wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<4748495051>»
Cytonn Investments
Queen
#961 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2020 4:03:39 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
First ethical rule: If you see fraud and do not say fraud, you are a fraud.

~Naseem Nicholas Taleb

As good a summary as they come. No need to add more, lest its construed to be from a STUPID PERSON as above stated.
mwekez@ji
#962 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2020 8:44:13 PM

murchr wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Keen to see how this will end. There might be 'I told you so' or someone will eat a humble pie.

It has ended my brother. In premium tears for the invest ors. You haven't read up on their defaults?

Nothing of the sort:

1. All they did was take a moratorium during the covid period for their loans. Nothing unusual in corporate Kenya during the Covid period! Ama this is unusual?

2. CMA lost the case so to me it seems the letter was out of spite

3. Cytonn have a great asset base.

I’m confident Cytonn is here to stay. Get used to it 😀.

*mic drop*

Tell us more about No. 3

What are the Assets and Liabilities?

Where are their financial statements?

Mzee wa kazi, Wazua has missed you.

Niko kaka. Been seeking these financials but Cytonn wont give them, even to investors
obiero
#963 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2020 9:56:12 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
murchr wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Keen to see how this will end. There might be 'I told you so' or someone will eat a humble pie.

It has ended my brother. In premium tears for the invest ors. You haven't read up on their defaults?

Nothing of the sort:

1. All they did was take a moratorium during the covid period for their loans. Nothing unusual in corporate Kenya during the Covid period! Ama this is unusual?

*mic drop*

Tell us more about No. 3

Niko kaka. Been seeking these financials but Cytonn wont give them, even to investors

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#964 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2020 1:23:45 AM

kaka2za wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Horton wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Investors will take their money back to the traditional unit trusts like ICEALION, CIC,britam who give lower rates of interest than cytonn but have sense of stability and security

Maybe, but having talked to other investors like myself, the naysayers have been saying this thing will collapse 6 years ago. Don't see that happening. Perhaps we look for a new song to sing?

Can any bank survive a bank run?

As an investor, I am satisfied with the explanation given by Cytonn.
I knew what I was getting into and am not going to ask for my money before 2021.

τετέλεσται...
possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#965 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2020 3:37:31 AM

“You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out.” — Warren Buffett.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#966 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2020 5:58:23 AM

murchr wrote:
“You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out.” — Warren Buffett.

Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...ost-incyton-saga-2454678

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mwekez@ji
#967 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2020 9:09:14 AM

obiero wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
murchr wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Nothing of the sort:

*mic drop*

Tell us more about No. 3

CHYF is still a small fund. CHYS ndiyo iko na pesa mingi ya uma >16B

Please share or send financials of:
1. Cytonn Investments Management Plc
2. Cytonn High Yield Solutions LLP

My email is 2mwekezaji@gmail.com
Queen
#968 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:37:48 AM

Am not a fan of Cytonn but DN have surely done a very poorly researched and written article on the origin and current status at this crumbling house.

https://nation.africa/ke...ass-house-cracks-2463786
Queen
#969 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 5:36:44 PM

[quote=Queen]Am not a fan of Cytonn but DN have surely done a very poorly researched and written article on the origin and current status at this crumbling house.

https://nation.africa/ke...ss-house-cracks-2463786[/quote]

A very disjointed and shallow article with no flow at all. Am pretty sure our very own @PK would have done a much better article for them on Cytonn at no pay.
paulkimani
#970 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 8:15:38 AM

I think it’s fine and accurate. Doesn’t cover the entire pyramid scheme but says enough.
What I have learned in 5 years is if you write anything negative about Cytonn, regardless of it being true, you will have many Cytonn followers waiting to scream wolf.

Best article to date as it speaks about their history as well

Queen wrote:
[quote=Queen]Am not a fan of Cytonn but DN have surely done a very poorly researched and written article on the origin and current status at this crumbling house.

A very disjointed and shallow article with no flow at all. Am pretty sure our very own @PK would have done a much better article for them on Cytonn at no pay.

