wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages123>»
Reject This BBI Joke
alma1
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:46:41 AM

Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

I am now officially in the hustler nation.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

kaka2za
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 11:11:15 AM

alma1 wrote:
Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

What did you expect?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
gk
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 11:37:54 AM

alma1 wrote:
Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

Are the two sides (handcheck vs hustlers) our only choices? If so, we are doomed!
Hopefully, a credible third force will emerge in good time by the next election.
alma1
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 11:55:42 AM

gk wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

Are the two sides (handcheck vs hustlers) our only choices? If so, we are doomed!
Hopefully, a credible third force will emerge in good time by the next election.

Yes we have a choice.

This one is not a choice

1 President
1 Vice President
1 Prime Minister
2 Deputy Prime Ministers
47 Governors
47 Deputy governors
1 Leader of Opposition
94 Senators
360 MPs
47 Elected Women Representatives
21 Cabinet Ministers
42 Assistant Ministers
3490 MCAs
1450 chiefs

This is madness of the highest order. It should fail and fail miserably.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

famooz
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 12:16:41 PM

alma1 wrote:
gk wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

Yes we have a choice.

This one is not a choice

1 President
1 Vice President
1 Prime Minister
2 Deputy Prime Ministers
47 Governors
47 Deputy governors
1 Leader of Opposition
94 Senators
360 MPs
21 Cabinet Ministers
42 Assistant Ministers
3490 MCAs
1450 chiefs

Hehehe, tutalipa hawa watu na nini ?
This is a joke.

masukuma
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 12:27:18 PM

famooz wrote:
alma1 wrote:
gk wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

Yes we have a choice.

This one is not a choice

1 President
1 Vice President
1 Prime Minister
2 Deputy Prime Ministers
47 Governors
47 Deputy governors
1 Leader of Opposition
94 Senators
360 MPs
21 Cabinet Ministers
42 Assistant Ministers
3490 MCAs
1450 chiefs

This is a joke.

It's like going back to the Grand Coalition Government except that it's much worse! it's the Grand Coalition Government on steroids!!!

Remember each of these seats is an OFFICE not just 1 guy. There will be cars, messengers, drivers, tea girls, Secretaries, PAs etc. accompanying each of these offices.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Lolest!
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 1:36:38 PM

The only BBI I could have given a chance would be one that kills the useless senate.

Otherwise I am so biased against it mpaka I don't think I'll manage to read it.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Uram
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:01:08 PM

alma1 wrote:
gk wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

Yes we have a choice.

This one is not a choice

1 President
1 Vice President
1 Prime Minister
2 Deputy Prime Ministers
47 Governors
47 Deputy governors
1 Leader of Opposition
94 Senators
360 MPs
21 Cabinet Ministers
42 Assistant Ministers
3490 MCAs
1450 chiefs

110 Senators- 94 elected, 16 nominated.

Majority and Minority leaders in both houses?????
Impunity
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:02:12 PM

famooz wrote:
alma1 wrote:
gk wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

Yes we have a choice.

This one is not a choice

1 President
1 Vice President
1 Prime Minister
2 Deputy Prime Ministers
47 Governors
47 Deputy governors
1 Leader of Opposition
94 Senators
360 MPs
21 Cabinet Ministers
42 Assistant Ministers
3490 MCAs
1450 chiefs

This is a joke.

@famoos sasa? Habari ya masiku?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Wakanyugi
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:43:04 PM

My friends, I hear you.

But let me remind you if I may:

1. The price to be paid here is nothing compared to what we pay already, through theft, mismanagement and other chicanery. At least now we might get some peace and quiet in addition.

2. If chaos comes nobody get to chose the price to pay for peace. You pay what is demanded. Kenya has approached this precipice several times already. If bribing our ravenous politicians (as indeed this is what it is) is what will guarantee our children and grand children get to have a life in Kenya, I say why not?

3. This kind of fix is not new, not even for Kenya. We had it after 2007. Unfortunately, in the excitement of Katiba crafting, we lost the principle lesson of that painful period, to wit:

"It is not about democracy. It is not even about justice. It is about 'eat and let eat."

Kizungu ingine wachia NGO.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
murchr
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:48:07 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
My friends, I hear you.

1. The price to be paid here is nothing compared to what we pay already, through theft and mismanagement already. At least now we might get some peace and quiet in addition.

2. If chaos comes nobody get to chose the price to pay for peace. You pay what is demanded. Kenya has approached this precipice several times already. If bribing our ravenous politicians (as indeed this is what it is) is what will guarantee our children and grand children get to have a life in Kenya, I say why not?

3. This kind of fix is not new, not even for Kenya. We had it after 2007. Unfortunately, in the excitement of Katiba crafting, we lost the principle lesson of that painful period, to wit:

"It is not about democracy. It is not even about justice. It is about 'eat and let eat."

Wacha kutafuta kazi wazua.

No MP or Presidential candidate would die because Kenyans have rejected them. Kenyans fight because of being paid to do so by these same politicians. even with 100 new senators and 1000 MPs, the losers will still kill.

Apart from that, the president wants to take aeay the independence of the judiciary to bring back Moism dah!

If you can move out of Kenya do so, or look for ways to send your money in those safe islands this is bullshit
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:50:40 PM

alma1 wrote:
Like surely..

94 senators, 390 mpigs?

