Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<3233343536>»
Why dustbowl is the future
amorphous
#661 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2020 10:33:02 PM

Saitoti's GHOST haunts Ngong

https://www.businessdail...ew-ngong-market-2370526

Quote:
The four storey market with modern stalls and offices will accommodate more than 3,000 traders.

Traders were relocated to Ngong stadium temporary to pave way for the construction.

It is billed as the biggest modern market in East Africa that ought to propel Ngong town to a 24 hours economy and attract international investors.

#DCRising
New Normal!
TheAlchemist
#662 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2020 7:47:17 AM

amorphous wrote:
Saitoti's GHOST haunts Ngong

https://www.businessdail...ew-ngong-market-2370526

Quote:
The four storey market with modern stalls and offices will accommodate more than 3,000 traders.

Traders were relocated to Ngong stadium temporary to pave way for the construction.

It is billed as the biggest modern market in East Africa that ought to propel Ngong town to a 24 hours economy and attract international investors.

#DCRising

Profesa's kin should by now have been long enough in the game to realize that kama haiko haiko!!! Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you , and they can no longer stop the tsunami that is the explosive growth of this part of DC.

I also wish the county govt would expedite the completion of the stadium in Ngong. For some reason for small towns in .ke, nothing quite seems to signal the fact that you have arrived than having your own fully fledged stadium complete with all the bells and whistles, and not those dusty soccer pitches with tracks marked in chalk.

And finally ... the opening up of the other end of DC seems to be unstoppable https://www.businessdail...o-ease-scarcity-2453482 Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Quote:
"We will ensure more than 20,000 residents will have fresh drinking water to supplement the available supply, "said Mr Irungu.

The ministry has 22 running projects.

Mr Irungu also inspected Syokimau Reservoir Tank, East African Portland Cement Company Dam, Mavoko Water Treatment Plant, KMC Dam and Mavoko Contractor’s Storage Yard.

Residents expressed hope that the project will end their woes.

"We hope with the completion we will be guaranteed fresh water at affordable prices," said Ms Jane Mutheu.

Last year the ministry banned private companies from selling water to members of public in both Kitengela and Athi River towns.

The idea was to protect residents from unscrupulous vendors who used to mint millions.
amorphous
#663 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2020 9:19:17 AM

TheAlchemist wrote:

Profesa's kin should by now have been long enough in the game to realize that kama haiko haiko!!! Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you , and they can no longer stop the tsunami that is the explosive growth of this part of DC.

I also wish the county govt would expedite the completion of the stadium in Ngong. For some reason for small towns in .ke, nothing quite seems to signal the fact that you have arrived than having your own fully fledged stadium complete with all the bells and whistles, and not those dusty soccer pitches with tracks marked in chalk.

And finally ... the opening up of the other end of DC seems to be unstoppable https://www.businessdail...o-ease-scarcity-2453482 Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Quote:
"We will ensure more than 20,000 residents will have fresh drinking water to supplement the available supply, "said Mr Irungu.

The ministry has 22 running projects.

Mr Irungu also inspected Syokimau Reservoir Tank, East African Portland Cement Company Dam, Mavoko Water Treatment Plant, KMC Dam and Mavoko Contractor’s Storage Yard.

Residents expressed hope that the project will end their woes.

"We hope with the completion we will be guaranteed fresh water at affordable prices," said Ms Jane Mutheu.

Last year the ministry banned private companies from selling water to members of public in both Kitengela and Athi River towns.

The idea was to protect residents from unscrupulous vendors who used to mint millions.

Profesa Kimya!
Laughing out loudly

I have always said that Ngong has the most potential of all DC cities and is punching well below its weight. Hopefully the sparkling new Market and influx of more middle class residents will enhance the boom. I feel very at peace when I am in Ngong. Especially its hilly suburbs. And people are way more friendlier in Ngong in my humble experience compared to Jewel in the Crown where ex-Nairobian habits die hard. Rongai is even worse. If you are new there you will really feel like an outsider groping in the dark. I hope Ngong never loses this "friendly town" flavour.

That stadium has been stuck for eons, you are right, stadiums bring concerts, sporting and other national events which highlight cities and draw investors (and domestic tourists) who spend when they are in town. Hope it gets finished at some point. The "new" Machakos stadium had a similar effect on Machakos town. This is where Kitengela needs to pull up its socks. No stadium anywhere in sight!