VituVingiSana
#971 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 9:20:49 AM

paulkimani wrote:
I think it’s fine and accurate. Doesn’t cover the entire pyramid scheme but says enough.
What I have learned in 5 years is if you write anything negative about Cytonn, regardless of it being true, you will have many Cytonn followers waiting to scream wolf.

Queen wrote:

Is the online version of the article truncated compared to the print version?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Horton
#972 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 2:54:23 PM

paulkimani wrote:

Queen wrote:

Clearly a case of David vs Goliath. Goliath being PK and his old money sponsors.

These guys Crying wolf yet all projects are running (albeit behind schedule) but show me a developer that has handed over on schedule and I will show u a liar 🤥

I think they should let cytonn be.
NewMoney
#973 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:08:01 AM

Horton wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Queen wrote:

Clearly a case of David vs Goliath. Goliath being PK and his old money sponsors.

These guys Crying wolf yet all projects are running (albeit behind schedule) but show me a developer that has handed over on schedule and I will show u a liar 🤥

The Chinese developers who dominate Kileleshwa, Kilimani and Mombasa road hand over on time almost every time (100% of the cases I know of were handed over on time, with a maximum of 3 months delay which is understandable given how unreliable/unpredictable water and electricity connections can be in this country)
Horton
#974 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 4:21:44 AM

NewMoney wrote:
Horton wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Queen wrote:

The Chinese developers who dominate Kileleshwa, Kilimani and Mombasa road hand over on time almost every time (100% of the cases I know of were handed over on time, with a maximum of 3 months delay which is understandable given how unreliable/unpredictable water and electricity connections can be in this country)

That’s quite broad based. Do you have any specific examples? The ones I dealt with were 16months behind schedule.

paulkimani
#975 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 8:22:53 AM

The ones behind schedule of defaulted or both?
Banda homes
Suraya
Goldenscape Greenhouse
Shangilia Baba na Mama housing

https://twitter.com/iam0...316349241078550528?s=21

https://twitter.com/owar...316307536249839618?s=21

Horton wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Horton wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Queen wrote:

That’s quite broad based. Do you have any specific examples? The ones I dealt with were 16months behind schedule.

Horton
#976 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 8:51:56 AM

paulkimani wrote:
The ones behind schedule of defaulted or both?
Banda homes
Suraya
Goldenscape Greenhouse
Shangilia Baba na Mama housing

https://twitter.com/iam0...316349241078550528?s=21

https://twitter.com/owar...316307536249839618?s=21

Horton wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Horton wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Queen wrote:

All developers are behind schedule. 😊

Btw, did you hear that ALMA is 70% sold and phase 2 is being handed over on 29/10? I’m part of that group and very excited 😊
paulkimani
#977 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:41:15 AM

Congratulations on your purchase @Horton. All the best.

The above list of defaulters/late developments were all proven to be scams.
VituVingiSana
#978 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 7:54:23 AM

Horton wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Queen wrote:

Awali Estate developed by Vipingo Development Ltd owned by Centum.

https://test.standardmed...um-hands-over-74-houses

"Centum Investment Company’s real estate has handed over 74 maisonettes and bungalows at Awali Estate, in Vipingo, Kilifi County, to their owners."

"Construction of the family-oriented gated community commenced in January 2019 and the houses will be delivered this Saturday, three months ahead of the scheduled completion date."
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
watesh
#979 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 10:51:06 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Queen wrote:
Queen wrote:
Am not a fan of Cytonn but DN have surely done a very poorly researched and written article on the origin and current status at this crumbling house.

https://nation.africa/ke...ss-house-cracks-2463786

"Centum Investment Company’s real estate has handed over 74 maisonettes and bungalows at Awali Estate, in Vipingo, Kilifi County, to their owners."

"Construction of the family-oriented gated community commenced in January 2019 and the houses will be delivered this Saturday, three months ahead of the scheduled completion date."

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Horton
#980 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 10:23:31 PM

watesh wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Queen wrote:
Queen wrote:

https://nation.africa/ke...ss-house-cracks-2463786

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Let me rephrase, projects of a meaningful size. 74 houses is tiny.