lines on the balconies pwaaaa. Imagine 10k x10 units per floor = 100k kash monee as the Naija brodas say, x 5 floors!

These bedsitter apartments are cash flow heavy tu sana. Tunjamaa ananjienyoy jiiii in fact his biggest nightmares are only 2:

1) To ward off the young, tight, slim, fit 20 something tusupuu slayqueens who want to pay "in kind" yet his bibi is also on site.
2) To keep a very low profile and cover his door with a bit of dust while parking his benz very far away so that his tenants do not think "ako na pesa."

Wacha pia sisi tunjege zetu.

Ni hayo tu.

NIMESEMA!

Yes he is making money, but he is living a very low quality of live...., I mean who wants to live next to Bedsitters and all the shenanigans that come with it or who want to deal with Bedsitter renters whether directly or indirectly. At minimum he invested 60M hapo, angechukua hiyo doo haiweke ata CIC money market he would be collecting a cool 400k PM without talking to a single human being and without spending a single minute to manage it, not to mention the liquidity which keeps his options open.. if he was smarter, like myself, hiyo 60m investments would be paying off over an 1M per month.. anyway, i hope he is enjoying the company of those Ghetto ghels he calls tenants.....
amorphous
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2020 6:29:49 AM

NewMoney wrote:

Yes he is making money, but he is living a very low quality of live...., I mean who wants to live next to Bedsitters and all the shenanigans that come with it or who want to deal with Bedsitter renters whether directly or indirectly. At minimum he invested 60M hapo, angechukua hiyo doo haiweke ata CIC money market he would be collecting a cool 400k PM without talking to a single human being and without spending a single minute to manage it, not to mention the liquidity which keeps his options open.. if he was smarter, like myself, hiyo 60m investments would be paying off over an 1M per month.. anyway, i hope he is enjoying the company of those Ghetto ghels he calls tenants.....

Point taken BUT!.....
1. He spent way less than 60 metre
2. CIC mmarket does not have a capital appreciation component to it, neither is it necessarily safe. Look what happened to Amana.
3. Not everybody wants to live a posh life in Runda. He may really enjoy living there because he enjoys the fruit of his sweat. Remember those Kenyan tycoons of yore who would build hotels and live in one of the rooms hapo. Not everyone wants to live in Muthaiga once they make money.
4. Not everyone hates interacting with human beings. The joy of collecting rent from troublesome tenants IS VERY EXCITING for some of us.
New Normal!
wukan
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 2:36:06 PM

I love the direction kenya real estate is taking. This is how you do studio apartments Applause Applause Applause

Ali Baba
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 3:14:22 PM

amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Point taken BUT!.....
2. CIC mmarket does not have a capital appreciation component to it, neither is it necessarily safe. Look what happened to Amana.
3. Not everybody wants to live a posh life in Runda. He may really enjoy living there because he enjoys the fruit of his sweat. Remember those Kenyan tycoons of yore who would build hotels and live in one of the rooms hapo. Not everyone wants to live in Muthaiga once they make money.
4. Not everyone hates interacting with human beings. The joy of collecting rent from troublesome tenants IS VERY EXCITING for some of us.

That’s not the stellar investment of 2020.If he took the 60m and bought into Tesla in January, he would be on Forbes list. The truth, investing is a wide area and it depends on the individual investors choices. Not what others think about what the other guy should do with his cash. Let's accept diversity of thought.
amorphous
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 5:27:43 PM

wukan wrote:
I love the direction kenya real estate is taking. This is how you do studio apartments Applause Applause Applause

heheheheh wukan you have a strange fascination with studios in the leeward parts of NaiLaughing out loudly. Anyway, maybe you were onto something so let me not pee too much on your dreams. That Roysa experience has really changed my perspective on bedsitters!
New Normal!
amorphous
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 5:29:14 PM

Ali Baba wrote:
amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Point taken BUT!.....
3. Not everybody wants to live a posh life in Runda. He may really enjoy living there because he enjoys the fruit of his sweat. Remember those Kenyan tycoons of yore who would build hotels and live in one of the rooms hapo. Not everyone wants to live in Muthaiga once they http://wazua.co.ke/edito...ditor/underline.gifmake money.

That’s not the stellar investment of 2020.If he took the 60m and bought into Tesla in January, he would be on Forbes list. The truth, investing is a wide area and it depends on the individual investors choices. Not what others think about what the other guy should do with his cash. Let's accept diversity of thought.

So why didn't Alibaba take his 60m and invest in Tesla so that we could see you on said list? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Talk is cheap and hindsight is always 20/20 blatha.
As for diversity of thought, that goes without saying :)
New Normal!
Ali Baba
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 5:51:58 PM

amorphous wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:
amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Point taken BUT!.....
3. Not everybody wants to live a posh life in Runda. He may really enjoy living there because he enjoys the fruit of his sweat. Remember those Kenyan tycoons of yore who would build hotels and live in one of the rooms hapo. Not everyone wants to live in Muthaiga once they http://wazua.co.ke/edito...ditor/underline.gifmake money.

So why didn't Alibaba take his 60m and invest in Tesla so that we could see you on said list? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
even yours above is cheap. Let people invest the way they want to
Ali Baba
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 6:00:46 PM

Ali Baba wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:
amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:

Point taken BUT!.....

High networth individuals in Sub Saharan Africa invest most of their assets in the real estate,except in South Africa. But other markets, they invest in financial markets... From Business Daily...
amorphous
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 7:11:08 PM

Ali Baba wrote:

Who has ever said people should not invest where they want to? smile Laughing out loudly
New Normal!
Ali Baba
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 8:03:50 PM

amorphous wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:

Who has ever said people should not invest where they want to? smile Laughing out loudly

Exactly. The above argument was not supposed to be. Since we're of different character, background and interests, whoever wants to invest in CIC, or bedsitters should not even consider the views of the other. Investments are as diverse as the 7b people who populate the earth. It would be a tragedy if the 7b people invested in the same way. If you love bedsitters, CIC, Bitcoin, Tesla, Safaricom or Microsoft, the world is big.... Do your thing.
amorphous
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 8:32:56 PM

Ali Baba wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:

Exactly. The above argument was not supposed to be. Since we're of different character, background and interests, whoever wants to invest in CIC, or bedsitters should not even consider the views of the other. Investments are as diverse as the 7b people who populate the earth. It would be a tragedy if the 7b people invested in the same way. If you love bedsitters, CIC, Bitcoin, Tesla, Safaricom or Microsoft, the world is big.... Do your thing.

Pray tell, if this be so, what's the purpose of wazoo? Laughing out loudly
New Normal!
Ali Baba
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 8:41:04 PM

amorphous wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Ali Baba wrote:

Just read what we write here. Divorce emotions from your thoughts and act the way you deem fit. In March, Wazuans priced Safaricom at 14,we read, ignored and acted on our own.

Pray tell, if this be so, what's the purpose of wazoo? Laughing out loudly

amorphous
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2020 7:30:29 AM

wukan wrote:

@wukan as i said you might be on to something.
The slayqueens do love their bedsitters.
I guess the strategy would be to build a decent quality bedsitter and rent for cheap (under 10k) to ensure near 100% occupancy Drool

New Normal!
amorphous
#20 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2021 9:25:06 AM

Design chonjo sana. They want USD 200 for it for those of you looking for plans.

New Normal!