18 Pages«<15161718>
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach
mamilli
#321 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2020 2:49:59 PM

Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
YOLOd into liquidity mining afew days ago.Currently in the SHUSHI kitchen with BAND-osaurus and Aave-boar on the menu awaiting to rug-pull Uniswap lol! Just when you thought ICOs were risky,but yours truly is willing to take one for the team.

-88% in 5 days. You need to make 12X return just to break even. Pole mblo. This one clipped you badly.

LOL! Inakaa hii maneno hushikanishi.Anyway in yield farming,you provide funds in liquidity pools of either LENDING/DEX protocols and in return you earn rewards from the accrued platform fees.The rewards are essentially AIR DROPS of native governance tokens in my case SUSHI(hio jina jo!).Some find value in "governance" tokens but I don't thus I sell them on daily basis.APYs are usually insane (>1000%) been off loading around 100 sushi per day.Are there risks? yes,some very significant but I'll let you research on that.

How convenient Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Sorry I killed your excitement over my "heavy losses" smile
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
Jon Jones
#322 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2020 5:27:30 PM

mamilli wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
YOLOd into liquidity mining afew days ago.Currently in the SHUSHI kitchen with BAND-osaurus and Aave-boar on the menu awaiting to rug-pull Uniswap lol! Just when you thought ICOs were risky,but yours truly is willing to take one for the team.

-88% in 5 days. You need to make 12X return just to break even. Pole mblo. This one clipped you badly.

LOL! Inakaa hii maneno hushikanishi.Anyway in yield farming,you provide funds in liquidity pools of either LENDING/DEX protocols and in return you earn rewards from the accrued platform fees.The rewards are essentially AIR DROPS of native governance tokens in my case SUSHI(hio jina jo!).Some find value in "governance" tokens but I don't thus I sell them on daily basis.APYs are usually insane (>1000%) been off loading around 100 sushi per day.Are there risks? yes,some very significant but I'll let you research on that.

How convenient Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Sorry I killed your excitement over my "heavy losses" smile

Really? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Hindsight is 20/20 and this is wazua. It's not a crime to admit you got roasted on that one. You can deny it here, but your P&L will always tell you the unadulterated truth. Losses are part of the game so don't be too hard on yourself. You live to fight another day. After all, you are probably still in massive profits in other coins. If you couldn't handle the drawdowns you wouldn't be playing this game anyway. Handle it like a man. Even the best of us get clipped from time to time and that's the name of the game.
You made good money on ETH and LINK when you invested early. You got too greedy too quickly and you got clipped in all your recent purchases like ATOM (-17%) and ANKR (-45%). The good news is that if you did not panic-sell, you will be back in profit soon. Don't shoot the messenger. Peace.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
mamilli
#323 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2020 7:53:25 PM

Messenger mwitu...hio ya AMMs and their reward tokens like SUSHI enyewe tuseme tu peace..inakumix but read about it.

Kitu huitwa STOP LOSS muhimu sana,max downside on any "non-moonbag" position for me is 5%.You have the tools to mitigate your losses,please use them.
mamilli
#324 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2020 8:17:47 AM

mamilli wrote:

Day 9 of farming,yields are bonkers (I average 100 SUSHI in 24hrs),check ROI stats here https://sushi.zippo.io

These rewards will be slashed to 1/10 in 3 days.Migration from Uniswap to Sushiswap protocol in around 24 hrs(risky)

I intend to unstake my funds back to Uniswap before the migration.
Jon Jones
#325 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:29:44 AM

The herd is almost done bleeding. Just a few more days and then the smart money starts buying alts again.

I was starting to feel dead inside going for almost a month without trading.

Viva Crypto Drool Drool
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
mamilli
#326 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 8:40:28 AM

mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:

Day 9 of farming,yields are bonkers (I average 100 SUSHI in 24hrs),check ROI stats here https://sushi.zippo.io

These rewards will be slashed to 1/10 in 3 days.Migration from Uniswap to Sushiswap protocol in around 24 hrs(risky)

I intend to unstake my funds back to Uniswap before the migration.

Uniswap counters Sushiswap with the launch of UNI token.If your ETH address has interacted with Uniswap before 01/09/2020,go claim your free 400 UNI tokens.
UNI farming begins in 24hrs on select pools.

https://uniswap.org/blog/uni/

All my ETH/LINK/LEND moonbags deployed on Uniswap,Balancer and Sushiswap liquidity pools.Twende kazi...Shitcoins begets more Shitcoins as you lull Applause Applause Applause
Jon Jones
#327 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 12:57:20 PM

Now that the herd has bled dry, I have began to accumulate shitcoins. Those that didn't sell near the local top are sitting on 50%-70% drawdowns. LINK is down 50%, Tezos down 50%, @rwitre's OXT down 70% etc etc. Their bags are lighter, I can buy them again and sell back to them when they are super-heavy. Rinse and repeat.