Kudos on the water project Applause Applause Applause . At some point NWSC and the DC governor were in talks to have the County take over EPZ water (which gets its water from NWSC) and start supplying Kitengela residents. I wonder what became of that.

Why Ngong is one town to watch out for as an investor
https://sterlingpartners...watch-out-for-investors/
New Normal!
amorphous
#664 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2020 4:14:16 AM

Yet another reason why Jewel in the Crown will remain Jewel in the Crown in my humble view Drool
Imagine amorphous is in a driving mood and wants to sip coffee at Java Abc Place.
All he will need to do is drive nyweeeeeeeee onto the New Expressway and huyooooooo, in 10 to 15 minutes tops he is chatting with the G4S askaris at the abc place gate, getting his parking slip.
And if he is not in a driving mood and wants to have a steak at Cafe Deli Moi Avenue? He just takes a train from the sparkling future Kitengela Station and huyoooooooooooooooooooooooo arrives at CBD in no time for a pittance of a cost and gets good exercise walking in town too.
Once done..huyoooo back in Jewel in the Crown in no time. Best of both worlds.
Isitoshe, if he is TOTALLY BORED with Nairobi Metropolitan, he just boards the Intercounty at Kitengela (Athi River) SGR and huyoooo in less than 5 hours he is in Diani lazing on the beach watching time and life pass by under the sun!

- Kitengela commuter station
Athi River (Kitengela) SGR station
- Kitengela Expressway
- Fastest growing town in Kenya bar none (according to KNBS census data)
- Highly entrepreneurial and very young middle class, cosmopolitan population, majority of whom are homeowners rather than renters, and who represent the FACE OF KENYA

What more do you want to be told jameni?

#DCisTheFuture
#JewelInTheCrown=DC'sGroundZero

Quote:

How Embakasi-CBD commuter rail will transform city movement

Nine new stations are in the process of being built in Umoja, Kibera, Thika, Mbagathi Way, Kenyatta and Strathmore universities, Kitengela and Thogoto.
In Summary

• Starting this month, commuters will be able to use the commuter rail-BRT buses in the city once they alight from the train.

• This is part of the broader commuter-oriented transport system in partnership with Kenya Railways to ease movement in the city and its environs.

Image: COURTESY

Commuting to the city centre is now easier and faster through the Nairobi Commuter Rail as operations resume in Embakasi, Pipeline and Donholm railway stations.

The three stations were part of the 10 new stations that the Kenya Railways Corporation upgraded.

The departure time at Embakasi Village is 7.05am and the train will arrive at Pipeline at 7.20am. Commuters will have two minutes to either board or alight before the train leaves for Donholm station.

Commuters will still have two minutes to board or alight before the train heads to Makadara station where it I'll arrive at 7.37am.

It will take wait for three minutes before leaving for CBD to arrive at 7.54am.

In the evening schedule, the train will be leave the Nairobi Central Station at 6pm and drop off passengers in the three stations through the three stations and arrive at Embakasi Village at 6.49pm.

The Nairobi Metropolitan Service has also announced that starting this month, commuters will be able to use the commuter rail-BRT buses in the city once they alight from the train.

This is part of the broader commuter-oriented transport system in partnership with Kenya Railways to ease movement in the city and its environs .

According to the NMS, the clean and spacious buses will ply short routes as city residents wait for the completion of BRT infrastructure and amenities.

Image: COURTESY

In February this year, Kenya Railways announced that the country will purchase 11 Diesel Multiple Units this year at Sh1.15 billion.

The new DMUs ware expected to ply five routes from Nairobi Central Station to Embakasi Village, Syokimau, Kitengela, Kikuyu and Thika.

Nine new stations are in the process of being built in Umoja, Kibera, Thika, Mbagathi Way, Kenyatta and Strathmore universities, Kitengela and Thogoto.

In July, Kenya Railways announced it intends to grow the number of monthly commuters from the current 300,000 passengers to more than two million in the next two years.

The city’s commuter rail service was introduced in May 1992 in response to a series of PSV strikes.

