wazua Wed, Dec 2, 2020
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<1213141516>»
Kenya Power HY 2019
Ericsson
#261 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 8:30:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,142
Location: NAIROBI
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Metch wrote:
moneydust wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Kenya-Powers-debt-to-KenGen/4003102-5622800-14nte8oz/index.html


This company is soon going the Kenya Airways way...it's only lucky that it's too big to fail otherwise it would be headed the Uchumi way


The tragedy is pulling KEGN down with it.
Soon we'll buy KEGN for a song so cheap I wont mind the long wait to recoup

they have no where else to sell their power


The tough question is how will Kenya Power get out of its financial hole.



Gok should reduce its shareholding from the current 50% to 25%.That way management of the company will improve and finances will be healthy.

Government shareholding in Mumias is at 20% and Uchumi less than 15%.
We all know what happened to both of them.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#262 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2020 9:14:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,142
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.standardmedi...-to-cut-firms-power-use

There is excess power,firms should be encouraged to consume more
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
heri
#263 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2020 10:46:47 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 791
Location: nairobi
Who has some insights on the proposed 20% increment in power tariffs that KPLC is seeking

I see that there is a case in court on the same
Ericsson
#264 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2020 11:27:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,142
Location: NAIROBI
heri wrote:
Who has some insights on the proposed 20% increment in power tariffs that KPLC is seeking

I see that there is a case in court on the same

https://www.businessdail...-increase-freeze-2301550
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
kawi254
#265 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2020 4:03:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2015
Posts: 397
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=heri]Who has some insights on the proposed 20% increment in power tariffs that KPLC is seeking

I see that there is a case in court on the same

https://www.businessdail...increase-freeze-2301550[/quote]

I have read it here in Wazua that new power plants e.g Olkaria 5 capacity charges have not been loaded onto power bills. If true i believe KenGen will take a hit on delay of power tariffs.
Ericsson
#266 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2020 6:49:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,142
Location: NAIROBI
kawi254 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=heri]Who has some insights on the proposed 20% increment in power tariffs that KPLC is seeking

I see that there is a case in court on the same

https://www.businessdail...increase-freeze-2301550[/quote]

I have read it here in Wazua that new power plants e.g Olkaria 5 capacity charges have not been loaded onto power bills. If true i believe KenGen will take a hit on delay of power tariffs.


This should have been on the kengen thread
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Extraterrestrial
#267 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 10:42:28 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2018
Posts: 157
Location: Mars
Catastrophe is not far...
KaunganaDoDo
#268 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 8:00:57 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 279
Extraterrestrial wrote:
Catastrophe is not far...


The Release of Full Year 2019/20 Financials will most certainly be delayed due to late engagement with new external auditors
Ericsson
#269 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:58:58 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,142
Location: NAIROBI
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
Catastrophe is not far...


The Release of Full Year 2019/20 Financials will most certainly be delayed due to late engagement with new external auditors


Who are the new external auditors
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
KaunganaDoDo
#270 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 5:02:19 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 279
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
Catastrophe is not far...


The Release of Full Year 2019/20 Financials will most certainly be delayed due to late engagement with new external auditors


Who are the new external auditors

E&Y
Extraterrestrial
#271 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 10:08:25 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2018
Posts: 157
Location: Mars
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
Catastrophe is not far...


The Release of Full Year 2019/20 Financials will most certainly be delayed due to late engagement with new external auditors


But of course, how could I forget the annual ritual? Profit warning ➡️ delayed publication of results ➡️ worse results than the previous year
VituVingiSana
#272 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 2:36:14 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,328
Location: Nairobi
KenGen fines Kenya Power Sh722m for late payments

https://www.businessdail...or-late-payments-2485144
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#273 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:15:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,142
Location: NAIROBI
[quote=VituVingiSana]KenGen fines Kenya Power Sh722m for late payments

https://www.businessdail...r-late-payments-2485144[/quote]

Kidogo you will hear such costs to be passed on to the consumer.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Queen
#274 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:07:15 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 427
Location: Britain
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]KenGen fines Kenya Power Sh722m for late payments

https://www.businessdail...r-late-payments-2485144[/quote]

Kidogo you will hear such costs to be passed on to the consumer.


Exactly.
Ericsson
#275 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 9:39:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,142
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.businessdail...per-electricity-2485982

The IPPs have to make money.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Fyatu
#276 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 4:27:59 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,783
Location: Nakuru
If you have Kenya Power shares, sell them and buy Umeme a very efficient and well managed utility. Kenya power will not make a profit in the next 5 years and will die a natural death like Mumias. Thank me later.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
VituVingiSana
#277 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:06:48 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,328
Location: Nairobi
Fyatu wrote:
If you have Kenya Power shares, sell them and buy Umeme a very efficient and well managed utility. Kenya power will not make a profit in the next 5 years and will die a natural death like Mumias. Thank me later.
It will not die but probably become another KQ.
Investing in most GoK-controlled firms is a road to nowhere. Except Kenya Re. For now. Until 2023.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#278 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:17:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,858
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
If you have Kenya Power shares, sell them and buy Umeme a very efficient and well managed utility. Kenya power will not make a profit in the next 5 years and will die a natural death like Mumias. Thank me later.
It will not die but probably become another KQ.
Investing in most GoK-controlled firms is a road to nowhere. Except Kenya Re. For now. Until 2023.

GoK never had a controlling stake in KQ.. Even after restructuring.. Safaricom, KCB have substantial GoK shareholder presence, usitishe watu bure. Meanwhile uza hio nyani inaitwa KENRE. Thank me later
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
VituVingiSana
#279 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:04:44 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,328
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
If you have Kenya Power shares, sell them and buy Umeme a very efficient and well managed utility. Kenya power will not make a profit in the next 5 years and will die a natural death like Mumias. Thank me later.
It will not die but probably become another KQ.
Investing in most GoK-controlled firms is a road to nowhere. Except Kenya Re. For now. Until 2023.

GoK never had a controlling stake in KQ.. Even after restructuring.. Safaricom, KCB have substantial GoK shareholder presence, usitishe watu bure. Meanwhile uza hio nyani inaitwa KENRE. Thank me later

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am good. Going to get a dividend in Nov. To be reviewed by 2023.
Vodafone, not GoK, controls Safaricom.

BUT I wish you (in KQ) the best. And all shareholders of KPLC.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#280 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 11:19:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 9,142
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
If you have Kenya Power shares, sell them and buy Umeme a very efficient and well managed utility. Kenya power will not make a profit in the next 5 years and will die a natural death like Mumias. Thank me later.
It will not die but probably become another KQ.
Investing in most GoK-controlled firms is a road to nowhere. Except Kenya Re. For now. Until 2023.

GoK never had a controlling stake in KQ.. Even after restructuring.. Safaricom, KCB have substantial GoK shareholder presence, usitishe watu bure. Meanwhile uza hio nyani inaitwa KENRE. Thank me later


But the mismanagement,corruption and looting at KQ was done by government operatives.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Users browsing this topic
Guest
17 Pages«<1213141516>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.