That's the name of the game Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It's amazing how people don't want to buy now, at point of minimum risk, only to rush back later when the shitcoins have tripled in price one month from now.
Jon Jones
#328 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 7:50:17 PM

The silence is too loud here. What happened? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Most alts are as flat as pancakes. Some noobs have lost their money and sworn never to speculate on crypto again. This thread is dead. When alts reach or near a local top, I expect at least 5 posts on this thread per day as people shill their bags and buy at the worst possible time - just like last time. It always amazes me how the herd reasons, but I'm not complaining because we need the herd to bet against and make $$ from.

Don't get REKT!!
snifadog
#329 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2020 9:31:48 AM

October will be a green month. monies will be made. watching $AST closely. DJT will win the election, destroy the USA and pump the stock market
mnandii
#330 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2020 6:54:37 AM

XRPUSD DAILY chart.

XRPUSD should rise in a wave (iii) to levels beyond 0.6068 soon.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#331 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2020 6:59:58 AM

ETHEREUM DAILY Chart.

Ethereum should rise to about 520s in wave [b] of 2 (an Elliott Wave Expanded Flat) then fall in wave [c] to likely below 200
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Jon Jones
#332 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 12:44:20 AM

The party has officially started. Let's get paid. The herd will be joining us in 4 weeks at the worst possible time as always Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
ngapat
#333 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 2:31:52 PM

Jon Jones wrote:
The party has officially started. Let's get paid. The herd will be joining us in 4 weeks at the worst possible time as always Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

my portfolio had hit 3000usd before the bear started. Now its at 1100. I will hit the sell button asap should it hit 3000usd again. I invested 2000usd in 2017 at ATH and im seeing signs of recovering my money
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
Jon Jones
#334 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 9:51:02 PM

ngapat wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

my portfolio had hit 3000usd before the bear started. Now its at 1100. I will hit the sell button asap should it hit 3000usd again. I invested 2000usd in 2017 at ATH and im seeing signs of recovering my money

Just hold and you will be fine, simply because we are in a bull market.

I lost a lot of money too at the beginning when I was a clueless wannabe retail trader/investor. Sometimes I look back and pity my younger self and how naive I was. Nowadays, I'm on the opposite side of that bet but it took a lot of harsh lessons, capital erosion, blood, sweat, and tears. I still have a lot to learn, but at least my losses are manageable now and my equity curve is upwards (I make more than I lose).

It takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice to become a successful trader (Years and not a weekend course). However, the outcome of one trade is binary (win or loss), and this makes the masses think that trading is easy.

Trading is the only career where a clueless newbie has a 50% chance of making money in the short term. This draws retail in for the quick gains because they don't understand probabilities. In the long run, they lose the money. You can't land a jet without prior knowledge and experience, but you can make a profit in your first trade without prior experience. This is the trap that draws most retail investors to markets.

In social circles people ask what I do for a living, and once they hear trading, they ask me to teach them how to trade as if it is something they can learn in one weekend/month. It takes 4+ years to be a decent computer programmer, lawyer, architect, etc...but somehow people think it takes 2 weeks to learn trading.Shame on you Shame on you
Jon Jones
#335 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:37:21 AM

First profits locked in. 100% in two days on ABBC. It's nice to see your P&L. I had missed this.

Drool Drool Drool
Jon Jones
#336 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 4:07:15 PM

When lambo Drool Drool Drool

@Mnadii utaambia watu niniii

The majors move first. Then the alts will leave the blood basement and catch up at rocket speed.
snifadog
#337 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 11:01:12 AM

paypal has officially opened the crypto floodgates. the next bull run will be televised (in cinemas) too.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54630283
Jon Jones
#338 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 1:52:45 PM

[quote=snifadog]paypal has officially opened the crypto floodgates. the next bull run will be televised (in cinemas) too.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54630283[/quote]

Most coins are already pumping. The best time to buy was two weeks ago. The herd will be joining us in a few.
Jon Jones
#339 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:07:15 PM

[quote=snifadog]paypal has officially opened the crypto floodgates. the next bull run will be televised (in cinemas) too.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54630283[/quote]
Most coins are already pumping. The best time to buy was two weeks ago. The herd will be joining us in a few.
Jon Jones
#340 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 11:48:53 AM

The herd has officially joined the alts party. They didn't buy when the alts were in the blood basement Laughing out loudly Applause . Now that there are massive pumps everywhere, they are back with lambo dreams. It is all musical chairs and as always, the pros will exit quietly and leave the herd with very heavy bags. Rinse and repeat. Exactly like the last swing and many before. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly