wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

126 Pages«<115116117118119>»
Madness at the NSE
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2321 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 4:30:11 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
We are back to levels last seen in May 2003...........and this is before Safaricom goes ex

NSE20 down 68 points to 1811 Pray Pray Pray

The great unwind. The entire bull charge from 2003 wiped out. I wonder how many retail investors still remain in the market having peaked with the safaricom IPO...drop in numbers should be highly correlated to the bear run.

The carnage today especially on the bank stocks was unrelenting KCB's 40% PAT shave having re-energised the bears.
Was expecting a sub 1700 today but we are only down 12.81 points to 1738.
PPT did indeed show up late to stem further rout towards market close.
@SufficientlyP
Queen
#2322 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:53:42 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
We are back to levels last seen in May 2003...........and this is before Safaricom goes ex

The great unwind. The entire bull charge from 2003 wiped out. I wonder how many retail investors still remain in the market having peaked with the safaricom IPO...drop in numbers should be highly correlated to the bear run.

The carnage today especially on the bank stocks was unrelenting KCB's 40% PAT shave having re-energised the bears.

There is a young generation of investors which has never understood why ailments like diabetes and High Blood Pressure are referred to as the richman's diseases. Any investor in the NSE who has not currently suffered from any stress-related ailments should count themselves extremely lucky.
Ericsson
#2323 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 7:59:10 AM

https://www.theeastafric...le-stock-market-2219156

Kenya being sidelined
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
winmak
#2324 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 1:21:52 PM

“Kenya, which runs the largest stock market in the region in terms of market capitalisation and number of listed companies pulled out of the project in 2015 after expressing dissatisfaction on how the Pakistan firm was awarded the contracting citing procurement irregularities.“

Ni sisi tulijitoa
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Queen
#2325 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 2:04:46 PM

winmak wrote:
“Kenya, which runs the largest stock market in the region in terms of market capitalisation and number of listed companies pulled out of the project in 2015 after expressing dissatisfaction on how the Pakistan firm was awarded the contracting citing procurement irregularities.“

Ni sisi tulijitoa

The reasons cited are as stupid as stupidity itself. The masters of corruption complaining about matters procurement. The height of irony.
VituVingiSana
#2326 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 7:59:54 PM

Queen wrote:
winmak wrote:

Ni sisi tulijitoa

The reasons cited are as stupid as stupidity itself. The masters of corruption complaining about matters procurement. The height of irony.
Was it "Kenya" that objected or the NSE?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Queen
#2327 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 12:37:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Queen wrote:
winmak wrote:

Ni sisi tulijitoa

Was it "Kenya" that objected or the NSE?

Corrupt kenyan individuals domiciled at NSE.
Impunity
#2328 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 8:51:16 PM

Queen wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

There is a young generation of investors which has never understood why ailments like diabetes and High Blood Pressure are referred to as the richman's diseases. Any investor in the NSE who has not currently suffered from any stress-related ailments should count themselves extremely lucky.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Esstiko
#2329 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 10:11:50 PM

Any idea on Gitogo's sale of 11 million cic shares?

https://www.businessdail...3SXaud6M_NWxuPS-S9gu-5YI
Ericsson
#2330 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 8:06:23 AM

[quote=Esstiko]Any idea on Gitogo's sale of 11 million cic shares?

https://www.businessdail...SXaud6M_NWxuPS-S9gu-5YI[/quote]

He left the company.
wukan
#2331 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2020 3:10:06 PM

Wueh, the cricket silence in the market. I bought some counters last week and found out I was the only one buying. Same thing yesterday and today. I feel so lonely. Guys come back to the market.
rwitre
#2332 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2020 3:57:34 PM

wukan wrote:
Wueh, the cricket silence in the market. I bought some counters last week and found out I was the only one buying. Same thing yesterday and today. I feel so lonely. Guys come back to the market.

Depressed market
Low investor sentiment
Shilling flirting with sudden devaluation
Political class focused on BBI

NSE is a reflection of the economy.

Ericsson
#2333 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2020 4:06:20 PM

rwitre wrote:
wukan wrote:

Depressed market
Low investor sentiment

Second wave corona virus delaying recovery.
Seems after we are done with COVID-19 it will be 2022 elections campaign top gear
Queen
#2334 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2020 8:22:25 PM

Ericsson wrote:
rwitre wrote:
wukan wrote:

Depressed market
Low investor sentiment

Seems after we are done with COVID-19 it will be 2022 elections campaign top gear

In other words, no reprieve any time soon.
mulla
#2335 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2020 9:24:18 AM

Ericsson wrote:
rwitre wrote:
wukan wrote:

Depressed market
Low investor sentiment

Strategy in NSE now should be accumulation with no optimism of significant gains before 2025(or hold for retirement unless the percentage capital gains are too attractive to hold for that long and those gains can be reinvested elsewhere in a strong undervalued counter)
Balaa
#2336 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 8:45:20 AM

BD: "Foreign investors pull KES 1B from NSE pn Covid-19 jitters"
https://www.businessdail...covid-19-jitters-2732146
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
wukan
#2337 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 9:50:25 AM

Institutional investors also ditched NSE

Quote:
HOW FAR IS JUBILEE IN CUTTING ITS RELIANCE ON EARNINGS FROM THE NAIROBI SECURITIES EXCHANGE (NSE) INVESTMENTS?

We are buying practically no stocks in the stock market. We stopped buying new shares at the NSE three years ago. Where possible, we are ditching stocks.

We are less dependent on the stock market right now. We have taken a similar stand on property investment. Our properties are primarily those for our own needs as opposed to investment purposes. For instance, we have one in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Kampala and Burundi but mainly for our office needs. We believe in investments that are good for investors and not just for making a statement. NSE and property investments have condemned many insurers into unstable returns.

https://www.businessdail...ter-allianz-deal-2732266
Ericsson
#2338 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 10:19:04 AM

[quote=wukan]Institutional investors also ditched NSE

Quote:
HOW FAR IS JUBILEE IN CUTTING ITS RELIANCE ON EARNINGS FROM THE NAIROBI SECURITIES EXCHANGE (NSE) INVESTMENTS?

We are buying practically no stocks in the stock market. We stopped buying new shares at the NSE three years ago. Where possible, we are ditching stocks.

We are less dependent on the stock market right now. We have taken a similar stand on property investment. Our properties are primarily those for our own needs as opposed to investment purposes. For instance, we have one in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Kampala and Burundi but mainly for our office needs. We believe in investments that are good for investors and not just for making a statement. NSE and property investments have condemned many insurers into unstable returns.

https://www.businessdail...er-allianz-deal-2732266[/quote]

Watalia machozi baadaye
Horton
#2339 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 10:34:32 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Natalia machozi baadaye

Wacha waende. We need to purchase at cheap prices before they come back and drive KCB back to 12PE 😀
VituVingiSana
#2340 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 5:58:03 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Quote:

Watalia machozi baadaye
Hindsight is 20/20. I wish I had followed their strategy since TanoTena! If not for KK, I would be crying my eyes out!

The reality is that most stocks on the NSE are below 2017 prices even if the underlying performance is good.

The difference between most of us and Jubilee is they have the ability to deploy a lot of cash into shares when they are ready. In the meantime, they make 6-11% on bonds with little risk. Also $ investments which the KES keeps on depreciating. It's already flirting with 110.

Jubilee isn't perfect but it is the best performing insurance firm on the NSE.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett