Kirinyaga road ya huko NYC $2450

Studio za Nairobi Ksh14k. Nairobi architects need a bit of refinement kidogo tu
amorphous
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2020 12:09:55 PM

wukan wrote:
Kirinyaga road ya huko NYC $2450

Studio za Nairobi Ksh14k. Nairobi architects need a bit of refinement kidogo tu

Wukan,
Would you live in this 14k Kamiti Prison style cell posted hapa? And this is supposed to compete with DC? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Face it, Nai core loses both ways..
1. The middle classes will not live in 14k bedsitters in rough neighbourhoods like Park Road (funny how she keeps saying "nice views" yet the opposite is the case)
2. The hustlers will not live in the same 14k bedsitters when they can pay 50bob each way to Jewel in the Crown and live in a spacious newly built bedsitter for 5k or less.

I just do not see how your bedsitter above is a good investment.
Age and family mellows us all over time
amorphous
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2020 12:15:01 PM

"The decline of Ngara started after independence in 1963." --Rashida Adamali, resident.

radiomast
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2020 5:12:50 PM

amorphous wrote:
"The decline of Ngara started after independence in 1963." --Rashida Adamali, resident.

The decline of most Nairobi residential areas started in 1963 and has been in steep decline. Muzungu left us a good city and we ruined it in typical Mwafrika fashion
amorphous
#45 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2020 1:40:42 PM

radiomast wrote:
amorphous wrote:

The decline of most Nairobi residential areas started in 1963 and has been in steep decline. Muzungu left us a good city and we ruined it in typical Mwafrika fashion

Woooooi you are crushing Wukan's Grogon luxury bedsitter dreams Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
wukan
#46 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2020 8:40:24 AM

amorphous wrote:

Wukan,
Would you live in this 14k Kamiti Prison style cell posted hapa? And this is supposed to compete with DC? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
1. The middle classes will not live in 14k bedsitters in rough neighbourhoods like Park Road (funny how she keeps saying "nice views" yet the opposite is the case)
2. The hustlers will not live in the same 14k bedsitters when they can pay 50bob each way to Jewel in the Crown and live in a spacious newly built bedsitter for 5k or less.

woi, funky town is not competing with DC. Those videos you posted actually reinforce what I tell you about funkytown. You have performing arts theatres, you have old school people from 1940s,70s and the young students. That cultural dynamism you can't find in DC. Is there a single theatre in the whole of DC?

Here's another video done by the same PYT. See even old school houses have all modern amenities. You will see funkytown folks have bikes and they walk and spend more time in artistic pursuits not sitting in traffic jams for 4 hours

wukan
#47 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2020 9:38:21 AM

amorphous wrote:
radiomast wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Woooooi you are crushing Wukan's Grogon luxury bedsitter dreams Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

amorphous
#48 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2020 12:43:15 PM

wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Wukan,

woi, funky town is not competing with DC. Those videos you posted actually reinforce what I tell you about funkytown. You have performing arts theatres, you have old school people from 1940s,70s and the young students. That cultural dynamism you can't find in DC. Is there a single theatre in the whole of DC?

Here's another video done by the same PYT. See even old school houses have all modern amenities. You will see funkytown folks have bikes and they walk and spend more time in artistic pursuits not sitting in traffic jams for 4 hours

-The bike in the corridor appears to belong to the lady who is trying to hawk these bedsitters ama?
- The view in this one appears to be of the same crumbling unpainted semi-slum estate featured in the area code video.
- The dukas on street level could harbour dangerous criminals who watch your every move and know when you come in and go out. Breakins risk galore (simple window grilles cannot stop them)
- Iffy 1940s house wiring can be a fire hazard..yikes!
-Walls have been painted over so many times that new coats do not add any value.
-Very little in terms of upgrades have been done to these apartments. Just a tiny MDF cabinet and paint coat. Even the doors are the origi ones from the 1940s with 20 coats of paint on them Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
- That kitchen tap is a wonder to behold
- I do not see a single soul in that entire building meaning occupancy is 0.00%

Who on earth will be the target clientele for these?

Wukan, dreaming is good but yours are on just another level.

On DC performing arts theatres and culture...kwani you think we just sit around without any arts and culture hapa twiddling our thumbs watching our goats fart? Drool

https://www.conceptualfi...tist-community-nairobi/

https://www.kitengelaglassart.com/

http://www.watesmusicconcept.com/

https://soundbetter.com/...39762-awesome-production
amorphous
#49 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2020 12:50:54 PM

wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:
radiomast wrote:
amorphous wrote:

This one is slightly better but at 28k with those depressing concrete jungle views, I wonder again who will rent this?
wukan
#50 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 5:23:02 PM

@amorphous come here and see how beautiful grogon was supposed to be before the kanjuras from Murang'a took over the planning of this city and let mechanics defile the place.