However, due to poor standards, the Kenya Railway management said the rail service has been having a low level of demand.

Once completed, it is expected that the commuter rail will attract a substantial proportion of the 1.5 million population who commute daily to the CBD.

The commuter rail will also help reduce traffic jams and decongestion the CBD which has become a menace over the years.
New Normal!
amorphous
#665 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2020 7:37:12 AM

Challenge accepted Laughing out loudly

New Normal!
TheAlchemist
#666 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2020 9:26:06 AM

Haya...

amorphous
#667 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2020 12:39:06 PM

TheAlchemist wrote:
Haya...

Good one. Hapo sawa Applause Applause Applause
New Normal!
amorphous
#668 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2020 2:14:23 PM

I must admit. That Ngong Jerusalema challenge has won. Yetu did not even come close. I have watched it like 5 times already Laughing out loudly

111 ndio mtaa..Ngong, Ngong, Ngong... #DcRising
New Normal!
TheAlchemist
#669 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2020 3:08:16 PM

amorphous wrote:
I must admit. That Ngong Jerusalema challenge has won. Yetu did not even come close. I have watched it like 5 times already Laughing out loudly

Usijali brathee ... these are just friendlies as you earlier asserted. Besides, maybe the rarefied mountain air in Ngong makes for a more athletic physique over time, enabling those vigorous moves Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

That Ngong 111 track is nice... hard to believe Ngong DC has reached these levels of urbanization, complete with its own anthems from the young pool of talent !!!
amorphous
#670 Posted : Thursday, October 08, 2020 5:02:21 PM

TheAlchemist wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Usijali brathee ... these are just friendlies as you earlier asserted. Besides, maybe the rarefied mountain air in Ngong makes for a more athletic physique over time, enabling those vigorous moves Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

That Ngong 111 track is nice... hard to believe Ngong DC has reached these levels of urbanization, complete with its own anthems from the young pool of talent !!!

Indeed, Ngong has won hands down . Rongai ni kidogo jokes but they tried. Drool
New Normal!
sqft
#671 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 11:08:29 AM

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#672 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2020 7:16:49 AM

sqft wrote:

Very nice!
Where is the exact location of this place, brother?
New Normal!
TheAlchemist
#673 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 5:02:43 PM

"Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) wishes to invite you to a stakeholders consultation meeting for the project for the Proposed construction to bitumen standards of Nazarene University - Tuala Road in Kajiado County; and upgrading of part of Gataka Road, totalling to approximately 5 Kilometres. The meeting is scheduled for Thursday the 15th of October 2020 starting at 10.00 am at the Chief's Office - Ole Kasasi Location. Your attendance and participation will be highly appreciated."

Hope this project can come to fruition. Tuala area has been 'dead' for quite a long time due to poor access.
TheAlchemist
#674 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 5:45:24 PM

TheAlchemist wrote:

"Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA) wishes to invite you to a stakeholders consultation meeting for the project for the Proposed construction to bitumen standards of Nazarene University - Tuala Road in Kajiado County; and upgrading of part of Gataka Road, totalling to approximately 5 Kilometres. The meeting is scheduled for Thursday the 15th of October 2020 starting at 10.00 am at the Chief's Office - Ole Kasasi Location. Your attendance and participation will be highly appreciated."

Hope this project can come to fruition. Tuala area has been 'dead' for quite a long time due to poor access.

Updates:
✅Purpose of meeting is to conduct the Environmental Impact Assesment. Report developed and submitted to Nema for approval and issuance of a EIA license.
✅Phase 1 of project is 5km 4km Nazarene to Tuala and 1km Mayor road.
✅KURA responsible for the project.
✅5km road design is underway. From Mana bible to Nazarene is recarpetting. Nazarene to Tuala full road construction.
✅Road will be 7m wide and a walk path and drainage.
✅Procurement team finalizing on assessing bids of the company to undertake the job.
✅The project will take 12 months to be implemented.
✅Kura will instruct the contractor to offer job opportunities to local youth based on their skillset.
✅Plan for safety will be put in place such as traffic diversion, managing dust, safety of machines and road users.
✅The 5km project is phase I of the 25km KURA intends to construct. We'll find out the specifics of the remaining 20km. The next phase is yet to be identified
amorphous
#675 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 4:19:57 PM

