126 Pages«<116117118119120>»
Madness at the NSE
Ericsson
#2341 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 8:36:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=wukan]Institutional investors also ditched NSE

Quote:
HOW FAR IS JUBILEE IN CUTTING ITS RELIANCE ON EARNINGS FROM THE NAIROBI SECURITIES EXCHANGE (NSE) INVESTMENTS?

We are buying practically no stocks in the stock market. We stopped buying new shares at the NSE three years ago. Where possible, we are ditching stocks.

We are less dependent on the stock market right now. We have taken a similar stand on property investment. Our properties are primarily those for our own needs as opposed to investment purposes. For instance, we have one in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Kampala and Burundi but mainly for our office needs. We believe in investments that are good for investors and not just for making a statement. NSE and property investments have condemned many insurers into unstable returns.

https://www.businessdail...er-allianz-deal-2732266[/quote]

Watalia machozi baadaye
Hindsight is 20/20. I wish I had followed their strategy since TanoTena! If not for KK, I would be crying my eyes out!

The reality is that most stocks on the NSE are below 2017 prices even if the underlying performance is good.

The difference between most of us and Jubilee is they have the ability to deploy a lot of cash into shares when they are ready. In the meantime, they make 6-11% on bonds with little risk. Also $ investments which the KES keeps on depreciating. It's already flirting with 110.

Jubilee isn't perfect but it is the best performing insurance firm on the NSE.

In addition, Allianz Africa will take an 8% stake in Jubilee holdings.Kwani Jubilee were squeezed kabisa.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#2342 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 8:48:59 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:
HOW FAR IS JUBILEE IN CUTTING ITS RELIANCE ON EARNINGS FROM THE NAIROBI SECURITIES EXCHANGE (NSE) INVESTMENTS?

We are buying practically no stocks in the stock market. We stopped buying new shares at the NSE three years ago. Where possible, we are ditching stocks.

We are less dependent on the stock market right now. We have taken a similar stand on property investment. Our properties are primarily those for our own needs as opposed to investment purposes. For instance, we have one in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Kampala and Burundi but mainly for our office needs. We believe in investments that are good for investors and not just for making a statement. NSE and property investments have condemned many insurers into unstable returns.

Watalia machozi baadaye
Hindsight is 20/20. I wish I had followed their strategy since TanoTena! If not for KK, I would be crying my eyes out!

The reality is that most stocks on the NSE are below 2017 prices even if the underlying performance is good.

The difference between most of us and Jubilee is they have the ability to deploy a lot of cash into shares when they are ready. In the meantime, they make 6-11% on bonds with little risk. Also $ investments which the KES keeps on depreciating. It's already flirting with 110.

In addition, Allianz Africa will take an 8% stake in Jubilee holdings.Kwani Jubilee were squeezed kabisa.
Squeezed by what?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#2343 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 8:54:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

Squeezed by what?

Allianz to give more than the general insurance majority stake
VituVingiSana
#2344 Posted : Saturday, November 07, 2020 6:28:08 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

Squeezed by what?

As long as JHL was paid well for it, it's all good. I would love to have my shareholding bought out at a nice premium. Or an entity paying a nice premium for a % of the business.

JHL shareholders got cash when cash is king. If JHL decides to buy assets e.g. shares, it can buy a lot more at a discount.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#2345 Posted : Saturday, November 07, 2020 7:55:42 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

Squeezed by what?

As long as JHL was paid well for it, it's all good. I would love to have my shareholding bought out at a nice premium. Or an entity paying a nice premium for a % of the business.

JHL shareholders got cash when cash is king. If JHL decides to buy assets e.g. shares, it can buy a lot more at a discount.