Freeze at 8:12-8:14 and see prime real estate

wukan
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 5:36:41 PM

Now undoing the mess in grogon after 70 years

amorphous
#52 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 8:31:12 AM

wukan wrote:
Now undoing the mess in grogon after 70 years

Good stuffApplause
If only we had NMS 30 years ago. Nairobi would gave been Seoul by now smile
Fyatu
#53 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 7:37:18 PM

While i appreciate what Gen Badi and HE Uhuru are doing in Nairobi, my buddy JP Magufuli is setting standards hapo Dar es Saalam.

If you asked me, all terminus should be minimum 12 kilometers from CBD. For example, all buses from Mombasa, voi, lower Eastern should terminate at Syokimau. All matatus from NorthEastern, Upper Eastern and Central should terminate in Ruiru, all Buses from Riftvalley, Western and Nyanza should terminate in Uthiru etc.

I like how Tanzania and Rwanda are leading in management public transport. It is a wake up call for Kenya.

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Queen
#54 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 10:07:33 AM

Fyatu wrote:
While i appreciate what Gen Badi and HE Uhuru are doing in Nairobi, my buddy JP Magufuli is setting standards hapo Dar es Saalam.

If you asked me, all terminus should be minimum 12 kilometers from CBD. For example, all buses from Mombasa, voi, lower Eastern should terminate at Syokimau. All matatus from NorthEastern, Upper Eastern and Central should terminate in Ruiru, all Buses from Riftvalley, Western and Nyanza should terminate in Uthiru etc.

I like how Tanzania and Rwanda are leading in management public transport. It is a wake up call for Kenya.

To rid Nairobi of traffic congestion, private cars ought to be the ones terminating at 12KM from the CBD.

Claiming that traffic congestion in the CBD is caused by public transport is a fallacy.
sqft
#55 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 11:08:41 AM

Fyatu wrote:

Then how do you get to the office hapo cbd? Will the few govt buses be able to ferry the millions into town.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sqft
#56 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 11:26:01 AM

Queen wrote:

To rid Nairobi of traffic congestion, private cars ought to be the ones terminating at 12KM from the CBD.

Claiming that traffic congestion in the CBD is caused by public transport is a fallacy.

Exactly. In any traffic jam, 90% of vehicles are private vehicles with 1-2 occupants while 10% are matatus with 14-50 passengers. If all vehicles going to cbd were matatus we would be moving 50x more people per unit time. To move people efficiently and eliminate traffic jams we need to remove the 90% "useless private vehicles" from roads within 12km radius of cbd.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Fyatu
#57 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 11:46:08 AM

Queen wrote:

Granted. Private cars should also terminate 12 km from CBD as they currently do at Syokimau railway station albeit in a small scale. The light trains(and future BRT) should then ferry the masses to CBD. If one chooses to drive and park at CBD then parking fee should be kshs. 1500 per three hours.

The Githurai railway station does not look safe for someone to leave their brand-new-second-hand Japanese jalopy for a whole day.
Fyatu
#58 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 11:50:06 AM

sqft wrote:

Then how do you get to the office hapo cbd? Will the few govt buses be able to ferry the millions into town.

From Githurai, Syokimau etc, middle-class wazuans should take the light trains introduced recently. However, the Githurai railway station leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see wazuans leaving their jalopies for a whole day under the care of kauzis.
sqft
#59 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 12:04:52 PM

Fyatu wrote:
sqft wrote:

From Githurai, Syokimau etc, middle-class wazuans should take the light trains introduced recently. However, the Githurai railway station leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see wazuans leaving their jalopies for a whole day under the care of kauzis.

To solve nairobis transport problem what we need are more high capacity vehicles moving people into and out of the city. The high capacity vehicles could be govt owned or privately owned (matatus). And since the govt isnt very good in doing business and especially running buses, what we need are more matatus within the cbd. The railway isnt as efficient as matatus coz of the capacity and frequency of services and also due to the location of the train stations. eg would someone drive from membley to park his new fielder at githurai or ruiru so as to catch the train? He would rather leave his car at home and catch the matatu outside his gate.

So in other words what we need are more matatus in the cbd and fewer or no private cars.
wukan
#60 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 2:45:14 PM

I hope this place will be like Khlong Ong Ang Canal in Bangkok. Pray