TheAlchemist wrote:

Good stuff Applause And they should eventually link this all the way to Kitengela to form an aternative bypass Dancing #DCProgress
New Normal!
amorphous
#676 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 4:35:51 PM

When I started investing in Jewel in the Crown many moons ago, I never in my lifetime imagined I would get to say this. But Jewel in the Crown DC is getting to be as posh as middle to upper class Nairobi core and I am not exaggerating. Jana decided to take a brief tour down Namanga road past Yukos all the way to Acacia feeder road junction

--I was BLOWN AWAY by all the new biasharas, eateries, clubs, supermarkets and other middle class amenities that have emerged in the past few months even in the midst of the covid plandemic (yep correct spelling)
--Acacia feeder road Ola petrol station area is a whole new world. Has a posh steakhouse, chemists, a lounge and many more new (to me) biasharas there. There was a huge middle class crowd there in their sparkling machines ..appaently that pub has become very popular.
--The posh roadside pubs, restaurants and bars are all full to the brim. Bistrol Lounge, Halcyon, Pavilion, the works. V8's and the smell of moolah all around. I am willing to bet my bottom shilling that almost all of the owners of these machines are Jewel in the Crown homeowners
--Pavilion was ridiculously packed with leggy lithe young ladies shaking their bodies twi twi twi twi to ear shattering music.
--Supermarkets like Olmarei are really picking up the pieces of the Tuskys collapse. For those of you still looking for business opportunities..there is a huuuge niche opportunity hapa. A local supermarket closer to the posh middle class estates that sell at an affordable price.
--Posh eateries are stealing the thunder from veterans like Yukos Inn. The older ones like Club Ole Timz and Grays Oak and Ireland are now struggling (incredible). The dingy ones will need to shut down and turn into hardware shops (always a winner business in Kite). I said it before...the middle classes in Kitengela are very demanding. Posh up your biashara or ship out. These are young people with discerning tastes and money to match. Choma in a sleepy hotel will not cut it for them any more.
--Homes are expanding into the vast Jewel in the Crown hinterland like weeds. Acacia feeder used to be a dusty outback as recently as last year. Was SHOCKED to find so much build activity going on there and in the surrounds
--What I really LOVE is how most of the biasharas on Namanga rd past "the bridge" (New Valley/Milimani area) are now all getting poshed up in a way I have not seen in any other DC city. May this trend continue forever!

Bottom line I said it years ago and will say it again...DC is the future and Jewel in the Crown is its ground zero. Invest NOW or perish!
New Normal!
amorphous
#677 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 10:20:29 PM

Konza Rising #DCisTheFuture
New Normal!
amorphous
#678 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:19:40 AM

Ngong-Suswa new tarmack bikecation for those of you who enjoy such. Loving this new road!
New Normal!
Gathige
#679 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:16:05 PM

amorphous wrote:

Ngong-Suswa new tarmack bikecation for those of you who enjoy such. Loving this new road!

I have used the road from Suswa to Ngong and is a great alternative to the Mai-Mahiu connection. The tarmacked sections is quite minimal and will be a great road once completed. Its very dusty though at the moment as can be seen on the clip.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
amorphous
#680 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 10:45:59 AM

Gathige wrote:
amorphous wrote:

I have used the road from Suswa to Ngong and is a great alternative to the Mai-Mahiu connection. The tarmacked sections is quite minimal and will be a great road once completed. Its very dusty though at the moment as can be seen on the clip.

Indeed. The tarmacked section used to be red soil vumbi tupu right from Berra Hotel junction in Ngong! All the maisonettes in that area were coated with a goodly coat of red soil 24/7. Now they are all smiling all the way into their houses and to their bank from investing when everyone said that area was useless bush!

Can't wait as well for that road to be fully tarmacked.

I have also driven to Maroroi and then Saikeri area (off the Ngong-Suswa road a little bit after Kimuka) several times. That road also needs to be tarmacked. You need a really strong SUV to enjoy those areas. Once done I will migrate to that area very fast! It is scenic, serene and red-soil heavy with giant waterpans and hills nearby. In fact let me not say much but that area will definitely the new boom frontier of DC IMHO.
New Normal!