WELCOME! IT HAS TAKEN YOU FAR TOO LONG
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Fyatu
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:52:15 PM

Just watched H.E. Baba and H.E. Uhuru in Kisumu. From the look of things Kisumu(probably Nyanza) is locked. I now wait to see H.E. Baba and H.E. Uhuru in Kabiru-ini grounds...sanasana how the people will receive Baba. If reception is good then the real tyranny of numbers will set in....hata 2022 itakuwa nywee kwa bwana Safi.

However, if BBI fails at referendum then, it is bw. Hustler ndani ndani ndaani kabisa.

I am just being pragmatic here....a Baba, Uhuru combo is un-stopable...the real tsunami
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
aemathenge
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:16:16 PM

I will go with Kithuru Kindiki's take on BBI

Quote:
"The BBI Report is out.

Too much flowery language and an attempt to re-write the Constitution afresh.

It doubles the size of Parliament (wage bill) and seeks to reward ethnic chiefs from the 5 biggest ethnic communities (going by Kenya's voting pattern since independence).

Nothing to guarantee the "inclusion" of the other 39 ethnicities, not to mention that the underlying philosophy of the Report is in irredeemably flawed:

That if an ethnic kingpin (usually old or rich or both) is at the High Table, the entire community automatically prospers.

Most of the needlessly long tales in the Report can be achieved in a very short period of time by fully implementing only one Article of the Constitution:

Article 10 on National Values & Principles of Governance.

The rest of the stuff suggested for constitutional amendment can be addressed by ordinary Parliamentary Statutes.

An appropriate Constitutional moment is lacking and if it exists, it is Leaders-driven and not people-demanded.

Equally, it is the Leaders and not the masses who are obsessed with this Prime Minister thing.

Lastly, nothing prevents devolution of 35% of National Revenue to Counties as at now since the 15% is simply put as the floor (minimum) and not the ceiling (maximum).

Conclusion: The report neither bells the cat nor does it thread the needle.

I will digest it and re-read it several times over before I make up my mind and cast my lot with the Majority of the citizens of our dear country."
Lolest!
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 5:53:22 PM

Wakanyuge, allow me to disagree on these 2 points
Wakanyugi wrote:

This bribery will NOT work!! We are creating a Presidency which can hire a PM without parliamentary approval(soma BBI, inasema parliamentary, but if parliament fails to approve, President's man is PM!) and fires PM without approval.

In a system with President, DP, PM & 2 DPMs, the politicians and their followers are not too kondoo to tell who yields the ultimate power. EVERY ETHNIC COMMUNITY WILL WANT TO HAVE THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAT!

This fix is new. The 2008 coalition did not give Kibaki the kind of powers we're giving the next President here.

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
thuks
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 7:04:20 PM

The President has bought himself and kenyans peace for the last 2yrs at a good offer price. but the 'savings' will be blown in a year if bbi is successful
I care!
Wakanyugi
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 8:47:34 PM

murchr wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
My friends, I hear you.

1. The price to be paid here is nothing compared to what we pay already, through theft and mismanagement already. At least now we might get some peace and quiet in addition.

No MP or Presidential candidate would die because Kenyans have rejected them. Kenyans fight because of being paid to do so by these same politicians. even with 100 new senators and 1000 MPs, the losers will still kill.

Apart from that, the president wants to take aeay the independence of the judiciary to bring back Moism dah!

If you can move out of Kenya do so, or look for ways to send your money in those safe islands this is bullshit

Come srowry my friend.

Before you chock on your emotional tirades I suggest you read up on the recent history of, say, Sierra Leone, Liberia or, more recently, South Sudan. In their desperate search for peace, after the near deaths of their nations, they used similar egotistical kizungu mingi. BS, historical injustices, no so and so etc etc.

Guess what? The price they had to pay for peace was seeing their killers walk free or even placed to rule over them. Remember Foday Sankoh? Kenya, nearly went the same way recently, which you have probably forgotten already.

Leadership is not a zero sum game. Those who are too proud to see this lesson are likely to have to learn it the hard way.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
murchr
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:01:07 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
murchr wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
My friends, I hear you.

Come srowry my friend.

Before you chock on your emotional tirades I suggest you read up on the recent history of, say, Sierra Leone, Liberia or, more recently, South Sudan. In their desperate search for peace, after the near deaths of their nations, they used similar egotistical kizungu mingi. BS, historical injustices, no so and so etc etc.

Guess what? The price they had to pay for peace was seeing their killers walk free or even placed to rule over them. Remember Foday Sankoh? Kenya, nearly went the same way recently, which you have probably forgotten already.

Leadership is not a zero sum game. Those who are too proud to see this lesson are likely to have to learn it the hard way.

Did Kenyans fight in 2013? What about 2017?

All this is a grand scheme to have certain people in politics forever. Why do people only fight in certain areas and not some? I have never heard Kaos fighting after Kalonzo's coalition looses. Kenyans are more mature politically than S.Sudanese or Sierra Leoneans we need to learn to accept the will of the people. Creating posts to accommodate a TRIBAL CHIEF MOSTLY A RICH MAN a demagogue is not a solution to poverty or peace to say the least. The way the economy is going we will be another Nigeria in the coming months
sqft
#19 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 11:12:36 AM

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
newfarer
#20 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 11:15:53 PM

To stop the nonesense tupitishe with a disclaimer that it will be applicable 10 years from now.If it is about us and future generations
punda amecheka