Let's see how JHL will make use of the cash.
Ericsson
#2346 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2020 11:23:36 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

Safaricom share price has defied Tano tena and tripled in share price
VituVingiSana
#2347 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2020 3:06:06 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

Wow! I had no idea. Please share the data and source. Thanks.
Ericsson
#2348 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2020 8:28:24 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

You can check here.
May 3 2013 Safaricom share price was at 7.05

https://www.investing.co...afaricom-historical-data
VituVingiSana
#2349 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2020 10:47:51 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

You can check here.

https://www.investing.co...faricom-historical-data

Tangatanga brigade.

JHL's Chairman said "We stopped buying new shares at the NSE three years ago. Where possible, we are ditching stocks."

I said "The reality is that most stocks on the NSE are below 2017 prices even if the underlying performance is good." which was relevant to the conversation about JHL disinvesting from the NSE.

Na unatoa vitu vya 2013.
Ericsson
#2350 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2020 3:03:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

You can check here.

Tangatanga brigade.

JHL's Chairman said "We stopped buying new shares at the NSE three years ago. Where possible, we are ditching stocks."

I said "The reality is that most stocks on the NSE are below 2017 prices even if the underlying performance is good." which was relevant to the conversation about JHL disinvesting from the NSE.

Na unatoa vitu vya 2013.

The chairman of Jubilee holdings is lying,last year they bought a good chunk of Kenya Re shares and they are now top 10 shareholders.Source is in the Kenya Re 2019 Annual Report.
So they are still buying shares in the NSE
Ericsson
#2351 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2020 3:05:19 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye

You can check here.

Tangatanga brigade.

Na unatoa vitu vya 2013.

Even in a bear market there is money to be made
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2352 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2020 3:10:01 PM

Dow up 5% breaking the 29,500 pre covid resistance on news Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine More Than 90% Effective.

Gotta love the Dems. Perfect timing.....just a day after Biden is declared president.
@SufficientlyP
#2353 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2020 3:13:27 PM

Hopefully, there will be madness at our slow and battered NSE tomorrowsmile
@SufficientlyP
Ericsson
#2354 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 9:05:34 AM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
Hopefully, there will be madness at our slow and battered NSE tomorrowsmile

Let's wait for Q3 banking results this month first.
#2355 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 11:35:39 AM

Seems the NSE20 quietly bottomed at 1724 in August as investors writhing in pain due to the wounds inflicted by a slow motion rout at the NSE stayed away.
Even @Mnadii is rarely seen nowadays.
Meanwhile, we patiently await his 14 call on Safaricom to materialisesmile

@SufficientlyP
VituVingiSana
#2356 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2020 12:35:11 AM

May you have a wonderful 2021!
Realtreaty
#2357 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2020 7:58:27 PM

For long time holders the Covid-19 went against Warren Buffet ideals.
There is no more attraction in NSE today as holding at 25 and coming to sell at 5 is the worst investment game during shortage of revenue from both own investment and General employment.
Realtreaty
#2358 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 9:07:59 PM

What will happen to the Market when Mumias stsrt trading?

Why has the govt decided to punish Sugar growers by importing cheap sugar than supporting Mumias and installing another General to take care of it for profitability?

I see new firms like Kabras sugar copying Mumias packaging method and occupying more shelves!!!

We need to bring Mumias back soon.
Ericsson
#2359 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 11:12:58 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
What will happen to the Market when Mumias stsrt trading?

Why has the govt decided to punish Sugar growers by importing cheap sugar than supporting Mumias and installing another General to take care of it for profitability?

I see new firms like Kabras sugar copying Mumias packaging method and occupying more shelves!!!

We need to bring Mumias back soon.

Sugar growers are not being punished by government.It's the selfish interest of the local leaders.
To them it's lucrative to their pockets to import sugar than grow it.
cyruskulei
#2360 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:29:47 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
For long time holders the Covid-19 went against Warren Buffet ideals.
There is no more attraction in NSE today as holding at 25 and coming to sell at 5 is the worst investment game during shortage of revenue from both own investment and General employment.

Hapa u have expressed pure truth. But to be strong and stay alive might be the only short term option
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.